ADVERTISEMENT

Other Big Games this weekend?

MPChesco

Sep 27, 2018
Besides the D-West vs Coatesville game tomorrow, what are the other Big games? Are there any upset alerts?

In District 11, 5-1 Easton travels to 6-0 Freedom. Easton’s record is a soft 5, as none of their wins are over teams with a winning record, and the 1 is a 30-28 loss to undefeated Emmaus, who is ranked 7 in the state by PennLive. Freedom is undefeated, with wins over Parkland and Bethlehem Catholic highlighting their resume and is ranked #9 by PennLive. Easton is listed as a team to watch.

Great battle of quarterbacks who make good decisions, as Jared Jenkins and Nate Nimeh have combined for 28 TDs and just 4 picks. Both defenses are tough and physical and it should be a fun game. Whoever has more success running the ball should prevail. A Freedom win sets up an undefeated showcase with Emmaus next week, while an Easton win would get the Rovers back in contention to win the EPC South.

Reactions: newman107
Besides the D-West vs Coatesville game tomorrow, what are the other Big games? Are there any upset alerts?
Well, in 2A West Catholic /McDevitt both 5-1 could be an interesting game that Burrs and I will be watching for the outcome.

A few from the SOL:

Truman (5-1) at Pennsbury (3-3).....When was the last time Truman beat Neshaminy and Pennsbury in the same season? I bet we would have to go back to the days when Truman was Woodrow Wilson HS. Must win for the Falcons, as they still have CRS and Neshaminy left.

Quakertown (5-1) at Upper Dublin (4-1)....UD can pretty much wrap up the American Conference with a win.

North Penn (6-0) at Souderton (3-3)....Can the Indians keep it close? They've been a different team since tailback Deandre Wakefield returned from injury, winning three straight.

Game On discusses these match-ups:

http://www.buckscountycouriertimes.com/news/20181004/game-on-week-7-football-on-campus

Last edited:
Reactions: Aragorn
Rover...Tocci's or Roosevelt's? If I have time before the game. I trust your recommendation.

A few Mid State games of local and state impact.

MP-Commonwealth: State College 6-0 at Harrisburg 5-1

Lancaser-Lebbanon-1: Warwick 5-1 at Wilson 4-2

MP-Capital: Middletown 5-1 at Milton Hershey 6-0

Mdt won 32-21

D6 battle: Richland 6-0 at BS Guilfoyle 5-1

In District 11, 5-1 Easton travels to 6-0 Freedom. Easton’s record is a soft 5, as none of their wins are over teams with a winning record, and the 1 is a 30-28 loss to undefeated Emmaus, who is ranked 7 in the state by PennLive. Freedom is undefeated, with wins over Parkland and Bethlehem Catholic highlighting their resume and is ranked #9 by PennLive. Easton is listed as a team to watch.

Great battle of quarterbacks who make good decisions, as Jared Jenkins and Nate Nimeh have combined for 28 TDs and just 4 picks. Both defenses are tough and physical and it should be a fun game. Whoever has more success running the ball should prevail. A Freedom win sets up an undefeated showcase with Emmaus next week, while an Easton win would get the Rovers back in contention to win the EPC South.

Scratch that. Same old Easton. Program is in terrible shape

Well, in 2A West Catholic /McDevitt both 5-1 could be an interesting game that Burrs and I will be watching for the outcome.

West with a convincing win. Surprised with the margin, especially after a 0-0 1st quarter. The Burrs are in good position to claim the the #1 seed in the 2A D-12/D-11 subregional. Unless McDevitt implodes they still have a good chance to be one of the four subregional chance (Only 8 teams vying for 4 spots).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT