*Rummel #24 in USA Today top 25

St John Bosco (CA) 56
St. Peter's Prep 14
*SJB #3 in USA Today top 25

St. Edward's (OH) 31
Bergen Catholic 28
*Bergen Catholic #22 in USA Today top 25
Surprised at the Bergan Catholic loss.

St. John Bosco out of Bellflower is tearing it up of late. They play in the tough Trinity League which includes JSerra, Mater Dei, Orange Lutheran, Santa Margarita and Servite (MaxPreps ranks Trinity as the second toughest league in the country). In their five games this year Boscp has scored 320 and given up 53 for an average of 64 to 10.

Out here in SoCal Centennial is generally regarding as #1 in the state with St. John Bosco next. Mater Dei and De La Salle are 3 and 4. You also have Long Beach Poly, Bishop Amat, Mission Viejo and Serra in that Top Ten which puts a whole bunch of those squads in each other's backyard (Centennial, St. John Bosco and Mater Dei are also in the Top Fifteen nationally with Vegas' Bishop Gorman getting a lot of number one votes - they have some kids from SoCal).

Totally agree and I'm a little shocked that the Trinity League is only ranked #2 in the nation. I can't imagine a league with more top-to-bottom.

Not sure I agree with Centennial being regarded as best in the state though. They're below SJB in 2 of the 3 major national rankings. But I may be a little biased living in the heart of Trinity League country. Hopefully we'll get to see them square off in the CIF playoffs.

http://vype.com/nationalhsfootball/...into-top-25-of-high-school-football-rankings/

http://usatodayhss.com/rankings/expert/boys/football/2015/7

http://www.maxpreps.com/news/uvWPPI...reps-top-25-high-school-football-rankings.htm

SoCal -

Now you see, SoCal, there's your problem -- you live right in the middle of the Holy Trinity (ha - Pope shoulda been out here).

Actually, I think that 48-41 ding in Bosco's closer last year (thank you to Centennial) is why the Huskie's get a bit of an edge from some -- not all, just some (but I wouldn't argue about the Braves being on top).

PS Most of my die-hard "high school fans" type buddies are down your way and/or live in Mission Viejo and San Clemente so rest assured, I get pounded about all the teams when I'm down there (one of the guys is also close to the Bosco program too so I get the scoop on them -- they're tough).

And don't forget Josh "Chosen" Rosen (SJB) is already one of the best college QBs in the country!

Carson Palmer (Santa Margarita) is doing OK also :)

If you want to follow Jersey FB, there are plenty of boards around; let's stick to Pennsylvania.

PA has had a few pretty good QB's.....Jim Kelly, Johnny Unitas, Dan Marino, Joe Namath, Joe Montana to name a few...

That's a funny comment (let's stick to Pa ball) especially when you consider that St. Joseph's Prep plays Don Bosco while there are no end of comments about "the Northern League" and recruiting in the Garden State (with many ancillary threads about how good or bad Jersey football is overall and in comparison to PA ball plus "they really don't have state champions, etc., etc.) and then the post about how three of the North Jersey teams did this weekend which would appear a deserved topic owing to the "ties" of those teams to local clubs and then the fact that this is a site devoted to high school football while the last time I looked this site is not just PA high school football but "high school football" (although I will admit that Pennsylvania high school football is its gravamen). The point, though, is that low level activity following a "throw away/passing the time" post gets the admonition to "stand down" on such "thoughts" or "considerations" (by implication).

So -- that's funny (the "thought police" have arrived).

PS Bishop Gorman in Las Vegas, Nevada is the best high school team in the United States. I'm planning a trip to "Sin City" to have some fun and I'm coordinating it with one of their home games so I can see what they look like in person -- I mean they are the best there is (I'd like to see the Gaels play Don Bosco on October 23 but I can't get back to New Jersey on that weekend -- anybody going to see that one how about providing some post-game details and thoughts).

And check out their site: http://www.bggaelsfootball.com/ (Gorman is bad ass).

That's a funny comment (let's stick to Pa ball) especially when you consider that St. Joseph's Prep plays Don Bosco while there are no end of comments about "the Northern League" and recruiting in the Garden State (with many ancillary threads about how good or bad Jersey football is overall and in comparison to PA ball plus "they really don't have state champions, etc., etc.) and then the post about how three of the North Jersey teams did this weekend which would appear a deserved topic owing to the "ties" of those teams to local clubs and then the fact that this is a site devoted to high school football while the last time I looked this site is not just PA high school football but "high school football" (although I will admit that Pennsylvania high school football is its gravamen). The point, though, is that low level activity following a "throw away/passing the time" post gets the admonition to "stand down" on such "thoughts" or "considerations" (by implication).

So -- that's funny (the "thought police" have arrived).

PS Bishop Gorman in Las Vegas, Nevada is the best high school team in the United States. I'm planning a trip to "Sin City" to have some fun and I'm coordinating it with one of their home games so I can see what they look like in person -- I mean they are the best there is (I'd like to see the Gaels play Don Bosco on October 23 but I can't get back to New Jersey on that weekend -- anybody going to see that one how about providing some post-game details and thoughts).

And check out their site: http://www.bggaelsfootball.com/ (Gorman is bad ass).
I enjoy good high school football . I hope this game will make national TV. St.Thomas Aquinas is the best I have seen this year.If the Prep/ Boscoe series continues ,I think the Prep will eventually catch up.[at least I hope they do]

If you want to follow Jersey FB, there are plenty of boards around; let's stick to Pennsylvania.

As soon as you take official ownership/oversight of this message board, you can dictate to the rest of us what we can post about. Until then, not so much.

Also, if you don't care to read about NJ scores, don't click on a thread with that as the title/topic.

Reactions: lilromeo
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT