ADVERTISEMENT

PIne-Richland 2022

No chance, 4 classifications resulted in better competition, aka better teams.

2010 and 2012 NA > 2017 and 2020 PR, 2021 Lebo, 2016 PCC, etc.

honestly I’d say 2012 NA is the greatest WPIAL team in history, and arguably best PIAA team.

That is laughable.

No chance, 4 classifications resulted in better competition, aka better teams.

2010 and 2012 NA > 2017 and 2020 PR, 2021 Lebo, 2016 PCC, etc.

honestly I’d say 2012 NA is the greatest WPIAL team in history, and arguably best PIAA team.
whether the overall competition was better or not, I don't see any reason to think Lasalle and Coatesville were better finalists than those St Joes teams

Coatesville seemed like a very weak finalist, and Lasalle was the defending champs but not as good as their championship team, I still say that team only won because Woodland Hills was so beat up in the game against State College in 2009

2012 NA was a great team but I think plenty of teams would've beaten them, none of those kids did much at the next level so that's one reason it's hard for me to think they are the best, i mean they got playing time like Zeise and Kuglar but they weren't key players

did they face great competion? they beat Woodland Hills by 1 touchdown in the wpial final, i think most would agree Woodland Hills had many teams better than that team, Miles Sanders was a freshman on that team and he obviously got much better

Let's get this thread back on its tracks, considering that this is a P-R thread.

What are your predictions for tomorrow night's game? Score? Breakout players?

I'll say that the OL steps up it's game, but Pick North will still be too much to handle. The QB will struggle a bit as well. The secondary will be overwhelmed by PN's skill guys.

Pick North - 41
P-R - 10

Reactions: NNFAN and new2pa
Bummer. You read my mind. I’m gonna go 42-14, but it’s mercy rule at halftime. OL will do ok vS good PN team, but lack of any passing attack hurts PR. On the other side of the ball, too many two way players in the hot weather kills PR up front and backend is no match for PN skill.

Bummer. You read my mind. I’m gonna go 42-14, but it’s mercy rule at halftime. OL will do ok vS good PN team, but lack of any passing attack hurts PR. On the other side of the ball, too many two way players in the hot weather kills PR up front and backend is no match for PN skill.
sorry folks, don't mean to be negative, but this is not gonna be pretty- this Ohio may be one of the most talented teams PR has played in years. OL will likely struggle, i would be surprised if PN does not score AT LEAST one defensive TD. Their RB is a beast, our best hope is mistakes by PN being at our stadium. I'd predict 42-6

Let's get this thread back on its tracks, considering that this is a P-R thread.

What are your predictions for tomorrow night's game? Score? Breakout players?

I'll say that the OL steps up it's game, but Pick North will still be too much to handle. The QB will struggle a bit as well. The secondary will be overwhelmed by PN's skill guys.

Pick North - 41
P-R - 10
i think this thread has run its course

PR is not interesting anymore, Kasper has officially moved on, there days of winning titles are probably over for the foreseeable future

i think this thread has run its course

PR is not interesting anymore, Kasper has officially moved on, there days of winning titles are probably over for the foreseeable future
Mmm, yea, maybe leaving this thread is a good idea- I might not have to listen to the "northallegheny troll" any more... you are a piece of work- yea, maybe PR is not representing the state this year.... but its been 10 friggin years since NA did... and not gonna happen again, NA is lead by a fat lazy coach, (Walker) who DOES "play the game" like Kasper did not.... make nice, have a winning record, do not "overemphasize winning" and just be a "pleaser" and not make people mad... b/c Walker is making like 120 thousand, easy money and building his pension, a few more years, not making anybody mad, he will make $100 K for LIFE!!!

Sadly, Bradly, I think u are right, yea maybe this topic is not interesting anymore, PR unlikely to be great anymore not just b/c we lost "kasper" but a great staff "thrown in the garbage" by the idiot leaders at PR

Reactions: new2pa
One of the beauties of the old P-R was that it transcended the old Public / private talk. You could count on P-R being “good” every year and REALLY GOOD every couple of years. And when they were really good, the could compete with anybody. Think about how their final games of the season since 2013

2013: Lost to PCC - State Runnerup
2014: Lost in State to SJP
2015: Lost in wpials semis to P-T (down year)
2016: Lost in WPIAL semis to PCC (eventual state championship)
2017: State Champion beat SJP
2018: Lost in State Semis to SJP
2019: Lost in WPIAL finals to PCC
2020: State Champion beat ECP

That’s a smallish large public school going toe to toe with PA’s elite with 3 completely separate groups of kids over 8 years.
Gone.

One of the beauties of the old P-R was that it transcended the old Public / private talk. You could count on P-R being “good” every year and REALLY GOOD every couple of years. And when they were really good, the could compete with anybody. Think about how their final games of the season since 2013

2013: Lost to PCC - State Runnerup
2014: Lost in State to SJP
2015: Lost in wpials semis to P-T (down year)
2016: Lost in WPIAL semis to PCC (eventual state championship)
2017: State Champion beat SJP
2018: Lost in State Semis to SJP
2019: Lost in WPIAL finals to PCC
2020: State Champion beat ECP

That’s a smallish large public school going toe to toe with PA’s elite with 3 completely separate groups of kids over 8 years
Gone.
It kind of makes me sad that PR Golden age is truly over. They were fun to watch. No offense to Pine Richland as a whole, but that was one of the dumbest decisions ever firing Kasperowicz.

I’m lucky enough to see Mt. Lebanons golden age, with legendary coach palko at the helm. But eventually that will be gone aswell.

moral of the story: enjoy the good things while they last. (I guess)

Reactions: lilromeo and new2pa
It kind of makes me sad that PR Golden age is truly over. They were fun to watch. No offense to Pine Richland as a whole, but that was one of the dumbest decisions ever firing Kasperowicz.

I’m lucky enough to see Mt. Lebanons golden age, with legendary coach palko at the helm. But eventually that will be gone aswell.

moral of the story: enjoy the good things while they last. (I guess)
First of all, that was corny. Second of all, Lebo hasn’t had an “age”. it’s been 1 year. We have now entered the 2nd NA age.

Mmm, yea, maybe leaving this thread is a good idea- I might not have to listen to the "northallegheny troll" any more... you are a piece of work- yea, maybe PR is not representing the state this year.... but its been 10 friggin years since NA did... and not gonna happen again, NA is lead by a fat lazy coach, (Walker) who DOES "play the game" like Kasper did not.... make nice, have a winning record, do not "overemphasize winning" and just be a "pleaser" and not make people mad... b/c Walker is making like 120 thousand, easy money and building his pension, a few more years, not making anybody mad, he will make $100 K for LIFE!!!

Sadly, Bradly, I think u are right, yea maybe this topic is not interesting anymore, PR unlikely to be great anymore not just b/c we lost "kasper" but a great staff "thrown in the garbage" by the idiot leaders at PR
“NA is lead by a fat lazy coach”

I stopped reading after that. Are you trolling? Art walker jr is as hard working as it gets.

Yikes. 42-0. P-R hasn't lost that bad since 2018 to #3 nationally IMG.

Also, keep this in mind. I felt Lebo did a nice job against P-R and the Lebo got beat by 5A gateway tonight.

Will be interesting to see what happens at P-R. I smell a QB change coming.

Watched the PR game on YouTube. Pickerington North is loaded with athletes, speed, size, etc. They repeatedly beat PR with their passing attack, threading the needle time after time. PR solid against the run. PR has no pass attack at all and has to rely on RB Ryan Palmieri for their offense. Palmieri is a gamebreaker with excellent speed and moves. He is an exciting player to watch! PR just doesn't have any other offensive threats that I could see. Rams will not have to face anybody again like Pickerington- who is better than any WPIAL team in any class.

Watched the PR game on YouTube. Pickerington North is loaded with athletes, speed, size, etc. They repeatedly beat PR with their passing attack, threading the needle time after time. PR solid against the run. PR has no pass attack at all and has to rely on RB Ryan Palmieri for their offense. Palmieri is a gamebreaker with excellent speed and moves. He is an exciting player to watch! PR just doesn't have any other offensive threats that I could see. Rams will not have to face anybody again like Pickerington- who is better than any WPIAL team in any class.

This is pretty much dead on. I would say that P-R isn't gonna have a cakewalk with PCC, NA, SV, or PH. I think they could possibly beat PH and NA, but there is a lot of pent-up desire to beat P-R by those schools, so I don't think its a given.

Reactions: NNFAN
New, do you think Huffman gets the start against Kiski with a short leash, or does LeDonne go with Spencer and pull the plug on Huffman after one game? I'd like to hear your thoughts on it.

Bummer: I do not. Not that Spencer was great, but IMO Huffman was not very good. Not above the bar as Tomlin would say. I don't think they lose anything with Spencer and I think he's a lot nimbler than Huffman. He's not Cole Spencer by any stretch as a sophomore (IIRC), but he does give an added run dimension at the QB position they don't have now, and they would lose nothing in the pass game based on what I've seen. But they would have to retool the offense to add those sorts of plays. I didn't even see any zone read type stuff.

For those interested, the game can be found here. Spencer is #8 I believe and comes in in the 2nd Quarter.

Reactions: bummer01
Bummer: I do not. Not that Spencer was great, but IMO Huffman was not very good. Not above the bar as Tomlin would say. I don't think they lose anything with Spencer and I think he's a lot nimbler than Huffman. He's not Cole Spencer by any stretch as a sophomore (IIRC), but he does give an added run dimension at the QB position they don't have now, and they would lose nothing in the pass game based on what I've seen. But they would have to retool the offense to add those sorts of plays. I didn't even see any zone read type stuff.

For those interested, the game can be found here. Spencer is #8 I believe and comes in in the 2nd Quarter.

I'm reluctant to post, just cuz this topic is becoming kinda sad and "old news" but based upon practices Huffman is still QB1....with the coaches from two years ago, with the current team, Huffman would be SECOND STRING JV, not kidding...I'm not even confident PR will beat Kiski this week, and this Kiski team looks worse than the team in 2020 that PR beat 58-14

Yikes. That's too bad. I guess they are going to double down and just run the ball.

Alright, everybody! P-R at Kiski tonight! Any predictions? Breakout players?

I'm thinking it'll be an offensive struggle with not much passing. Palmieri should have a good game, and Kiski is a down team after last year.

I'm thinking it'll be 21-14 with P-R pulling it out late in the game. The lines will have to step it up, but they're not playing Pickerington North anymore at least.

Here's hoping for the best tonight! Also, is there a stream that is available for tonight's game?

Alright, everybody! P-R at Kiski tonight! Any predictions? Breakout players?

I'm thinking it'll be an offensive struggle with not much passing. Palmieri should have a good game, and Kiski is a down team after last year.

I'm thinking it'll be 21-14 with P-R pulling it out late in the game. The lines will have to step it up, but they're not playing Pickerington North anymore at least.

Here's hoping for the best tonight! Also, is there a stream that is available for tonight's game?
Stream- yes, looks like- https://tribhssn.triblive.com/todays-broadcast/

Not looking good as far as the game- lots of changes, different starters for PR- gonna be rough, I think Kiski has a few talented kids-I don't really want to make a prediction, gonna be a very excited home crowd for Kiski, hungry to beat PR- Palmieri will need to have a monster game for PR

Reactions: bummer01
Richland-pine is a far superior squad. just saying.
glass half full... good game last night for PR, kinda looked the "the good PR"

glass half empty... not a "good measure" whether PR is any good, as that Kiski team may have been the worst opponent PR has played in the last 5-6 years

A bit better for P-R. Biggest thing I saw was Spencer started gsme and Huffman came in in second half and looked capable. Much better than Week 0. Of course, Kiski isn’t great. For some reason, I did not see Cory. Anyone know if he is out?

A bit better for P-R. Biggest thing I saw was Spencer started gsme and Huffman came in in second half and looked capable. Much better than Week 0. Of course, Kiski isn’t great. For some reason, I did not see Cory. Anyone know if he is out?
New... Very generous of you saying "Kiski isn't great." I have heard from friends, when watching the TV streaming broadcast, by Kiski's "own guys" saying the team was terrible, and the coaching was terrible. Can't explain it, not sure what the Kiski problems are- maybe that the last two years they "won some games due to talent." But Kiski, this year, could very possibly finish winless.

Regarding the PR team, yea better, but still flaws. Cory was out/injured, the last two weeks, not sure if he is coming back this week. PR offense, yikes- is not great at passing, and also not great at running the ball.

Optimistically, I still reference this as a "rebuild year" but I just can't imagine why Huffman is getting any real time w #1 offense, he is not very good- IMO that is maybe the #1 reason the offense stinks- he has been QB1 since like April.

And, ugh, making the playoffs is not gonna be easy, especially if they lose this week to Penn Hills- excitement and interest for football at PR is gonna decrease, might lose some more kids to other sports. Over the last 3 years the varsity roster has been 78, then 68 and now 66. Still "enough kids" but it is decreasing.

This is getting bad early. Ledonne must have no trust In his QB. Just running up the middle for no gain every drive.

Interesting game
PH dominated the first half scoring a couple long TD’s and possessing the ball most. The biggest surprise was how much PH controlled the LOS. There was running lanes all night and the qb was able to escape a lot. Defensively they blew up the line more than a few times. This was probably the most disappointing part of the game for me.
Up 21-0 with a minute or so left in the half and they roll their QB out who tweaks his ankle. PR returns second half kickoff for TD, gets an INT with good field position to score, and a long drive mainly on the ground abd their able to tie at 21. Next play PH back takes it 60 some for a TD, they get anouther stop, and score again on the ground. Pr puts together anouther nice drive mainly with Palmeri and scores again. They get a stop and after a great return are in excellent position. They get a false start, try running it twice for minimal gain, then two incomplete passes to end it.

One of biggest things I can take away from PR is some of the personal choice. Carrigan showed much potential last year playing behind klemm at DE and it seems now they only utilize him on certain plays for offense at TE. The two kids now they have playing the end spots are converted LB’s and very undersized for what it seems like they are trying to do. Both the PH tackles were having their way and opened up a lot of room to the edge where the RB feasted.

Offensively the play calling is arguable terrible. It’s run run pass punt. Teams have clearly just t’d off on the run game. It’s pretty obvious how new the offense is to the kids. A lot of the runs that go for no gain are simply because they don’t get the exchange right and the back runs into the linemen. Unsurprising to no one here, they’ve been most efficient, even running it, when it’s spread out. If you ask me, this new offense is just trying to fit square pegs into round holes. These kids all grew up playing in some variation of a spread offense. At the very least campos tried to make it work with what they already knew. I don’t think Huffman is that fantastic, but he’s shown enough to be a decent game manager and they are surely shooting themselves in the foot being that one dimensional.

It’ll be interesting to watch going forward. I don’t believe PR is terrible but they really need to limit the dumb penalties and find something on offense that’s more consistent and involves their other players some more (mellis, gelly, and Andrew’s aren’t scrubs that’s for sure). Very surprised by how PH was able to run the ball and control LOS once again, that’s the one thing I did not expect from them at all this season. That’s pretty big for them especially since their QB was practically on one leg by the end of the game. That’s big news if he ends up missing time.

Reactions: new2pa and bummer01
Interesting game
PH dominated the first half scoring a couple long TD’s and possessing the ball most. The biggest surprise was how much PH controlled the LOS. There was running lanes all night and the qb was able to escape a lot. Defensively they blew up the line more than a few times. This was probably the most disappointing part of the game for me.
Up 21-0 with a minute or so left in the half and they roll their QB out who tweaks his ankle. PR returns second half kickoff for TD, gets an INT with good field position to score, and a long drive mainly on the ground abd their able to tie at 21. Next play PH back takes it 60 some for a TD, they get anouther stop, and score again on the ground. Pr puts together anouther nice drive mainly with Palmeri and scores again. They get a stop and after a great return are in excellent position. They get a false start, try running it twice for minimal gain, then two incomplete passes to end it.

One of biggest things I can take away from PR is some of the personal choice. Carrigan showed much potential last year playing behind klemm at DE and it seems now they only utilize him on certain plays for offense at TE. The two kids now they have playing the end spots are converted LB’s and very undersized for what it seems like they are trying to do. Both the PH tackles were having their way and opened up a lot of room to the edge where the RB feasted.

Offensively the play calling is arguable terrible. It’s run run pass punt. Teams have clearly just t’d off on the run game. It’s pretty obvious how new the offense is to the kids. A lot of the runs that go for no gain are simply because they don’t get the exchange right and the back runs into the linemen. Unsurprising to no one here, they’ve been most efficient, even running it, when it’s spread out. If you ask me, this new offense is just trying to fit square pegs into round holes. These kids all grew up playing in some variation of a spread offense. At the very least campos tried to make it work with what they already knew. I don’t think Huffman is that fantastic, but he’s shown enough to be a decent game manager and they are surely shooting themselves in the foot being that one dimensional.

It’ll be interesting to watch going forward. I don’t believe PR is terrible but they really need to limit the dumb penalties and find something on offense that’s more consistent and involves their other players some more (mellis, gelly, and Andrew’s aren’t scrubs that’s for sure). Very surprised by how PH was able to run the ball and control LOS once again, that’s the one thing I did not expect from them at all this season. That’s pretty big for them especially since their QB was practically on one leg by the end of the game. That’s big news if he ends up missing time.
lots of problems...
PR may only win 1 or 2 more games, the rest of the year...............

• Wow
P-R has SV, NA and PCC left - SV is a toss up and NA and PCC should be losses. If they lose to SV, 5-5 is the best they can be. I don't see FC, Shaler, NH, or Woody beating them. That would be good enough for 2nd place in conference and probably an 6-8 seed in the playoffs.

Need to make run game best in 5A and improve pass game to average to make a run, otherwise they are looking at going from a state championship to average in 2 years. Sad.

P-R has SV, NA and PCC left - SV is a toss up and NA and PCC should be losses. If they lose to SV, 5-5 is the best they can be. I don't see FC, Shaler, NH, or Woody beating them. That would be good enough for 2nd place in conference and probably an 6-8 seed in the playoffs.

Need to make run game best in 5A and improve pass game to average to make a run, otherwise they are looking at going from a state championship to average in 2 years. Sad.
Phew... again, sorry to be negative, but IMO the only "likely win" is FC. Shaler scored 47 last week, PR has only scored 60 in THREE GAMES. NH played a close game w Gateway. And, for all games remaining, except PCC and SV, to beat PR is like their "super bowl." The only "stud" for PR is Palmieri, they are RUNNING HIM INTO THE GROUND, playing RB, QB, kick returner and safety on defense- if he gets hurt- yipes. And again, I'm sorry, two years ago, Huffman would have been second strong on the JV team. Boggles my mind- if Spencer had started last week, they would have def beat PH.

If somehow PR pulls it together and beats a "so-so" SV team, they may get some confidence. BUT if they cannot beat them, and lose to Woody- they do not even make the playoffs. There is a lot of weird things happening in the "program." The leaders of PR wanted "less emphasis on winning" and it is MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT