ADVERTISEMENT

Opening Weekend 2024

Bucks -

It seems the 'Skins are setting up to play Emmaus in their opener at least from what I have heard although it wasn't quite inked (they weren't bad last year -- and Neshaminy may be a bit up the food chain with the many juniors that started in '23 back as seniors -- we hope).

Bucks -

It seems the 'Skins are setting up to play Emmaus in their opener at least from what I have heard although it wasn't quite inked (they weren't bad last year -- and Neshaminy may be a bit up the food chain with the many juniors that started in '23 back as seniors -- we hope).
Emmaus has turned into a good program under Harold Fairclough. Last year they were behind Parkland and Nazareth (three of their six losses to top 5-7 teams in PA), lost 27-24 to an ACC team I still can’t believe missed state playoffs, and split with Freedom, who also has been a consistently solid program. They were great on the lines, very average and the skill spots - defensive end/left tackle Mario Landino is going to Indiana, and DT/OT Ben Mercado is headed to Sacred Heart.

They’ll be young this year, but had a couple big sophomores who got snaps on the offensive and defensive lines who could move into being anchors of their program. Their safety, Raffy Terrero, is one of the better players coming back up here. It’s certainly not the Emmaus of 15-20 years ago, they can reload with how their feeders have developed. No longer a doormat.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT