ADVERTISEMENT

Pine Richland 56 vs State College 33

Very interesting game. State College defense was not very good at all. P-R ran at will versus them and had numerous deep passes open (and dropped or overthrown!) Must have had 400+ yards rushing. Meckler is a threat to take it to the house ever time he touches the ball and they are mixing in Cerminara very effectively at tailback. Looks like they are running kids on and off the field very quickly trying to mix up the defense and keep kids fresh. Frankly, the offense looks like a different group since the NA game. They are more spread out now and the young kids are playing with more confidence. The QB play has gone through the roof since the end of the season. Kudos for the staff for making the necessary adjustments.

Defensive is another story. Besides the IMG game, this was the worst they played all year in games that I've been to. State College's only offense on the ground was fake punts. I think they got three on them. The pass defense was really bad. I didn't think the State College QB was great, but I saw on twitter he had over 300 yards passing. Meckler wasn't playing as much on defense and the kids they had in was getting picked on. Also, when people were covered the QB had nice runs. He was probably their leading rusher. That area of the game needs to be improved over SJP will throw for 500 next week.

All in all though, a lot to be happy about for Rams fans. Not sure if anyone would have expected this group to get this far and have another shot at the title. Two more games. We'll see next week.

Reactions: JACKY6996
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT