ADVERTISEMENT

Playoff realization or no playoff realization

6daystosaturday

Aug 3, 2016
Just a thought for district 12 I guess. No PCL playoffs this year...so we are down to it....3 games left.
When you look at it, Wood has their spot sealed barring them not losing to Carroll. The Lasalle game doesn't matter to them, will only matter to Lasalle if they beat the Prep right. Barring Prep loss to Judge, if they beat Lasalle that seals it...provided they don't lose to Ryan.
So really when you look at it...Lasalle has Roman, Prep, Wood. They win out they win...and well deserved if that happens.
Looking at D1...Pennridge still has CB South, and CB East. Looks like they can make the biggest move I can see up the ratings if they sweep. But lose to both and they are out...right?

Pennridge has played the top 3 schools in the point standings: NP, Nesh and PV. Even though they lost all 3, they should pick up 300 bonus points from those games.

Got it....same way looks like if CB West or HH somehow sweeps they most likely wont be able to crack top 16. Trying to find a team I can root to push these last three weeks to turn it around and crack the playoffs....having a tough time finding one.

Agree, But won't the PCL have red and blue division champions based on regular season and not PCL champs by classification after playoffs like recent years? Not sure... Huck? Who gets the hub cap?

The PCL plaque (hub cap) will go to the team with the best record in the regular season. One for Red Division, one for Blue Division

So no playoffs for PCL...positions are locked up except for Prep. Lasalle can still play for the hubcap (gotta beat wood and prep). Lower division Ohara still has to beat Egan.
Looks like District One also set because of points. I got inter ac starting...so there are games there that matter. This is like the damn NFL...

Still PCL playoffs for District title, so Prep, LS, Judge and Roman still play to meet city winner for D12 title and state berth. Could be different than PCL red div champ...

There won't be Red/Blue playoffs, but there will be classification playoffs. The champions of each league will be decided by final league standings. No different than any D-1 league.

After the RS there will be class playoffs in most of the PCL classifications.

6A: All 4 teams play. 1 v 4, 2 v 3. Winners in final to decide PCL 6A rep.

5A: Top team (probably Wood) gets a bye. 2 v 3 (Ryan/Carroll), with winner playing Wood in 5A PCL final.

4A: BP will play CO. Winner moves onto D-12 final vs Imhotep. Yes, I have already penciled Imhotep in.

3A: no final between CE/LC. I think CE has wrapped this up and will move onto a D-12 final (probably Del Val). However, after this a 4-team subregional with D-1 will commence. It's possible that CE/DV play two weeks in a row or twice in three-week period. The other candidates to play in this subregional are Kipp-Dubois and New Hope.

2A: No PCL final. No D-12 final. A 4-team subregional with D-1. West Catholic, Strawberry Mansion (Only Pub 2A team, Bristol, McDevitt, and VFMA will comprise this group. Well, 4 of the 5.

There won't be Red/Blue playoffs, but there will be classification playoffs. The champions of each league will be decided by final league standings. No different than any D-1 league.

After the RS there will be class playoffs in most of the PCL classifications.

6A: All 4 teams play. 1 v 4, 2 v 3. Winners in final to decide PCL 6A rep.

5A: Top team (probably Wood) gets a bye. 2 v 3 (Ryan/Carroll), with winner playing Wood in 5A PCL final.

4A: BP will play CO. Winner moves onto D-12 final vs Imhotep. Yes, I have already penciled Imhotep in.

3A: no final between CE/LC. I think CE has wrapped this up and will move onto a D-12 final (probably Del Val). However, after this a 4-team subregional with D-1 will commence. It's possible that CE/DV play two weeks in a row or twice in three-week period. The other candidates to play in this subregional are Kipp-Dubois and New Hope.

2A: No PCL final. No D-12 final. A 4-team subregional with D-1. West Catholic, Strawberry Mansion (Only Pub 2A team, Bristol, McDevitt, and VFMA will comprise this group. Well, 4 of the 5.
Huck, Do you know if any of the PCL schools are likely to change classification next year because of increasing or decreasing enrollment--or because of a desire to "play up"?

I'm not sure there was any good way to avoid it, but it seems one effect of all the changes is that the PCL championship (whether red or blue) means a whole lot less than it used to mean.

Huck, Do you know if any of the PCL schools are likely to change classification next year because of increasing or decreasing enrollment--or because of a desire to "play up"?

I'm not sure there was any good way to avoid it, but it seems one effect of all the changes is that the PCL championship (whether red or blue) means a whole lot less than it used to mean.
I could be wrong here but I believe classifications can not be adjusted yearly. I believe its every 2 or 3 years?

Tulla, it's a two-year cycle and I have never seen a switch after year one. Things will stay the same next year.

For conversation's sake, what PCL team would move up if they could? I don't really see any candidates.

Huck, I didn't have any particular school in mind. Seeing the list you prepared made me realize how much has changed. Not all that long ago North Catholic was in the Red Division and Wood was in the Blue.

O'Hara is very close to 5A in enrollment. What would they think of moving to the Red Division? I guess they won't have a choice if their numbers go up just a bit or, what may be more likely, the cut-off comes down.

Damn Burrs I was gonna throw out the PPL playoff structure until you threw that Imhotep line in there and completely screwed my train of thought.

Damn Burrs I was gonna throw out the PPL playoff structure until you threw that Imhotep line in there and completely screwed my train of thought.

You can still throw it out. Imhotep being the 4A pub rep is a forgone conclusion.

Will the public league crown champions in the same fashion, by regular season divisions, or will there be six pub champs by class?

Pub will follow same path as PCL. There are 4 divisions this year formed in order of strength. From toughest to weakest they are:
  • Independence
  • Liberty
  • National
  • American
5A and 6A All 8 teams in each class make playoffs seeded based on finish within within division then by division. So as an example in 6A Northeast is the only 6A team in Liberty so they are the 1 seed. Central has the best record in Liberty so they are the 2 seed.

In 4A there are 7 teams so the #1 seed from Independence, Imhotep, gets a bye in the first round. The other teams are seeded the same way as 5A and 6A.

In 3A there are 4 teams 2 in the Independence and American divisions. The teams in each division played each other and the winner of their games during the regular season advance to the final.

The lone 2A team, Strawberry Mansion moves on to the subregional with District 1.

Pub will follow same path as PCL. There are 4 divisions this year formed in order of strength. From toughest to weakest they are:
  • Independence
  • Liberty
  • National
  • American
5A and 6A All 8 teams in each class make playoffs seeded based on finish within within division then by division. So as an example in 6A Northeast is the only 6A team in Liberty so they are the 1 seed. Central has the best record in Liberty so they are the 2 seed.

In 4A there are 7 teams so the #1 seed from Independence, Imhotep, gets a bye in the first round. The other teams are seeded the same way as 5A and 6A.

In 3A there are 4 teams 2 in the Independence and American divisions. The teams in each division played each other and the winner of their games during the regular season advance to the final.

The lone 2A team, Strawberry Mansion moves on to the subregional with District 1.

District 12: "The "everyone gets a trophy" district. Lose every game and get rewarded with a playoff spot.

I meant more about the plaques since someone said the pcl will reward the hubcaps to the red and blue regular season winners, will the pub follow suit or will they give 6 plaques for each class?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT