ADVERTISEMENT

North Penn QB transfer

Pretty funny, I'm a public school guy, but was laughing pretty hard when a LS fan was getting on Beck and a NP fan started with the whole recruiting thing...bit my tongue knowing the QB situation at NP....pretty hard to stop now when schools and coaches have let this happen everywhere and with so many now...Situation like this really makes the Private school bashing look silly....

I heard from a reliable source that they sold their house in Doylestown and moved to Lansdale so he could play for North Penn. Looking at the product CB West is putting on the field I can't say I blame them.

Listened to Beck on 1440 pregame show and almost drove off the road when he cried about losing players over the years to PCL schools. What a hypocrite. Not to mention the fact he coaches one of the largest 4A schools in Pa. Only has 1 championship team to show for it and would have won at least 2 or 3 more if he was a better coach. If it weren't for the early 2000's Pettine carry-over and Coach Carey, he might not have any.

I heard from a reliable source that they sold their house in Doylestown and moved to Lansdale so he could play for North Penn. Looking at the product CB West is putting on the field I can't say I blame them.
WOW, WOW, WOW, WOW - Now that is extreme - Maybe Billy can jump right to the NFL and go pro NOW! What's the number for child services in Upper Bucks? They should pay these parents a visit and make sure that kid is "OK" ! Let's recap. They "Sold their house" so their son could play football in another school District! WOW, WOW, WOW (in your best Oprah voice)! The Realtors must be following this idiot around cashing his checks....what if he can't be successful at NP...maybe sell again and play for Pennridge!

WOW, WOW, WOW, WOW - Now that is extreme - Maybe Billy can jump right to the NFL and go pro NOW! What's the number for child services in Upper Bucks? They should pay these parents a visit and make sure that kid is "OK" ! Let's recap. They "Sold their house" so their son could play football in another school District! WOW, WOW, WOW (in your best Oprah voice)! The Realtors must be following this idiot around cashing his checks....what if he can't be successful at NP...maybe sell again and play for Pennridge!

This has been going on for years and continues today. I know of three kids who just moved into districts through houses or apartments to get into local programs where parents deemed the "opportunity" to be better than their local school district. These parents are all insane. Everybody going to be a division 1 player and have to get in the situation where everyone else realizes it. Moral breakdown of society. Situation isn't exactly what you want it to be just leave. Coach doesn't have the exact players he wants/needs go out and find somebody. Rampant at all levels right down to youth. Everyone thinks there is some payoff here after high school. Look at Neshaminy RB from few years ago. Great kid. Moved from Havertown to play for Neshaminy. Had spectacular year. Is at Albright. That is fantastic. However the whole reason he went up there was the big recruiters would find him at Neshaminy. Albright would have found him at Bonner, Haverford or Harriton. He will get a degree from Albright and hopefully play. Maybe even pay a little less. Huge win. Majority of parents I talk to honest to god mention D-1 and some talk pros. Crazy.

CB West was ranked 28th (publicly) in the state academically, CBE and CBS even better. What is NP ranked? Oh and New Hope Solebury HS was ranked 2nd. Why not move there?? lol

Well I hope this puts to rest the whole recruiting argument!! Probably not.
the talk is that the Udinski's did not sell their house in Central Bucks but are renting in the North penn district for next two years. It is widely known that this a football transfer only. The father coached at CB West the last couple years and was release due to the hazing issues. Beck can cry all he wants but he's knee deep in this whole recruiting issue now.

My boys were introduced to football in Bucks County. Lenape Valley Indians. There was a guy who ran the whole shebang from flag right up to the highest weight classification. His name was Udinski. Don't know if it's the same guy but if it is, he fits the type that goes over the top with sports and his kids. A real Alpha male!!!

Could have stayed in District then right? CBE or CBS? I think an investigation is in order just like in the wrestler's case a few years ago transferring from Pennsbury to CRS. The kid had to sit out a year.

Could have stayed in District then right? CBE or CBS? I think an investigation is in order just like in the wrestler's case a few years ago transferring from Pennsbury to CRS. The kid had to sit out a year.

That was Josh Dziewa who now wrestles at Iowa. His parents bought and moved into a house in Northampton Township and the PIAA still made him sit out a year. It's no secret he wanted to wrestle for Silimperi at CRS. He came back as a senior and won a state title.

there is really not much you can do if the original school( CBW) signs off onthe move. In the wrestlers case, the original school contested the transfer, which triggered a hearing to see if for athleitc purposes. Without any contest, the case goes before District 1 as an uncontested transfer andis almost always granted.

I think the only school district that routinely contets transfers is Upper Darby kids going to Bonner. but out west, in the WPIAL, those schools routinely refuse to sign off and the number of denials are proportionatley higher as a result.

I always thought the league should have a say in the transfer, not the original school. Often times the original school wants nothing to do with the kid,or is happy to see him go, or simply does not want a kid who really does not want to be there. But if Im in NPenns's league and i think i have a good shot at knocking them off this year due to spotty QB play and this kid suddenly transfers in, I think the league scholl should have a right to challenge the transfer if they think its for athletic purposes only.

It's not a common name and when it was announced during game, it caught me off guard. I thought there was a QB that was already slated for the QB position from NP? Anyhow, that name is also related to the former lacrosse coach at LC who made up a scandle due to his removal from coaching. Pretty big story on the news about 4 years ago.

the talk is that the Udinski's did not sell their house in Central Bucks but are renting in the North penn district for next two years. It is widely known that this a football transfer only. The father coached at CB West the last couple years and was release due to the hazing issues. Beck can cry all he wants but he's knee deep in this whole recruiting issue now.

His dad was a freshman coach, he was not let go because of the hazing (in fact none of the coaches were fired they just weren't hired by the new head coach, which is very common). It is believed that he was the cause of the false hazing story being pushed as far as it was, he had an issue with the HC and the OC.. He was not a team guy, he is a person of low morals and standards. I actually feel bad for his son, his father wont just him enjoy the game.

His dad was a freshman coach, he was not let go because of the hazing (in fact none of the coaches were fired they just weren't hired by the new head coach, which is very common). It is believed that he was the cause of the false hazing story being pushed as far as it was, he had an issue with the HC and the OC.. He was not a team guy, he is a person of low morals and standards. I actually feel bad for his son, his father wont just him enjoy the game.
There was also another father involved that didn't want Hensel as HC. Hensel was a stand up guy and IMo a decent coach.

Reactions: paul from philly
I noticed the new transfer QB threw 2 picks in his debut. Where was NP's QB from last year? #12? He lead them to a conference co-championship, by beating Pennsbury and was a 2 point conversion away(CB South) from going 7-0? He was out for the NP playoff loss/debacle w/ a concussion last year.Why did he not get a shot after he brought them back from their 1-2 start, coming off the bench?

Reactions: paul from philly
I have been a long time reader to this forum, however this is my first time posting.

Reading this thread has been interesting to say the least. I feel bad for the kid who transferred to NP, in all honesty he has been put into a no-win situation by his father and his coach and regardless of how he performs he will have to pay for their sins the next two years with everyone guessing why he transferred and what secrete deals were made. This young man is trying to be an adult while those who are supposed to be educating him are acting like children.

Also I have to correct the poster who mentioned the QB from last year, there were actually two QBs who fought all through summer camp and into the fall to see who would get the starting job. In the end # 12 did win the position (I forget the other kids number), where I am going with this is, you have to QBs who were good enough to bring you a co-conf championship and take you into the playoffs?? So my question is, what happened to them that you felt the need to bring in someone to replace them before they had a chance to play and either succeed or fail this season??

So when coach Beck wonders why he is losing kids to PCL schools all he as to do is look in the mirror. At least at those schools they do not hide the fact that they have open enrollment (call it recruiting if that make you feel better) so you know the deal once you sign up to attend / play at a PCL school.

Reactions: lilromeo
This is no big deal. This is not recruiting when someone moves into your district. You don't recruit potential division III players. Beck may wish it didn't happened.

Well it's not pin the tail on the donkey either. Let's see: CBE, CBS, New Hope, Pennridge, Palisades, CRS, CRN, Tennent, H-H, Wood (They been there done that) Lansdale Cath.(NOT!!) or NORTH PENN. All adjacent schools to choose from. Eeny, Meeny, Miny Moe.......Let's just call it cherry picking then.

This is no big deal. This is not recruiting when someone moves into your district. You don't recruit potential division III players. Beck may wish it didn't happened.

He just may regret it. His father is relentless. Again, I feel for the kid. I think he would have been better at CBW, this is all bout his fathers needs, not the player.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT