ADVERTISEMENT

OPEN LETTER TO THE MMS

Dec 4, 2015
MMS = Mutual Masturbation Society

The gods have returned and are highly entertained with the stroking of each others egos. What are you missing? The game has changed and is passing you by, yet your philosophical anchoring in "the way it was" is blinding your ability to see the big picture. The worm has turned. Yeah, Ridley stinks. You still haven't acknowledged that Garnet Valley has taken the mantle in the Central. You know what, the SOL is a non-factor too. Dickie is running a consistent program and they may run the table from here but do they have any real shot of winning District 1? You know the answer. The Ches-Mont is a complete disgrace except for the Downingtown's and Coatesville. One of them will take the hubcap. Rustin, Avon Grove, Kennett? These teams are going NOWHERE. The eventual D1 chump (not a typo) will get the right to get mauled by The Jesuits at some point. Give up the ghost, PUH-LEEZE!

The PCL outside of The Traveling Wilbury's and The Golden Helmets (and you saw how wide that gap is last night!) is not good. Since 2016, the mighty Red & Blue are 9-29 versus the (gulp!) Inter-Ac! And 4 of those Ls are against the aforementioned Wizard's Boys. Johnny would win D1 if not forced into D12. 42-6. Any other questions?

Now, let the howling at the moon begin, the best league in SEPA is in fact, the Inter-Ac. Top to Bottom. Malvern Prep has played a BRUTAL schedule and may be the best 1-4 team in all of the Keystone State. We always find it humorous that none of the previously mentioned CM squads will tangle with them. "They will recruit are players!" Yeah, no sh&t, Sherlock. A few have left the HOFer with the Big 12 QB this past offseason. Do a better job, they will not leave.
Penn Charter has beaten SOL (cough cough), "power" Upper Dublin by a combined 98-17 the last two years. Comical hearing the parents grouse in the stands about the "advantages" in East Falls. I suspect they won't be on the schedule anymore
Episcopal, that super soft school a sniff from Waynesborough, knocked off Northeast 26-13. Will they be the 6A Pub champ? EA has something like 200-300 boys, essentially a 2 or 3A.
Let's move down to Haverford. I am not sure AC expected to get an L this year. They haven't shied away from tough competition. None of you will schedule them.
Back to Philly, and SCH. They waxed the Oldest Catholic HS in the country 44-7. Didn't they just knock off ABW? There is a reason Steve left for Grizzly land. No more poaching allowed. Would the Blue Devils beat the boys off 263? There is a danger in comparative scores, but....
Lastly, GA is 4-0 and scoring a ton of points behind the best QB you don't know about. AT worst, 3rd best in all of SEPA.

The gods will end with the mantra "The Eye in the Sky Does Not Lie". Watch the film and you decide. Also, look at where these student athletes are matriculating. Enjoy your right to be in the (cue Jim Mora) PLAYOFFS? And get sent home early. There is some good ball being played in this league, it ain't the same league you played in 10-30 years ago.

Reactions: lilromeo

The gods have returned and are highly entertained with the stroking of each others egos. What are you missing? The game has changed and is passing you by, yet your philosophical anchoring in "the way it was" is blinding your ability to see the big picture. The worm has turned. Yeah, Ridley stinks. You still haven't acknowledged that Garnet Valley has taken the mantle in the Central. You know what, the SOL is a non-factor too. Dickie is running a consistent program and they may run the table from here but do they have any real shot of winning District 1? You know the answer. The Ches-Mont is a complete disgrace except for the Downingtown's and Coatesville. One of them will take the hubcap. Rustin, Avon Grove, Kennett? These teams are going NOWHERE. The eventual D1 chump (not a typo) will get the right to get mauled by The Jesuits at some point. Give up the ghost, PU
The PCL outside of The Traveling Wilbury's and The Golden Helmets (and you saw how wide that gap is last night!) is not good. Since 2016, the mighty Red & Blue are 9-29 versus the (gulp!) Inter-Ac! And 4 of those Ls are against the aforementioned Wizard's Boys. Johnny would win D1 if not forced into D12. 42-6. Any other questions?

Now, let the howling at the moon begin, the best league in SEPA is in fact, the Inter-Ac. Top to Bottom. Malvern Prep has played a BRUTAL schedule and may be the best 1-4 team in all of the Keystone State. We always find it humorous that none of the previously mentioned CM squads will tangle with them. "They will recruit are players!" Yeah, no sh&t, Sherlock. A few have left the HOFer with the Big 12 QB this past offseason. Do a better job, they will not leave.
Penn Charter has beaten SOL (cough cough), "power" Upper Dublin by a combined 98-17 the last two years. Comical hearing the parents grouse in the stands about the "advantages" in East Falls. I suspect they won't be on the schedule anymore
Episcopal, that super soft school a sniff from Waynesborough, knocked off Northeast 26-13. Will they be the 6A Pub champ? EA has something like 200-300 boys, essentially a 2 or 3A.
Let's move down to Haverford. I am not sure AC expected to get an L this year. They haven't shied away from tough competition. None of you will schedule them.
Back to Philly, and SCH. They waxed the Oldest Catholic HS in the country 44-7. Didn't they just knock off ABW? There is a reason Steve left for Grizzly land. No more poaching allowed. Would the Blue Devils beat the boys off 263? There is a danger in comparative scores, but....
Lastly, GA is 4-0 and scoring a ton of points behind the best QB you don't know about. AT worst, 3rd best in all of SEPA.

The gods will end with the mantra "The Eye in the Sky Does Not Lie". Watch the film and you decide. Also, look at where these student athletes are matriculating. Enjoy your right to be in the (cue Jim Mora) PLAYOFFS? And get sent home early. There is some good ball being played in this league, it ain't the same league you played in 10-30 years ago.
Inter-ac has some of the best coaching and has been outstanding this year. If any teams in the AA could give So Columbia a game IMO it would be one of the top 3 teams in the inter -ac. Good post.

So the best league is the league that can recruit the best kids to come play.
Hmmm that was a dumb post. btw it is "our" not "are". Great Inter-Ac education there.

Reactions: myschoolisbetter
"You still haven't acknowledged that Garnet Valley has taken the mantle in the Central."
It's a given ever yr GV will be on top.

Is this a sign of the future?
From reports I've received, Youth programs are down in numbers the last few years.
Some Middle school programs gave up.
If there's less big fish in the sea, we should expect a limited number of boats to come in loaded.
Scary!
Or, maybe it's a timing thing. Three/four years down the road we should have a better picture.

Blue I think I took it the same way that you did. Could be the combination of a few things, but seems like changes going on. I think the point that really good coaching going on now in interac is a good point. You look back and see coaches who as soon as 5 years ago were bringing big physical teams to the table in PIAA or PCL either no longer coaching or coaching elsewhere and it makes you wonder what the real deal is. I think you nailed it, without youth football it's going to be a different game, I guess we'll see in a few years. Also I don't think any of those interac teams can play 5th year guys vs a PIAA team. So I think for the point of non league that isn't part of it. I just want to see some good games.

SoL is most likely the worst in history. NPenn the biggest midget in the league. Ugly, ugly and ugly squads. I’m hoping Abington takes National and Souderton or West take Continental just for a change. It’s not coaching. Neshaminy all but Schmidt there and they’re the worst I’ve seen; besides him and Gordon not exactly lighting it on fire down in Hatboro.

I posted this on the wrong post before:

Ok hot take here. Is it time to evaluate the playoff system here. Probably pie in the sky as now everyone is stuck in with the PIAA system. The question is, has it been worth it to vacate the thanksgiving games and league championships for the current playoff setup. All this playoff fever may be routing parents to schools with the best chance to have playoff glory (as fleeting and stupid as that is) Is it worth it for the PAC to give up what could be a great playoff culminating with something like a PV vs SF (or manybe a PJP shocks the world) final in front of thousands, for a playoff game vs. Souderton. Case can be made that the league that doesn't care about any playoffs or the other leagues is getting stronger.
Prep kind of screwing up my romance, but take them out and I'd gladly take one league PCL and a playoff system with a final early december with thanksgiving games.

Plc
I posted something like this a few years back. I'm old so no one cares! Ha!
Times change but not always for the better. Driverless cars?
My question was, would we all be better off going back to local league championships and turkey day games than this PIAA state trophy.
Coaches love it because they can brag, I won states!!!
No you didn't, kids won states!
Anyway, It's a tough call. I can see both sides and enjoyed being in the states on several occasions.
But, there was a price to pay.
Turkey day had to be cancelled. It put many schools in a real bind. Play Thursday morning and again Friday night???
I go back to my playing days and had fun on thanksgiving morning against kids I knew from the neighborhood on the other team. We'd battle like hell all game and later that evening hang out with those same kids swapping stories on the corner.
Anyone see my leather helmet?

Plc
I posted something like this a few years back. I'm old so no one cares! Ha!
Times change but not always for the better. Driverless cars?
My question was, would we all be better off going back to local league championships and turkey day games than this PIAA state trophy.
Coaches love it because they can brag, I won states!!!
No you didn't, kids won states!
Anyway, It's a tough call. I can see both sides and enjoyed being in the states on several occasions.
But, there was a price to pay.
Turkey day had to be cancelled. It put many schools in a real bind. Play Thursday morning and again Friday night???
I go back to my playing days and had fun on thanksgiving morning against kids I knew from the neighborhood on the other team. We'd battle like hell all game and later that evening hang out with those same kids swapping stories on the corner.
Anyone see my leather helmet?
There are advantages to state finals- exposure. PSU coaches (Franklin and Co) show up every yr.

There are advantages to state finals- exposure. PSU coaches (Franklin and Co) show up every yr.

I mean, PSU coaches manage to find talent even if it doesn’t play late in December in Hershey. Nazareth isn’t getting mistaken for SJP anytime soon, but Franklin still showed up for a Friday night game in a helicopter to see Jahan Dotson.

Agree, Not everyone plays for a state championship team. Look at PSU roster. Most of the starters come from out of state. Those from PA come from places like Exeter, Governor Mifflin, Meadville who played 10 game seasons, I do not remember seeing those teams at Hershey.
When state playoffs started I was all for them but over time I see a number of negatives. First rivalries in many cases are gone which has effected fan interest. Second is to many games. Football is not a life game. 14, 15 game season just increase a players chances of getting injured, If a team goes to states 2 or 3 years in a row the player is actually playing an xtra season. Instead of 20 games in 2 seasons he may play 30 and if 3 season he plays 45 games instead of 30. Without playoffs schools can still play other schools throughout the state. The major beneficiary of state playoffs is not the player but the PIAA, and adults.

Reactions: Aragorn
UPDATE:

How were those PIAA first round playoff games? zzzzzzzzzz........

The Inter-Ac was in its 4th week of league play and it was wild. A topsy-turvy season where last place teams topple first place teams and potential champions. Happens all the time in the Ches-Mont, SOL, PAC, Central, and PCL, right?

Only one outfit, Malvern Prep, will finish with a losing record. BRUTAL slate they had to contend with and need to be acknowledged for playing it. They got punched out by THE Haverford School (gods would like a clarification if in Montco or Delco) this past week. Been awhile since the Friars lost two league games in a year. Dave, are you losing the grip? They finish up this week with SCH, who has provided the Fords their only Inter-Ac L in the opener.

SCH had a tough luck year as the Blue Devils forked HS but lost back to back heartbreakers to Episcopal and GA. EA beat them with a last minute 2 pt conversion and GA stormed back after being behind 21-0. They looked like the lost their mojo vs Penn Charter this week and are limping to the finish line. WR is league MVP no matter what the final vote is, electricity every time ball is in his hands. Foxy Knoxy will have a serious drop off next year.

PC had a great start but lost first 3 league tilts to EA, Malvern and HS. The EA loss was on a last minute TD toss and the MP L was a 49-44 shootout when they got to the Friar 30 late with a chance to take the lead. They get a surging GA team in the 133rd rendition of the longest consecutive high school rivalry in the country for the capper. Coyle is a helluva schemer and has a great staff.

GA is like a Big 12 team that scores and surrenders points in bunches. Riding a ton of momentum, they beat the 8-0 Churchmen 56-55 in OT. That certainly raised a bunch of eyebrows, or at least, it should have. The game vs PC should be a doozie. Hey Matt, you may want to work on defense--you gave up 93 points in your last 2 games and somehow, still won both.

Episcopal has had a storybook, under the radar year. Knocking off Northeast, DE power Salesianum and notching 3 Inter-Ac Ws in dramatic, last minute fashion, they were 8-0 until Saturday and the L to GA. They can still win the outright league crown by beating Haverford on Saturday. Todd, focus on that game as opposed to calls/plays that did not go your way. You guys were playing with matches in the forest all year.

Haverford also played a tough sked. They opened with Northeast and were handling LaSalle until 27 started playing a level above everyone else. They are a physical, mauling bunch on Lancaster Ave. Amazing that they dropped their league opener at SCH, yet can win it all by beating EA Saturday. Hey Murph, did ya send the Patriots a thank you note?

All the blather about the "playoff leagues" and 15 game state playoff seasons "about the kids" makes us chuckle. Please share with us how that is better......(insert crickets chirping here)......

The gods have returned and are highly entertained with the stroking of each others egos. What are you missing? The game has changed and is passing you by, yet your philosophical anchoring in "the way it was" is blinding your ability to see the big picture. The worm has turned. Yeah, Ridley stinks. You still haven't acknowledged that Garnet Valley has taken the mantle in the Central. You know what, the SOL is a non-factor too. Dickie is running a consistent program and they may run the table from here but do they have any real shot of winning District 1? You know the answer. The Ches-Mont is a complete disgrace except for the Downingtown's and Coatesville. One of them will take the hubcap. Rustin, Avon Grove, Kennett? These teams are going NOWHERE. The eventual D1 chump (not a typo) will get the right to get mauled by The Jesuits at some point. Give up the ghost, PUH-LEEZE!

UPDATE:

How were those PIAA first round playoff games? zzzzzzzzzz........

The Inter-Ac was in its 4th week of league play and it was wild. A topsy-turvy season where last place teams topple first place teams and potential champions. Happens all the time in the Ches-Mont, SOL, PAC, Central, and PCL, right?

Only one outfit, Malvern Prep, will finish with a losing record. BRUTAL slate they had to contend with and need to be acknowledged for playing it. They got punched out by THE Haverford School (gods would like a clarification if in Montco or Delco) this past week. Been awhile since the Friars lost two league games in a year. Dave, are you losing the grip? They finish up this week with SCH, who has provided the Fords their only Inter-Ac L in the opener.

SCH had a tough luck year as the Blue Devils forked HS but lost back to back heartbreakers to Episcopal and GA. EA beat them with a last minute 2 pt conversion and GA stormed back after being behind 21-0. They looked like the lost their mojo vs Penn Charter this week and are limping to the finish line. WR is league MVP no matter what the final vote is, electricity every time ball is in his hands. Foxy Knoxy will have a serious drop off next year.

PC had a great start but lost first 3 league tilts to EA, Malvern and HS. The EA loss was on a last minute TD toss and the MP L was a 49-44 shootout when they got to the Friar 30 late with a chance to take the lead. They get a surging GA team in the 133rd rendition of the longest consecutive high school rivalry in the country for the capper. Coyle is a helluva schemer and has a great staff.

GA is like a Big 12 team that scores and surrenders points in bunches. Riding a ton of momentum, they beat the 8-0 Churchmen 56-55 in OT. That certainly raised a bunch of eyebrows, or at least, it should have. The game vs PC should be a doozie. Hey Matt, you may want to work on defense--you gave up 93 points in your last 2 games and somehow, still won both.

Episcopal has had a storybook, under the radar year. Knocking off Northeast, DE power Salesianum and notching 3 Inter-Ac Ws in dramatic, last minute fashion, they were 8-0 until Saturday and the L to GA. They can still win the outright league crown by beating Haverford on Saturday. Todd, focus on that game as opposed to calls/plays that did not go your way. You guys were playing with matches in the forest all year.

Haverford also played a tough sked. They opened with Northeast and were handling LaSalle until 27 started playing a level above everyone else. They are a physical, mauling bunch on Lancaster Ave. Amazing that they dropped their league opener at SCH, yet can win it all by beating EA Saturday. Hey Murph, did ya send the Patriots a thank you note?

All the blather about the "playoff leagues" and 15 game state playoff seasons "about the kids" makes us chuckle. Please share with us how that is better......(insert crickets chirping here)......

Hahahahahaha - although your post is relatively funny, I’m not quite sure what your angle is ....
If I’m reading correctly your trying to boast about how much better the inter ac is and that the inter ac is where the real football at the hs level is being played ... that’s funny !!
I will agree that the inter ac is VERY strong this year , no doubt about that but to come on here and try and type about how it is the end all / be all of hs FB is histerical...
Here’s a news flash to you - NO ONE CARES !!
The only people who care about the inter ac are ones involved in the inter ac and those are the ones that are at the Sat afternoon lawn feats every weekend that you guys pass off as a hs fb “atmosphere” that consists of 950 parents and family from both sides who spend $30 grand a pop to watch there sons “friends” play ball , knowing that the parents of the kid running up and down the field are a few rows down paying maybe $ 5 grand ... lol
Like I said , the league is awesome this year but let’s slow down with your “it’s hs footballs Mecca”..

Next - I see you name all the coaches by 1st name but I’m going to strongly doubt you know them on a personal level because if you did you would know that most of those guys and their current staffs grew up very “blue collar” and are NOT inter ac guys !! I bring that up only because if you gathered there opinions they would be the 1st to tell you how it is at those schools and who is playing for them ... in other words they are good because they have really good players and a lot of them !! They will also tell you that it is much much easier to coach where they are than a regular hs... most of those schools have a average of 50-60 players where out of those 50-60 , 40-45 of them are above average hs players !!! At your normal hs that has 50-60 players , they may have MAYBE 12-18 of those type players and that’s at a high end normal school program !!! So you do the math ...
I also know that a lot of the guys that are in this league would love to be competing on Friday nights for what you call the playoffs that nobody cares about ... lol
But they have really good jobs at really good schools that pay really well and wellllll , that’s what’s better for them and there families !!!

That being said take a ride over to Downingtown or doylestown or Kennett or WC east or even academy park this Friday and watch your local public
hs and watch the kids playing for there community schools in front of 4-6 thousand people from there communitys in pursuit of championship that every other hs is chasing (not just six teams) and tell me what “real” hs football looks like again ...

Two completely different animals here and I have the utmost respect for the inter ac but I also have the same amount of respect for the above mentioned “fake hs programs” as you put it ... both are great , even if you have your blinders on about the realities of both !!!

Enjoy the games going forward !!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT