ADVERTISEMENT

Pennsbury at Garnet Valley postponed tomorrow 7pm

Kind of a strange considering GV has turf. Are they worried about the gate?

Guessing the earlier Garnet Valley-Haverford thunderstorm debacle plays a role in this. Kids were on and off the field three or four times.

Pretty sure PIAA has a mandated 30 minute delay and clearing of field and stands after seeing lightning. If thunderstorms are around tonight could be collasal disaster. Throw in that some of these teams are traveling way longer distances then normal postponement can make some real sense if threat of lightning is in forecast.

PIAA gets all of the gate anyway. GV would only get the concessions. Its definitely the right move. Suprised there hasnt been more postponments due to what has been mentioned above. However, weather for tomorrow is forcasted to be about the same. No one wants to play after tomorrow for obvious reasons.

Reactions: PastorZack
GV did post a reminder about the evacuation process should the game be interrupted by lightning. This was a couple hours before announcing it was rescheduled. I'm thinking this increases the gate, honestly. Other than family who wants to drive to GV from Pennsbury on a Friday afternoon?

I think this still looks bad, every other game went on without a hitch. Not a Pennsbury fan, but I will be rooting for them tomorrow.

Maybe just using the home field advantage thing. GV triple option requires a lot of ball handling, hand offs, pitches, cutting while running etc. It may be they'd much rather play in dryer conditions. That would be a really intelligent use of home field. Why not set your team up for the best possible scenario for a win rather than a more dubious one where weather could play a major role ?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT