ADVERTISEMENT

Red Raiders best in the state. But........

King Chesco

Sep 28, 2018
Coatesville is the best public school in the state. That may not be good enough.

Which is a crime.

Will PIAA ever make it right?

Red Raiders have NOT proven they are best 6A public team in state yet. I’m the biggest Red Raider fan but stop your belly aching. These kids need to focus on the game and not politics of the coaches, local loser newspapers, public schools, Catholic hating, etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: roxychknpoxy
C-Ville may be the best public team, may have the most talent of the public schools, but they are not there yet. Most year's a top team with a ton of potential get's knocked off, last year everyone in the state had Harrisburg in a rematch with Wood in Hershey, they never made it. I think C-Ville will be there, but HS football has more upsets for many reasons; shorter games, younger players more prone to mistakes and emotion, most teams have a weak spot, etc. Then u add in PA weather, turnovers and coaching mistakes and a lot can happen. At least this year they don't have to play Prep in the semi's....

Reactions: ChesmontLeague1
It's funny you know sires like these are great when you have fans of Coatesville, North Penn, Downingtown, Neshaminy, Pine Richland, etc. come on here and tell you how great their local high school is and how much better the team is than that team. Honestly, season isnt even over yet. If you asked kids or coaches on any of these teams about being in Hershey I'm sure they would think it was great but they would probably say we want to win our league and our District etc. It's so tough to win District 1 because you have to win 4 games in a row and there are several pretty good teams that have had great years. Honestly, I think if DEast didn't play Coatesville I'm the second round last year, they easily could have been in the District finally. I think you could make a case for 5 or 6 teams to get there honestly. Hershey is still 8 weeks away for everyone. Who is going to win District 1? Tell North Penn, DWest, DEast, Garnet Valley and Haverford High they don't have a chance? Maybe even a Springford or a Truman as dark horses.

Reactions: lilromeo
It's funny you know sires like these are great when you have fans of Coatesville, North Penn, Downingtown, Neshaminy, Pine Richland, etc. come on here and tell you how great their local high school is and how much better the team is than that team. Honestly, season isnt even over yet. If you asked kids or coaches on any of these teams about being in Hershey I'm sure they would think it was great but they would probably say we want to win our league and our District etc. It's so tough to win District 1 because you have to win 4 games in a row and there are several pretty good teams that have had great years. Honestly, I think if DEast didn't play Coatesville I'm the second round last year, they easily could have been in the District finally. I think you could make a case for 5 or 6 teams to get there honestly. Hershey is still 8 weeks away for everyone. Who is going to win District 1? Tell North Penn, DWest, DEast, Garnet Valley and Haverford High they don't have a chance? Maybe even a Springford or a Truman as dark horses.

Couldn't agree more IAdelco...let's see what happens.

Although, the Red Raiders look a tier or more above the rest. But who knows, maybe a Garnet Valley type, like last year matches up very well.

I think if you go toe to toe and scheme wise with Coatesville only Prep can hang. It will take a vintage Pennsbury, Neshaminy or N. Penn to match-up with this loaded Coatesville team or the talent of a SJP.

You forgot Ridley... IA!! Those guys went on for years

IA, if CV doesn't win District 1 it will take a major, major upset. They will be favorite by double digits in every game. How can you bring up D-West, 42-14. Starters got pulled. DW or DE are not even close. I am not from CV or a fan, they are just a very talented team, with more speed then anyone in the district. You can say what you want but CV is well above the competition.

Great post on the dark horses. If ever a Truman could make final 4 of the district, this is the year. I agree with IA, let's enjoy the local playoffs this year.

Reactions: lilromeo
I don't count Ridley. They haven't been relevant since 2009? I wasnt even a poster then. What did DiNiro say in Untouchables?"Your nothing but hot air and and a badge." Thats kinda what Green Mystique has become under this regime. Feel like when the really good DC retired the became irrelevant. But hey, they will beat Interboro again this year so not all is lost. Can they still get in if they win they win out? Love to see them play the Red Raiders again in the first round. Be worse then when the Central league Red Raiders smashed them.

Coatesville is the best public school in the state. That may not be good enough.

Which is a crime.

Will PIAA ever make it right?
Pine-Richland is best public school in the state. Now Coatesville may be better in football this year but Pine-Richland is best public school in the state.

Reactions: CYOBALL1
The best team in D1 IA is Coatesville, by at least 2 scores. Hoping to see a final of Ville and Prep. Could be a great one but yes that is weeks away

North Penn will be there, and they usually get better in the playoffs. Let’s not forgot they’re the top-ranked team. Lot of Chesmont love here...

Since, I have watched every CVille game for the past 3 years, I would say, their best game defensively this season came against Harrisburg. While offensively, they played better against Middletown South or WC East this past weekend. At times, their OL doesn't create lanes for Aaron Young and for some reason, they have yet to get him on the edges consistently.

Beyond that, the Qb is pulling waaaaayyy to quickly at the mesh points while not utilizing pitch efforts. The opportunities are there, but it seems they are holding back on play calls and formations that I have seen from the past couple of years and are running a very vanilla offense for the most part.

I'm sure Cantafio is keeping his powder dry for later in the playoffs.

North Penn will be there, and they usually get better in the playoffs. Let’s not forgot they’re the top-ranked team. Lot of Chesmont love here...

Being the top ranked team in the points formula D-1 uses doesn't mean you're the best team. C'Ville is at minimum 2-3 TDs better than them.

Hence Burrs, BTM and Sub Monster, thats why they play the games. Everybody has an opinion. Get hot at the right time or get a favorable draw and the next thing you know your in the District Semifinal.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT