ADVERTISEMENT

PIne-Richland 2022

P-R will be running a new offense with the QB playing under center. If you watch film of Penn Hills from last year, I'm sure it will be like that instead of the spread offense that we saw undee Kasperowicz and Campos.

The leading receiver from last year, Alex Gochis, graduated and Ryan Palmieri, the leading rusher, will be playing RB full-time now. Also, Ethan Pillar will be splitting carries.

Other receivers include Andrew Mellis and Brad Gelly, who were both solid last season. However, the success of the offense will depend on the line and the ability of the players to learn the new system.
greenmissle- the line for PR will be good, not sure great, most likely SV will be the best "line" faced by Lebo, PCC might be better than PR. Skill- some potential, maybe good not great. Info from Bummer is accurate- with the addition of Hasley and Eastburn gone- as receivers and runners, arguably the two best skill guys, other than Palmieri. As i said in my previous posts, this is gonna be a "rebuild year" for PR- lot of new stuff, new coaches, new technique being learned. All of 2021, the PR "trainwreck" program did not have an offensive line coach- that really hurt the development of the "younger o-line" kids. IMO the biggest concern after QB is defense- not sure it will be any better, maybe worse than last year- lots of new kids in new spots- might have to win some games 21-20.
Great, thanks for the information. Excited to see what happens this Saturday.

Haven’t seen much on the scrimmage- did anyone go?
yes, i posted on the other message posts- PR looked very shaky, QB not good, defense seemed to miss assignments, whole offense scheme looks very generic- very concerned about getting crushed this week, gotta fix a lot of stuff to have a winning record and/or make the playoffs, esp w tough schedule- as ive said many times its a rebuild year, but i sure hope this is not a rebuild w a losing season- more kids and families may leave the program if this year goes bad

How did the OL and secondary do? They have to be good for this team to have a chance.

How did the OL and secondary do? They have to be good for this team to have a chance.
phew, not so great- secondary very shaky- seemed to blow coverages- after lebo scored a quick second touchdown, they seemed to stop throwing as much- line- i guess was okay- seemed successful in blocking zone schemes, had some running game- very concerned for this week's opponent- north pick seems to be a very good ohio team, good aggressive defense

phew, not so great- secondary very shaky- seemed to blow coverages- after lebo scored a quick second touchdown, they seemed to stop throwing as much- line- i guess was okay- seemed successful in blocking zone schemes, had some running game- very concerned for this week's opponent- north pick seems to be a very good ohio team, good aggressive defense
after lurking on this forum I’ve decided to make an account

finally, pine reaps what they sow

they have dodged NA the past three years just because they’re old coach got fired

im glad they will get stomped by an Ohio power, it’s what they get for taking their “success” for granted.

they have dodged NA the past three years just because they’re old coach got fired

im glad they will get stomped by an Ohio power, it’s what they get for taking their “success” for granted.
Real cute talk coming from the program that has only celebrated winning their conference the past ten years at best, with half of those years coming in 6A which continues to water down each year in the wpial, also countless and countless athletic transfers and 3 middle school feeder teams as well as being the largest district in the wpial. Yeah, NA was the ones they were worried about. Also a little history, NA’s AD is the one on record in 2020 saying they didn’t want to play 5A schools because it didn’t offer sufficient competition or some BS. It was a real slick way of avoiding virtually the same squad that mercy ruled NA out of the playoffs the previous year. It’s pretty well known PR wanted to play them the next cycle, ask anyone on here lmao

PR has played teams like Wayne, saint eds, Harrisburg, freaking IMG week 0. Who does NA play? Second year in a row with alderdice. I think that speaks volumes. Go troll somewhere else.

Reactions: new2pa

mmm, yea maybe this is just a new account for some of the real negative "other accounts" like a reincarnation of "details" or "wpialcoach??"

i dont wish anyone to get "stomped."

pretty sure PR did not dodge NA, pretty sure wpial schedules games- but that statement really makes no sense, pretty much the whole message makes no sense

im pretty sure 95% of PR kids and families worked hard for their success and were very proud of it- inaccurate to say anyone "took it for granted"

we may get beat, but credit to PR leadership picking a tough opponent in week zero

Hmmm refresh my memory but didn't NA get crushed to an Ohio team in pickerton central 35-0 last year?

Real cute talk coming from the program that has only celebrated winning their conference the past ten years at best, with half of those years coming in 6A which continues to water down each year in the wpial, also countless and countless athletic transfers and 3 middle school feeder teams as well as being the largest district in the wpial. Yeah, NA was the ones they were worried about. Also a little history, NA’s AD is the one on record in 2020 saying they didn’t want to play 5A schools because it didn’t offer sufficient competition or some BS. It was a real slick way of avoiding virtually the same squad that mercy ruled NA out of the playoffs the previous year. It’s pretty well known PR wanted to play them the next cycle, ask anyone on here lmao

PR has played teams like Wayne, saint eds, Harrisburg, freaking IMG week 0. Who does NA play? Second year in a row with alderdice. I think that speaks volumes. Go troll somewhere else.

mmm, yea maybe this is just a new account for some of the real negative "other accounts" like a reincarnation of "details" or "wpialcoach??"

i dont wish anyone to get "stomped."

pretty sure PR did not dodge NA, pretty sure wpial schedules games- but that statement really makes no sense, pretty much the whole message makes no sense

im pretty sure 95% of PR kids and families worked hard for their success and were very proud of it- inaccurate to say anyone "took it for granted"

we may get beat, but credit to PR leadership picking a tough opponent in week zero
The only reason PR has been good was because of coach Kasperowicz. They have never been good outside of that.

if PR was overwhelmed by an average lebo team in a scrimmage, that does not bode well. They’ll lose to pickerington north by 40. 3-7 is my prediction for them this year. NA is on the rise, and PR is free falling. Life is finally back to normal.

The only reason PR has been good was because of coach Kasperowicz. They have never been good outside of that.

if PR was overwhelmed by an average lebo team in a scrimmage, that does not bode well. They’ll lose to pickerington north by 40. 3-7 is my prediction for them this year. NA is on the rise, and PR is free falling. Life is finally back to normal.
Real insightful take genius. If PN is gonna beat PR that bad, I only imagine what they’d do to NA. Probably something similar to what their sister school did last year. I doubt PN would even schedule a program like NA.

Real insightful take genius. If PN is gonna beat PR that bad, I only imagine what they’d do to NA. Probably something similar to what their sister school did last year. I doubt PN would even schedule a program like NA.
HAHA… are you insinuating that PR has a better football team than NA this year??? This isn’t 2017 anymore. NA would out physical PR.

HAHA… are you insinuating that PR has a better football team than NA this year??? This isn’t 2017 anymore. NA would out physical PR.
Lol we’ll see who has the better team this year, hopefully your coach doesn’t try to plead an agreement to not play starters with a running clock before the game.

What I am insinuating is that PR is a better program and much more esteemed at this point in time. PR has had more more success in 3A and 4/6A the past two decades compared to NA. NA is an afterthought in the state wide discussion and national scene as well. Even if PR never reaches the same heights, it’s not like NA has faired any better. And it certainly doesn’t look like that will change this season.

jeez!! too many "what-ifs." just not sure this year. The biggest problem w PR now, is 3 different coaching staffs in 3 years

But- gotta say- not 2017 anymore?? again not accurate, PR beat NA in 2019, would have most likely "stomped" NA in 2020

jeez!! too many "what-ifs." just not sure this year. The biggest problem w PR now, is 3 different coaching staffs in 3 years

But- gotta say- not 2017 anymore?? again not accurate, PR beat NA in 2019, would have most likely "stomped" NA in 2020
PR stomped NA twice in 2019

as for NA, maybe more Pitt and Steeler coaches need to move into the district so their kids can carry them to a title again

Lol we’ll see who has the better team this year, hopefully your coach doesn’t try to plead an agreement to not play starters with a running clock before the game.

What I am insinuating is that PR is a better program and much more esteemed at this point in time. PR has had more more success in 3A and 4/6A the past two decades compared to NA. NA is an afterthought in the state wide discussion and national scene as well. Even if PR never reaches the same heights, it’s not like NA has faired any better. And it certainly doesn’t look like that will change this season.
I disagree, both have the same amount of state titles, but NA had harder competition. I’d say NA is a bigger draw

I guess we will never know about 2020 when they dodged NA….

I guess we will never know about 2020 when they dodged NA….
That is false once again. This happened before Covid made modifications to the season but NA AD who is also on wpial board of directors said that NA wouldn’t play 5A schools because it’s not the same level of competition. They specifically had open slots in their two non-conference games instead of the other 6A schools who all played cross conference games against 5A teams. It was almost a guarantee that NA would play PR in cross conference play with the schools bordering each other and the rivalry. The old pr staff desperately tried to schedule them for the week 0 game but NA declined at every turn and instead scheduled alderdice. This is also why NA played PC and mentor last year. This is what actually happened, and there are multiple people that can corroborate it. It was thoroughly discussed in the thread on a here as well at the time, since you had mentioned you were lurking here for a few years.

Lol love the confidence. I’d put NA realistically as my 4th team behind PCC, SV, and Lebo. And better hope cmac doesn’t sneak up on you with what they return
Hahaha!!! canon Mac

1. NA- stacked

huge gap

2. central catholic- they will be alright

3. Lebo- flash in the pan last year

4. Seneca- overrated

huge gap

5. cmac

Let’s come back to reality.

From everything I’ve heard, NA looked average against a very mediocre 5A PH team in their scrimmage. PH had multiple big passes and NA’s offense was the same old stuff that won’t get them anywhere. I’ve got $1 they aren’t sniffing the state championship game unless it’s from the stands.

As for PR vs NA in the Coach K era.
2013: Lost on the last play
2014: Win on the last play
2015: Win
2016: Mercy rule loss
2017: Two wins
2018: Loss
2019: 2 Mercy rule wins
2020: I can’t find it but PR tweeted at NA and Buzzotto and the Tigers wanted no part of a week 0 game.

Overall: 6-3

NA has been to 1 WPIAL championship game in 10 years and lost to PCC in that game even after their freshman QB got hurt and they had to play his backup.

I’ve said this hear before, but until NA O and D get out of the 90’s, they aren’t going to be statewide relevant again unless they have a Monster group. NA has had multiple teams with more “talent” than last years state championship Lebo team, but what they do is so dated. Teams with great coaching and good to great talent regularly beat them

Reactions: JACKY6996
Back to PR. I heard more or less same thing. Pass game is awful. Run game is ok. Lebo took it to them and scored 4 times. Lebo our-physicaled them. PR had a score. Coach LeDonne didn’t bring his O or D. It’s a hodgepodge. Basically, a more organized mess than last year is what I heard. And if Palmieri is out for any amount of time, look out. It would get bad against good teams.

That came out wrong. Palmeiri is not hurt. He just can't get hurt.

Back to PR. I heard more or less same thing. Pass game is awful. Run game is ok. Lebo took it to them and scored 4 times. Lebo our-physicaled them. PR had a score. Coach LeDonne didn’t bring his O or D. It’s a hodgepodge. Basically, a more organized mess than last year is what I heard. And if Palmieri is out for any amount of time, look out. It would get bad against good teams.
I wouldn't get overly concerned about a scrimmage this early. Nobody is gonna show much and the coaches are shuffling players in and out of the lineup. They may not even of had all their starters in at once. Also... new coach and system. Gonna take some time.

I disagree, both have the same amount of state titles, but NA had harder competition. I’d say NA is a bigger draw
I don't know about that, the two St. Joes teams PR played I would put ahead of 2012 Coatesville and 2010 Lasalle

that Cathedral Prep team in 2020 was easily their weakest team of all their state finalists and PR handled them easily, but no way NA in 2020 beats that PR team

you guys should play North Hills again, that was always your biggest rival but apparently they don't want to play NA anymore

I don't know about that, the two St. Joes teams PR played I would put ahead of 2012 Coatesville and 2010 Lasalle

that Cathedral Prep team in 2020 was easily their weakest team of all their state finalists and PR handled them easily, but no way NA in 2020 beats that PR team

you guys should play North Hills again, that was always your biggest rival but apparently they don't want to play NA anymore
No chance, 4 classifications resulted in better competition, aka better teams.

2010 and 2012 NA > 2017 and 2020 PR, 2021 Lebo, 2016 PCC, etc.

honestly I’d say 2012 NA is the greatest WPIAL team in history, and arguably best PIAA team.

Last edited:
No chance, 4 classifications resulted in better competition, aka better teams.

2010 and 2012 NA > 2017 and 2020 PR, 2021 Lebo, 2016 PCC, etc.

honestly I’d say 2012 NA is the greatest WPIAL team in history, and arguably best PIAA team.
Are you still on here trying to troll?

Reactions: NNFAN
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT