ADVERTISEMENT

PIne-Richland 2022

I was under the impression Gibsonia area was fast growing. No? Was wondering when they'll reach 6A. 530 count now, just 28 from 6A.

hell of a staff ledonne is putting together. You’ve got experienced guys who have played at every level of football all over, as well as plenty of guys with ties to the former staff.

Honestly if you look back at last year and every game PR lost, they were all close. The issue wasn’t the talent on the field. It was the execution, the play calling, the fundamentals, and conditioning. with a full experienced staff at hand, an actual off-season, the resources for the PR athletic department has, and add on what they return with some kids being recruited now, I’d wager they’re looking pretty good for this upcoming season. The results will surely speak themselves though.

Jacky - who from the former staff is at PR? I thought I had tracked them all down at either Mars or SV? May have missed a few I guess.

With all the coaches to be on the staff, the players should be getting "coached up" the whole practice, even the scouters and JV players should be getting quality input. There shouldn't be a whole lot of standing around without guidance.

Hopefully the coaching numbers translates to on-field learning.

It looks like Coach LeDonne's idea has been to get a legit HS coach at every position and then find another (volunteer I guess) coach to help out at each position that can bring some special skill set. (Like McMahon and Williams)

I was under the impression Gibsonia area was fast growing. No? Was wondering when they'll reach 6A. 530 count now, just 28 from 6A.

It is. Lots of new houses. Somehow though, the last two cycles they have been 50-60 boys smaller than the 2016-2017 and 2018-2019 cycles.

Reactions: Stalker
It is. Lots of new houses. Somehow though, the last two cycles they have been 50-60 boys smaller than the 2016-2017 and 2018-2019 cycles.
Regarding the "old staff connections" no direct coaches, but some kids who were in the "program" including Crawford, and now recent add- Camino, both played in 2017 champ year

Regarding the community growing- nope- new houses is an illusion- healthy community, but no "big" new population gains- some people are out of area, some are just "local transplants." The area grew lots from like 1990 to 2010, but the big gains have leveled off in the last 10 years. Some of the "new communities" are patios homes, and local relocations. Most of western PA is getting smaller, PR is staying steady for now.

Staff- yea looks good, will be much better than last year, not sure it will be as good as last staff- and still shaky on some skills guys- will be tough to stand out in 5A, will know better by mid June, after some more practices and 7/7s

I’m thinking P-R will go 7-3 with losses to Pick North who returns a ton, PCC and SV who could be 6A favorite. They also have NA on the schedule but think they can beat them. Woody is toughest 5A competition they play. They win conference and end up 2 or 3 seed.

Reactions: JACKY6996
It looks like with the staff in place there may be opportunity to get the between sports kids back into the program: Lacrosse and Baseball. These kids give you the relief at the skill position that might be needed. There is has been mostly positive reaction to the new staff with the exception being the Kasper hopefuls. Workouts seem to be well attended and enthusiastic (good indicators).

Reactions: JACKY6996
It looks like with the staff in place there may be opportunity to get the between sports kids back into the program: Lacrosse and Baseball. These kids give you the relief at the skill position that might be needed. There is has been mostly positive reaction to the new staff with the exception being the Kasper hopefuls. Workouts seem to be well attended and enthusiastic (good indicators).
Sorry folks to be a downer- but this is a rebuild year, new coaches, new system, new philosophies. Unlikely they will get new kids- they have lost some kids to these sports, and they will continue to lose them. Roster, as always will be a big indicator- if varsity is over, maybe 70, then, i eat my words. Not about to name names, but last year they lost 3-4 good athletes, this year, a few already.

imo, this year will be a repeat of last year, maybe a few more decisive wins, less frustration, but similar outcome.

New, agree, on Pic, unlikely to beat PCC, SV, not sure they can beat NA. I say 6-4, reg season, maybe 4 seed at best for playoffs.

PR kids and families are not clueless- this staff needs to earn its credibility, before they get excited- staff looks good on paper, but some of these dudes are still inexperienced w coaching a successful HS program- my count looks like 4-5 have never even coached HS football.

Again, I might be wrong, I hope im wrong, but if i am and PR has a great year- maybe plays for a WPIAL 5A, then maybe next year, some additional athletes "come back." Ledonne is great in many ways- but he still has to get used to coaching at PR- it's not easy.

Reactions: new2pa
2020: “imo, this year will be a repeat of last year, maybe a few more decisive wins, less frustration, but similar outcome.”

That sums things up well. The improved coaching should make games like FC and Shaler a cake walk.

Saw a lot of people over the weekend and have the most update listing of where all the P-R coaches ended up. Looks like everyone that wanted to coach is at Mars or SV.

Mars
Coach K
Jochem
Miller
Malinoski
Baranowski
DeVinney (was at P-R last year)
Dave
Coach K's Dad

Seneca Valley
Sasson
Lehmeier
Hale
Neff
Mazur

Urbik: Pitt as assistant
Wizkoski: Baby
Snyder: Recovering from illness

May not have many updates from here on out - coaches I knew are gone and most kids (parents) that I knew graduated. I'll pass along anything I hear though. Hoping Mars or SV can make a run soon though.

Kasperowicz has a lot of work to do at Mars, last year they had by far the lowest talent level in several decades. They had nothing in the skill positions. Nothing.

Oddly quiet about the actual PR team on here now that staffs are settled and the old staff has moved on, maybe we can get some actual updates about the 2022 Team. Wish the old coaches well, time to close the chapter and move on like the coaches did.

Kasperowicz has a lot of work to do at Mars, last year they had by far the lowest talent level in several decades. They had nothing in the skill positions. Nothing.
Aerogenes: I heard some stuff that I’ll share in a new thread.

Oddly quiet about the actual PR team on here now that staffs are settled and the old staff has moved on, maybe we can get some actual updates about the 2022 Team. Wish the old coaches well, time to close the chapter and move on like the coaches did.

I’m hoping others can pick up the ball for P-R. As I said above my contacts on the staff and the parents and kids are all gone. I’ll know more about mars and Seneca Valley from the coaches that are there but that’s about it.

I'd like to hear updates on Mars and Seneca Valley in a separate thread. It would be nice to have insight on those two programs considering that they might be competing for WPIAL and state titles in a few years if both staffs stay intact.

Not much excitement on this team, at least not yet. Quite a few kids have either left, injured, still recovering from injury. Many kids are gonna be "new starters." The staff is almost all brand new, yet unproven. I realize that "we should move on" but the community has not really recovered from the program being ripped apart, IMO. The district wanted to "decrease the emphasis" on winning. Mission accomplished. Zero male sports even competed for any kind of championship this whole friggin year. Lacrosse, basketball, football, baseball, hockey, zip zero. Those teams were perennial powers from like 2015 to 2020- this year, they barely got "above .500."

What’s going on with P-R? Is Palmeiri back at QB? How are they doing in 7v7? OL should be terrific!

What’s going on with P-R? Is Palmeiri back at QB? How are they doing in 7v7? OL should be terrific!
Too early to tell. No 7v7 yet. QB not yet set. Will know more soon, I think maybe 5 camps in the next 30 days w 7v7 tourneys, this week, program has an off-week. There are definitely some good "pieces" of talent, but the puzzle is not yet put together. Several kids injured, still recovering, not 100%, and spring sport kids not fully involved till now- and the staff- keeps growing, like 20 new coaches in the last 2 months

2020: literally ever position will have a coach.

please keep us posted.

I saw online that P-R was at the Penn State 7v7. Anybody know how they did?

Heard yesterday P-R did well in the Pitt 7v7 but didn’t advance to finals. No details.

Heard yesterday P-R did well in the Pitt 7v7 but didn’t advance to finals. No details.
Rebuild year. Not much talk, meaning not going very well, IMO. From bits and pieces I have heard is, in the 7/7s they are "about .500." I have also heard a few things, that PR admin is making things difficult for new Head Coach, not surprising. Also weird, but good, rosters are good and bad- might be lower at grades 10-12, but might be higher at younger grades- like 5 to 8. Who knows, might be really good/strong program in a couple years, not sure about this year

Rebuild year. Not much talk, meaning not going very well, IMO. From bits and pieces I have heard is, in the 7/7s they are "about .500." I have also heard a few things, that PR admin is making things difficult for new Head Coach, not surprising. Also weird, but good, rosters are good and bad- might be lower at grades 10-12, but might be higher at younger grades- like 5 to 8. Who knows, might be really good/strong program in a couple years, not sure about this year

"P-R admin is making it difficult" HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Thinking optimistically, 7v7 might not be the best for P-R on the offensive side. Unproven QB and not a ton of skill returning - maybe one outside guy and one slot? But, with one OL with multiple P5 offers (Cory), another with MAC offers (Beam) and a third who started as a sophomore on a state championship team, I would think they should be able to run the ball at least a little (I assume Palmeiri is back at RB.)

Reactions: PRFB_Fan
A few interesting nuggets of information that I picked up just recently:

It seems that as of now, the starting QB is most likely going to be Kanan Huffman, a rising junior. Palmieri will be the main back with Pillar splitting carries. They'll be very run-heavy this year.

They're going to be playing under center for probably the first time since Clair Altemus coached here.

Kerns, the center who got hurt last year, has not practiced yet. The OL will most likely be Beam and Cory at Tackle, Graham at Center for now, and the Guards are yet to be determined.

Also, one of the players is currently in a juvenile detention center for an arson incident that occurred at the high school. I would assume that he has been kicked off of the team.

As for 7-on-7, I know that one of the teams that they lost to was Sto-Rox. Other than the info posted by others above, I do not know anything else about it.

The defense will have to be solid this year in order to win some of these toss-up games on the schedule.

Still retired as far as I know. He's gotta be in his 70's by now.

Anybody go to the P-R 7 on 7 this past weekend? I saw Coach LeDonne tweeted about having 16 teams. Good turnout.

Anybody go to the P-R 7 on 7 this past weekend? I saw Coach LeDonne tweeted about having 16 teams. Good turnout.
Heard they went 4 and 1, with only loss last second score to Peters. There was not a "final bracket" only pool play, so no official first place. Supposedly they "won" another tourney 2 weeks ago. So things looks decent, promising, lots of good comments about LeDonne, he is dedicated and working very hard, kids are committed and working hard.

Personally I am still concerned about the assistants on the coaching staff, lots of new guys- sadly i just heard also that one of the "new coaches" already resigned. Hard to say, not sure of details, but could be another example of it being "tough to coach at pr."

Did you hear anything about what offense they are running? I see pictures online where the QB is under center - in 7v7.

According to MaxPreps, it seems as if the game vs. Seneca Valley isn't there. I'm wondering if that is a mistake of some sort or whatever.

New, are there any updates on P-R, Mars, or SV that could be interesting to see in the next few weeks? This thread has been quite dead lately.

P-R definitely playing Seneca Valley. They have a very hard schedule, opening with Pickerington North and it includes, PCC, NA, SV, and PH.

A couple SV kids committed to Navy (saw a tweet today). This is there big opportunity. They are loaded with seniors and PCC has a bunch of Juniors. If they can't beat PCC this year, they are going to have to restart. Not sure what NA has that is exciting and can make them a contender again - expect them to be 7-3 / 8-2. NA is so weird - they have no skill on offense to speak of, and haven't in years.

I have heard absolutely nothing about P-R. I have been away on vacation for a little, but I am getting some updates on Mars that I will post shortly.

P-R definitely playing Seneca Valley. They have a very hard schedule, opening with Pickerington North and it includes, PCC, NA, SV, and PH.

A couple SV kids committed to Navy (saw a tweet today). This is there big opportunity. They are loaded with seniors and PCC has a bunch of Juniors. If they can't beat PCC this year, they are going to have to restart. Not sure what NA has that is exciting and can make them a contender again - expect them to be 7-3 / 8-2. NA is so weird - they have no skill on offense to speak of, and haven't in years.

I have heard absolutely nothing about P-R. I have been away on vacation for a little, but I am getting some updates on Mars that I will post shortly.
Bummer- yea, lots of PR people kinda "holding their breath." some kids are saying they might be "good" but not sure if that means 7-4 or 10-1 "good." And, still lots of new coaches, parents and kids still not sure. And the QB is not 100% set.

Schedule question- as has been chattered about before, Maxpreps often has inconsistent info- yes SV still playing PR, and yep, gonna be a very tough schedule. IMO, big factor for PR is the Penn Hills game early- might be toughest opponent "in-conference" as a win could pave way for playoffs. IMO, health and depth is gonna be a big factor- PR may get banged up in the first 4-5 games- stay healthy, could do well in playoffs. Also, defense needs to be better than last year.

New- if i had to bet, id guess SV will do very well this year

Who are in the running for QB? Palmieri and Huffman?

Seems like a repeat of last year perhaps for P-R. Rough early then a little stronger finish.

Yes, I think SV could be good.

Here's the Northeast Conference preview for this season from WPIAL Blitz. P-R is predicted to finish 2nd behind Penn Hills. The QB battle is between four underclassmen, so I was mistaken when I said that Huffman would be the starter. It's quite a good read. Take a look: https://steelcityblitz.com/2022-wpial-preview-5a-northeast-conference/

In addition TRIB HSSN has been going through the conferences leading up to the season, here's that: https://tribhssn.triblive.com/new-pine-richland-coach-wants-to-play-western-pa-football/

There probably won't be many updates until their scrimmage against Mt. Lebo on the 20th. Here's hoping to a good season for the Rams!

I have been hearing from my grandson on Mt. Lebanon that Pine Richland will have the best line they face this season. How are the “skill” players looking on PR?

P-R will be running a new offense with the QB playing under center. If you watch film of Penn Hills from last year, I'm sure it will be like that instead of the spread offense that we saw undee Kasperowicz and Campos.

The leading receiver from last year, Alex Gochis, graduated and Ryan Palmieri, the leading rusher, will be playing RB full-time now. Also, Ethan Pillar will be splitting carries.

Other receivers include Andrew Mellis and Brad Gelly, who were both solid last season. However, the success of the offense will depend on the line and the ability of the players to learn the new system.

P-R will be running a new offense with the QB playing under center. If you watch film of Penn Hills from last year, I'm sure it will be like that instead of the spread offense that we saw undee Kasperowicz and Campos.

The leading receiver from last year, Alex Gochis, graduated and Ryan Palmieri, the leading rusher, will be playing RB full-time now. Also, Ethan Pillar will be splitting carries.

Other receivers include Andrew Mellis and Brad Gelly, who were both solid last season. However, the success of the offense will depend on the line and the ability of the players to learn the new system.
greenmissle- the line for PR will be good, not sure great, most likely SV will be the best "line" faced by Lebo, PCC might be better than PR. Skill- some potential, maybe good not great. Info from Bummer is accurate- with the addition of Hasley and Eastburn gone- as receivers and runners, arguably the two best skill guys, other than Palmieri. As i said in my previous posts, this is gonna be a "rebuild year" for PR- lot of new stuff, new coaches, new technique being learned. All of 2021, the PR "trainwreck" program did not have an offensive line coach- that really hurt the development of the "younger o-line" kids. IMO the biggest concern after QB is defense- not sure it will be any better, maybe worse than last year- lots of new kids in new spots- might have to win some games 21-20.

2020 - when you say rebuild, does that mean there are better players coming up that are younger right now?

2020 - when you say rebuild, does that mean there are better players coming up that are younger right now?
new-
Hard to say- talent in the next 3 years should be similar, no worse, no better, assuming no more kids "leave" the program.

My main point for "rebuild" is new coaches, new philosophy. these friggin seniors have had three different head coaches in 3 years!! 3 different OCs and 3 different DCs!! Actually, in 2021, they did not even have a DC! These kids are gonna struggle this year, at least a little, trying to get used to the new approaches this year. Offense "under center??" some of these PR kids have being playing "spread offense" since youth football, when they were 6 or 7 years old, almost 10 years for some of this year's seniors, 9 years for juniors.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT