ADVERTISEMENT

Prep/Marietta

newport

Nov 22, 2002
The major college talent on the field for this game is crazy. Prep D looks fast and physical. Both lines playing very very well. If Prep can have success like this running the ball to go along with the passing attack we all think they will have, it will be tough for any Pa team to beat them this year. Kolbe Burrell might be the most underrated player in Pa this year. Love his running style. If he was at least 5'10, I think every major college would be after him. Great throw and even better catch for the Prep td in 2nd quarter. This has been a very very physical game. Both QBs have taken some big time(clean) hits after the have released the ball. Also kind of sloppy with the amount of flags thrown but it's to be expected in the first game of the year. 7-7 at half with Marietta set to receive the ball to start 3rd quarter. Should be a great 2nd half

Prep may also be the victim of a little "home cooking" reffing too. 2 questionable non fumble calls. A blatant PI non call. And a weird "he wasn't out of bounds so the clock keeps running" call at the end of the half

Reactions: Bighead75
The major college talent on the field for this game is crazy. Prep D looks fast and physical. Both lines playing very very well. If Prep can have success like this running the ball to go along with the passing attack we all think they will have, it will be tough for any Pa team to beat them this year. Kolbe Burrell might be the most underrated player in Pa this year. Love his running style. If he was at least 5'10, I think every major college would be after him. Great throw and even better catch for the Prep td in 2nd quarter. This has been a very very physical game. Both QBs have taken some big time(clean) hits after the have released the ball. Also kind of sloppy with the amount of flags thrown but it's to be expected in the first game of the year. 7-7 at half with Marietta set to receive the ball to start 3rd quarter. Should be a great 2nd half

Prep may also be the victim of a little "home cooking" reffing too. 2 questionable non fumble calls. A blatant PI non call. And a weird "he wasn't out of bounds so the clock keeps running" call at the end of the half

As you said the call I didn't get was the Prep receiver catching the ball, getting bumped immediately out of bounds and the ref wound his arms to keep the clock moving.

Seeing Marietta getting two separate 15 yards penalties on the same play after the McCord INT negates some of the home cooking theory.

Wasted opportunity by Prep. Huge INT returned to the 7. Two runs for nothing, then incomplete on 3rd. Settle for a FG, 14-10 Marietta. Prep offense has done nothing in the second half.

The INT was a fantastic play by Leneghan.

Am I a hater for wanting to see more out of McCord in this one (just tuned in for the second half). He can rip it, but he’s not fitting it into the windows this Marietta secondary requires.

Terrible 4th down call. This new coach needs to open things up. He's too predictable. The run is not there, use your strengths.

Both PIs on this drive were incredible throws, as was that back shoulder TD. That’s what I was looking for.

That was a predictable ending. Marietta had a couple dropped passes that would have been TD's. Tough game. The kid going to Tennessee outplayed McCord.

Reactions: Stalker
Terrible 4th down call. This new coach needs to open things up. He's too predictable. The run is not there, use your strengths.
I guess this new coach wasn’t the same guy whose been calling plays for the past 5 seasons?

Very good game. Marietta QB nice arm without a lot of air under his passes. Recent transfer going to Mich. State the difference in the end. Penalty against prep after the TD hurt them. Marietta got good field position with the return on the kick off..

Reactions: lilromeo
It was 21-17. Ram - what happened to Pennridge last night? I’m surprised they only scored 7 after Neshaminy let NP put up 55. How are Pennridge’s numbers? I always say to myself “this is their year.”

It was 21-17. Ram - what happened to Pennridge last night? I’m surprised they only scored 7 after Neshaminy let NP put up 55. How are Pennridge’s numbers? I always say to myself “this is their year.”[/QUOTE. Rams look down this year ..again ! neshaminy looked very good and Pennridges D struggled all night. i would say 70 kids

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT