ADVERTISEMENT

PA Preps High School Football Talk

PAPreps.com

Jul 20, 2017
Find out what some of the top players in the state are saying about football now!

......................................................................................................

Q&A with Selinsgrove defensive end Steven Miller
How has everything been going football wise as of late?
“My team just lost in the district finals and ended our season at 8-4.”

Going forward, what do you feel your team can continue to improve on?
“Going forward our team needs to put in some work in the weight room and at speed training to get ready for next year, the one thing that we have had issues with the past couple of years was our offense.”

Have you been pleased with your performances?
“I was happy with what I did this year but hungry for more tackles for losses, I ended the year with 12 and next year I want 20.”

How do you feel about the play of your team?
“I love our team and the relationships that we built this year, this year was the best year of football in my life.”

What are your sporting goals going forward as of now?
“Next year I want 20 tfl’s along with 5 touchdowns.”
......................................................................................................
Q&A with Shippensburg shortstop Tucker Chamberlin
“We finished our season this past Friday after losing 10-7 to Cedar Cliff. Our final record was 11-1 and were the Mid Penn Colonial Champions.”

“Going forward, I think that our team can continue to improve on our offense, its weapons, and driving down the field and scoring. Also, next year with our great senior class leaving, our defense will have to step up in a big way for us. We all need to get better this off season, including me.”

“I was very pleased with my performances this season, but there is always room to improve and strive.”

“I felt that as a team we played tremendously throughout the season despite an off year last year and we will continue to improve for next season.”

“My sporting goals going forward as of now are to get bigger and stronger for not only football, but for my upcoming season of baseball. I plan to contribute to the team greatly and I also want to be a leader on and off the field. I want to make it to the postseason in baseball this year.”
Q&A with Central Dauphin linebacker Xander Toland
“Football lately has really been an eye opener. This sport takes so much commitment and if you're not 100% in mentally you're not going to make it.”

“Last season our team had a lot of new kids and sophomore starters, this coming season we all have experience under our belt and are going to come back stronger. We can improve on all aspects.”

“This was my first year as a starter and I hold myself to high standards because I know what I'm capable of. I believe I had a good season but, I know I'm nowhere near the athlete I can be.”

“This year our team did not meet the standards of a Central Dauphin football team. The whole team knows it. We had potential as a whole but in the end we had too many guys give up on each other.”

“As of now, I want to better myself physically and mentally and get ready for the new season. Every day I do something to make myself a better player.”
Q&A with North Allegheny quarterback Logan Kushner
“Everything has been going well and although we lost in the semi-finals, I feel like I learned a lot this year and improved throughout the season.”

“Moving forward I feel like our team can improve on chemistry and playing together as one.”

“I have been pleased with some of my performances this year, but I know that there is a lot of room for improvement. Moving forward, I know that I need to be more consistent and take better care of the ball.”

“I feel like our team had a lot of ups and downs throughout the year. Although the season did not end how we would have liked, I know that we will have a bounce back season next year.”

“My goal for this offseason in specific is to improve my game every single day, getting one percent better every day. My goal for the team is to improve our record from last season, win the WPIALs, and lead my team to a deep state playoff run.”
Q&A with Wilkes-Barre quarterback Javant McClary
“Everything’s been going good as of right now, training on and off the field.”

“Going forward we definitely have to improve mentally. We made a lot of mental mistakes this year that cost us the game.”

“No I’m not pleased with our performances, we have made a lot of mistakes this year mentally but I’m sure next year we will be ready for whatever.”

“I feel like we play really physical and hard, sometimes we’re just not all on the same page.”

“My sporting goal is to get that chip!”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News