ADVERTISEMENT

PCC vs. Seneca Valley

new2pa

Nov 9, 2014
With the Rams an hour away and on TV recording, I went up to Seneca Valley for the PCC game. It was a slugfest. Both teams want to run the ball and are ok at it. Neither team has any real type of passing threat. Around halftime, PCC had 0 completions and 2 interceptions I think. SV isn't much better.

After SV got beat down pretty good by Erie McDowell, I was expecting a beat down by PCC. Not the case. The PCC DL is big and active, but they really don't play much maybe 60-70% of the time. Probably because at least four of them are full time two way players (Allen twins, beatty, and center/NG). They got tired quickly. To me, the one Allen twin is the best DL. Big and active. Beatty is huge, but I think the weight he put on slowed him down a bit. Donald was ok, but didn't dominate. Looked smallest of the the DL by a wide margin, but also most athletic. PCC LBs are really good. Play had and downhill. Hard to tell on the DBs since not really threatened.

Offensively, they are a downhill running team. Those DL that play offense are clearly just big bodies occupying a position. I'm surprised that PCC can't find people to take their spots because they looked really tired. PCC best RB got hurt (knee) and backups played ok. No one with his speed though. That will be a loss for them. QB is just ok. A lot like the kid from a couple years ago. WR's are also just OK. A couple of them are long kids, but I didn't see anyone that really stood out. (They don't have a very modern passing game.)

SV is more or less a less talented clone of PCC. Their DBs are probably a little bigger and support the run better. They have one really good LB that plays in the box all the time that is a real gamer. DL is big and held up well to PCC's OL.

I still need to see NA play in person, but after watching this, I don't think there is any way that PCC competes for a state title this year unless SJP misses the bus. PCC might not even be the best team in the WPIAL. PCC vs. NA next week and then we'll know more. From what I've heard about NA and seen from PCC, I'll take NA by 10.

With the Rams an hour away and on TV recording, I went up to Seneca Valley for the PCC game. It was a slugfest. Both teams want to run the ball and are ok at it. Neither team has any real type of passing threat. Around halftime, PCC had 0 completions and 2 interceptions I think. SV isn't much better.

After SV got beat down pretty good by Erie McDowell, I was expecting a beat down by PCC. Not the case. The PCC DL is big and active, but they really don't play much maybe 60-70% of the time. Probably because at least four of them are full time two way players (Allen twins, beatty, and center/NG). They got tired quickly. To me, the one Allen twin is the best DL. Big and active. Beatty is huge, but I think the weight he put on slowed him down a bit. Donald was ok, but didn't dominate. Looked smallest of the the DL by a wide margin, but also most athletic. PCC LBs are really good. Play had and downhill. Hard to tell on the DBs since not really threatened.

Offensively, they are a downhill running team. Those DL that play offense are clearly just big bodies occupying a position. I'm surprised that PCC can't find people to take their spots because they looked really tired. PCC best RB got hurt (knee) and backups played ok. No one with his speed though. That will be a loss for them. QB is just ok. A lot like the kid from a couple years ago. WR's are also just OK. A couple of them are long kids, but I didn't see anyone that really stood out. (They don't have a very modern passing game.)

SV is more or less a less talented clone of PCC. Their DBs are probably a little bigger and support the run better. They have one really good LB that plays in the box all the time that is a real gamer. DL is big and held up well to PCC's OL.

I still need to see NA play in person, but after watching this, I don't think there is any way that PCC competes for a state title this year unless SJP misses the bus. PCC might not even be the best team in the WPIAL. PCC vs. NA next week and then we'll know more. From what I've heard about NA and seen from PCC, I'll take NA by 10.
Thanks new2pa. Man, you never know what you're getting with McDowell or Erie High for that matter with late transfers to Cathedral making it surprising either one can remain relevant. Neither can on a consistent basis but will surprise from time to time. Weird how easy they handled Sen Val! Must have something. I've concentrated on other districts but they are always a team to keep track of. State use to see them in-season some years or early in post season. Anyway, good report, thanks. Thought SV would have been more vs McDowell.

Reactions: Soup13 and new2pa

New, how bad did the Tillman injury look? I heard the Robson kid also injured his knee again and is done for the year once again. Imo they haven’t had a good offense since 2016 with that dominant line. Tillman gives them a boost but If he’s gone I think they will truly be pedestrian. Haven’t had real talent at QB spot since fisher and they misused him too. Also best line players going both ways isn’t helping. I think if PR and NA can protect good, especially as the game goes on and the two way guys get tired, they could definitely beat pcc. This week against NA will be very telling no doubt.

Reactions: new2pa and Soup13
McDowell has 2 solid running backs in Elijah Lopez and Erie High Transfer Danny Blue. Their offensive line is pretty big and the QB (Junior who started as a Sophomore) can sling it. I was expecting a better game between McDowell and SV to be honest. I didnt have McD winning by 21, honestly thought it would be a 1 score game. I guess McDowell heading to Cleveland to Scrimmage St. Ed's before the season probably paid off with that win.

Jury is still out on Erie High in my opinion. They are playing home games at Gannon University to start the season until their field renovations are complete. Seems like they can put points on the board, but playing Defense was an issue last week, as they gave up 413 Rushing Yards. They do have a 6'7" Sophomore Tight End who has looked good on both sides of the ball.

Last edited:
McDowell has 2 solid running backs in Elijah Lopez and Erie High Transfer Danny Blue. Their offensive line is pretty big and the QB (Junior who started as a Sophomore). I was expecting a better game between McDowell and SV to be honest. I Didnt have McD winning by 21, honestly thought it would be a 1 score game. I guess McDowell heading to Cleveland to Scrimmage St. Ed's before the season probably paid off with that win.

Jury is still out on Erie High in my opinion. They are playing home games at Gannon University to start the season until their field renovations are complete. Seems like they can put points on the board, but playing Defense was an issue last week, as they gave up 413 Rushing Yards. They do have a 6'7" Sophomore Tight End who has looked good on both sides of the ball.
A player like Blue can make ALL the difference. Quite a talent. Thanks for the info.

McDowell has 2 solid running backs in Elijah Lopez and Erie High Transfer Danny Blue. Their offensive line is pretty big and the QB (Junior who started as a Sophomore) can sling it. I was expecting a better game between McDowell and SV to be honest. I didnt have McD winning by 21, honestly thought it would be a 1 score game. I guess McDowell heading to Cleveland to Scrimmage St. Ed's before the season probably paid off with that win.

Also something else to note, McDowell has a Seneca valley transfer at WR. Kid transferred last season but put up some big catches in the win over Seneca valley last week. Thought that was interesting.

Reactions: papride1 and new2pa
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT