ADVERTISEMENT

PA Preps High School Football Talk

PAPreps.com

Jul 20, 2017
Find out what some of the top players in the state are saying about football now!

......................................................................................................

Q&A with South Allegheny linebacker/defensive end Camden Lewis
What have you been doing as of late with off-season workouts?
“I have been lifting 4-5 times a week and also have been getting in field work.”

What do you feel you have improved on most since last football season?
“Since last football season I think my strength and size has improved a lot more.”

How do you feel your team will do next football season?
“I think we will shock a lot of people after coming off of 2 bad years. We play a whole new conference with teams that I think we could totally beat. We have pretty much everyone coming back with a huge senior class and everyone has improved a lot more since last year. Also with our head coach (Brian Hanson) leading us into the season [we are] looking better than ever.”

What team do you feel will be the toughest competition on your schedule?
“To me the toughest team that we will face off against is Steel Valley. I think when we play them it will be a good game and we will surprise a lot of people after their big runs the last 2 years.”

Who is the toughest individual player your team will face off against?
“Donald Barksdale, he is a very talented player and will be one the players we will have to scheme for."

......................................................................................................
Q&A with North Catholic tight end/defensive end Brady O’Hara
“I worked out with an offensive line coach and receiver coach over the winter, and I did our NC Football offseason workouts after school. When spring sports started, I was playing lacrosse and making it to our team lifts when possible. Now that lacrosse is over, I’m back at our team lifts, and I’m working with a personal trainer.”

“I have improved my footwork the most, both for blocking and route running. I also feel like my hand-eye coordination is better. I’m feeling much more confident catching the football. Overall, I’ve also continued to get stronger.”

“We lost a lot of talent from our senior class, but we’ve all been putting in the work in the offseason to replace those guys. I think we are going to compete in 3A.”

“Probably Central Valley or Avonworth. Avonworth beat us last year and has always been a rival for North. Central Valley has always been a great program and is moving down to 3A the same as us.”

“I haven’t had a chance to see his film yet, but we play Imani Christian this year, and Dayshaun Burnett is one of the best linebackers in the state.”

Q&A with Shamokin interior offensive lineman Blake Hockenbroch
“The off-season has consisted of a lot of track and field, but I lift 4 days a week and speed training 1-2 times per week.”

“Definitely my strength and filling out my frame.”

“I believe my team is going to have a very successful season.”

“Jersey Shore in week 4 is going to be one of the more challenging games.”

“I think one of the toughest players we will line up against this year is Jersey Shore's ATH Elijah Jordan, we have played him quite a few times over the last few seasons and I am confident and excited to line up against him once again.”

Q&A with Southmoreland strong safety/athlete Cam Phillips
“Five day lifting schedule I’ve been sticking to, plus the team lift 1 day and 1 day speed and agility. Plus team practices where I get position work.”

“Everything.”

“Good. we have a group of playmakers returning so should be able to not only make playoffs but win some playoff games.”

“They’re all tough teams but probably Elizabeth Forward.”

“There’s a bunch of tough guys we’ll play against but I’d say either Chris Climes or Antwan Black top the list.”

Q&A with Kiski Area offensive center Cameron Murphy
“I have been doing a combination of strength training as well as speed and agility. I’ve also been working on my long snapping.”

“I’ve improved my footwork and flexibility this off season.”

“We move up to 5A this season and I think we are going to do very well. We have a lot of returning starters up front and in the backfield along with our QB.”

“There will be no easy games! They will all be tough games and it will be a challenge each week.”

“Every team we play will have tough individual athletes. We will have to prepare each week for a tough opponent.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News