ADVERTISEMENT

PCC Coaching Search

new2pa

Nov 9, 2014
Just heard final interviews were today. Between Ryan Lehmeier (current Seneca Valley OC) and Steve Bezilla (current PCC OC)

Yeah, I was all over the SV bandwagon and they sh*t the bed. I watched some of their games and I'm not sure what Lehmeier was doing. It didn't look like P-R at all in play calling or in results.

Lehmeier has gotten more publicity than any high school assistant i've ever seen, the local media was talking about him as if he was Mike Martz in the late 90's with the Rams greatest show on turf

maybe that's gone after Seneca Valley's debacle of a season and PR winning another title with a completely new staff, but i won't be surprised he gets the job

I wouldn’t say lehmier was a “failure” at SV. They certainly improved offensively running pr’s stuff the past two years, it’s clear though the talent wasn’t nearly the same as what he had at pr. Hancox at QB doesn’t even come close to dinucci, jurkovec, and Spencer at QB. I can think of 5 better receivers PR has had compared to Lawson. I don’t believe They were awful , they were your typical seneca team. Lost some very close games at the end to miss out.

I think it will end up being bezilla, just the fact that he is an alumni and works at the school. It doesn’t seem to be with their mojo to hire outside their “community” but we will see. If lehmier got it that would be interesting because they have got some weapons on offense to play with.

Reactions: new2pa
Jacky, you got me thinking about SV. I was a little surprised. Its not clear that SV was really that much better on O.

Last 4 year. Two before and after Lehmeier.

22: 6-4 29.0 ppg - missed playoffs
21: 7-4 20.9 ppg - lost in 1st round of playoffs
20: 4-3 23.4 ppg - lost in 1st round of playoffs
19: 4-7 21.8 ppg - lost in 1st round of playoffs

This year is the real mystery. A 3 year starter at QB and all kinds of skill returning. Had OL and WR coach from P-R there with him, plus LB and DL coach. Essentially no change.

Reactions: JACKY6996
. I can think of 5 better receivers PR has had compared to Lawson.
can you name 5 that went to a school as good as Navy?

a receiver is only as good as his QB, those PR guys would've been unknown and forgotten if they didn't have Dinucci or Jurkovec, or Spencer throwing them the ball

can you name 5 that went to a school as good as Navy?

a receiver is only as good as his QB, those PR guys would've been unknown and forgotten if they didn't have Dinucci or Jurkovec, or Spencer throwing them the ball
Battaglia- army
Falcone- Lehigh
Jochem- IU
Mills- Elon
Gochis- duqaunse

All better than Lawson and there’s more too. We can speculate all we want but at the end of the day those guys were the QB’s. I don’t even think he’s a receiver in college either, if he even sees the field much.

That was NOT supposed to invoke laughter
You say some really dumb stuff my friend. Go watch film of lehmiers offense at pr, he has the same type of play makers at PCC, some with even more potential than the pr kids he’s had before besides qb. They return 5 seniors with offers, 3 being P5 as well as a number of other senior starters. You can be a hype man all you want, but you add no elaboration or facts what so ever. Your “north Allegheny tiger” yet ever since you’ve joined you have yet to give any insight into the na team, what players they have back and upcoming etc you just seem like a really immature kid with your posts. Actually add some substance to the conversation instead of just trying to rehash the same thing and adding nothing of semblance.

You say some really dumb stuff my friend. Go watch film of lehmiers offense at pr, he has the same type of play makers at PCC, some with even more potential than the pr kids he’s had before besides qb. They return 5 seniors with offers, 3 being P5 as well as a number of other senior starters. You can be a hype man all you want, but you add no elaboration or facts what so ever. Your “north Allegheny tiger” yet ever since you’ve joined you have yet to give any insight into the na team, what players they have back and upcoming etc you just seem like a really immature kid with your posts. Actually add some substance to the conversation instead of just trying to rehash the same thing and adding nothing of semblance.
All I know is seneca valley last year was supposed to have their best class ever. Where did that get them? They didn’t even make the playoffs in a 5 team league!!!! That’s a coaching issue. With Totten and palko resigning, Art walker jr is now the best/most accomplished coach in Wpial 6A right now. Assuming Alualu stays in Pittsburgh, we have the best linebacker in wpial coming back.

How’s that for insight?

Early word on coaches at PCC

Lehmeier, Tim Sasson, Coleman Mazur, Jack Neff, and John Hale all from SV (and P-R)

Sasson will not be OC from what I understand.

Ok, folks... I took a break, but some of this stuff is interesting... again hoping for debate and discussion, not insults and ignorant comments...

But- I just heard a head-spinner- third hand- but just heard that the previous-fired-PR coach, Kasper, applied for the PCC job- got passed over- very weird!!

Regardless, with those coaches added (listed by new2), I see PCC doing very well- maybe challenging SJP within the next 2 years

PCC has an outstanding senior class, particularly the skill players. They should be prohibitive favorite to win the WPIAL and compete for a state title. I'm jumping on PCC bandwagon this year, like I was on the SV one last year. That was the kiss of death.

I really doubt Coach K applied. His kid would have to sit a year behind the QB PCC has. But I don't know anything for sure.

PCC has an outstanding senior class, particularly the skill players. They should be prohibitive favorite to win the WPIAL and compete for a state title. I'm jumping on PCC bandwagon this year, like I was on the SV one last year. That was the kiss of death.

I really doubt Coach K applied. His kid would have to sit a year behind the QB PCC has. But I don't know anything for sure.
yes- new i agree, makes no sense for EK to have applied- but the same dude told me a month ago that Lehmeir was gonna get hired, and obviously that was spot-on accurate- maybe he was gonna have him repeat a year, who knows. Really seems like maybe PCC admin and alumni are working toward "new philosophies" with new ideas and new coaching. So, either resigned/retired/passed-over were Bezilla, Totten and Flemming.

That's what it seems like. Its gonna be a little tough to follow Totten. His crew had 2 state championships, 2 more state runner-ups, and 6 WPIALS. Luckily, they are loaded so that should make it easy transition this year.

All I know is seneca valley last year was supposed to have their best class ever. Where did that get them? They didn’t even make the playoffs in a 5 team league!!!! That’s a coaching issue. With Totten and palko resigning, Art walker jr is now the best/most accomplished coach in Wpial 6A right now. Assuming Alualu stays in Pittsburgh, we have the best linebacker in wpial coming back.

How’s that for insight?
Alualu would be the third best LB at PCC this upcoming season, assuming speca and that other kid picking up offers the past few days are healthy. He’s a good HS LB. I’m sure art walker would find a way to house him in the NA district or let him flat out live with him should his dad leave the Steelers in FA.

Sure SV failed to live up to expectations, but lehmier wasn’t the only coach or HC, I’d say that falls more on him. I also alluded to a little bit earlier that “best class ever” may not have lived up to mean that much, not a big talent difference in the end compared to the other teams last year.

Still didn’t provide much insight besides cheerleading for NA. Elaborate more on why they will repeat. One LB surely can’t be the reason.

Early word on coaches at PCC

Lehmeier, Tim Sasson, Coleman Mazur, Jack Neff, and John Hale all from SV (and P-R)

Sasson will not be OC from what I understand.
Thankful that pr has pretty solid staff right now, but damn does it hurt seeing all those guys go over to central. Absolutely unthinkable three years ago. That was any pr fans worst nightmare during the fallout of the coach k situation, seeing the rivals get all those young, innovative coaches.

It will be interesting to see which coaches are kept from Tottens staff. From what I’m aware a couple coaches sons play including the starting QB. If there’s a disagreement in philosophy or something and those guys aren’t retained, could they pull their kids out like Fleming did? Just speculation on my part, but will be interesting to see, that’s an awful lot of new faces coming in.

Battaglia- army
Falcone- Lehigh
Jochem- IU
Mills- Elon
Gochis- duqaunse

All better than Lawson and there’s more too. We can speculate all we want but at the end of the day those guys were the QB’s. I don’t even think he’s a receiver in college either, if he even sees the field much.
i don't agree, neither does Navy and yes the QB matters big time

Jochem is a walk on right? never heard of any of those guys except Falcone and the only reason i remember him is his name has been mentioned here all the time

Alualu would be the third best LB at PCC this upcoming season, assuming speca and that other kid picking up offers the past few days are healthy. He’s a good HS LB. I’m sure art walker would find a way to house him in the NA district or let him flat out live with him should his dad leave the Steelers in FA.

Sure SV failed to live up to expectations, but lehmier wasn’t the only coach or HC, I’d say that falls more on him. I also alluded to a little bit earlier that “best class ever” may not have lived up to mean that much, not a big talent difference in the end compared to the other teams last year.

Still didn’t provide much insight besides cheerleading for NA. Elaborate more on why they will repeat. One LB surely can’t be the reason.
That obviously wasn’t my only reason. We will have the best coaching staff for sure. I’ll know more what’s it gets closer to next season

According to Rivals, Lawson is a DB and is one of the *68* and counting 2023 signees. No scholarship limits at the academies.

Lawson was a nice high school player but a definitely a defensive player. He will end up as a LB or DE when all is said and done IMO.

Reactions: JACKY6996
I imagine he’ll do what Lehmeier wants without question. Job of a lifetime.

Former assistant at Hempfield and Jeannette. Kind of a strange jump from there to PCC.
Ryan's pretty talented as an OC. His scheme at Jeanette was pretty dynamic with the Birch brothers. I'm kind of interested to know the connection these 2 had prior to being named OC.

Starting to look reminiscent of their 2015/2016 team. I’d be a little nervous if I was a sjp fan because they’ve actually got good coaches this time around.

Jacky, they are clearly the WPIAL favorite. Them and SJP should be cream of 6A crop.

New- the connection between Reitz and Leihmeir- I think 7-7s, coaching clinics, and also SV playing against Reitz at Hempfield likely led to the hire

PCC might be really good, but really gotta "run the table" to be good enough to challenge SJP- imo too early to call them one of the best in the state- lots of new coaches and schemes- might happen, but gotta get rolling quick

imo, we kinda gotta stop talking about "winning" the WPIAL having meaning- being the "best of 5" who are not great, really does not mean much, sad but true. 6A in WPIAL has been getting smaller and weaker- D7 has not been in state final for 6 years

2020: Lebo won 6A in 2021, but I get what you are saying.

I am kinda in your wait and see camp too. Hearing some stuff about what’s going on at PCC and it seems like maybe one of the reason Lehmeier was hired is because the AD wants to pull the strings now. Young coach. Will try and confirm this weekend.

That’s good for central, but honestly the only thing stopping SJP this upcoming year is a red light on the bus

That’s good for central, but honestly the only thing stopping SJP this upcoming year is a red light on the bus
So much can happen in ten months, injuries being the most obvious thing that can make predictions meaningless at this point. Look what happened when Hurts was out for the Eagles--and that was just one guy.

2020: Lebo won 6A in 2021, but I get what you are saying.

I am kinda in your wait and see camp too. Hearing some stuff about what’s going on at PCC and it seems like maybe one of the reason Lehmeier was hired is because the AD wants to pull the strings now. Young coach. Will try and confirm this weekend.
lol, sorry yea, bone-head comment by me- apologies to the Lebo fans!

I think I was looking at PCC playoff record in the last 5 years, and I got distracted.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT