ADVERTISEMENT

North Hills starts off 4-0, now 6-3, can the Indians make the playoffs?

wpialcoach

Aug 27, 2018
North Hills starts season 2-0 with an explosive offense led by Tyler Brennan and an improving defense. Facing Kiski this week, can they make it 3-0?

North Hills starts season 2-0 with an explosive offense led by Tyler Brennan and an improving defense. Facing Kiski this week, can they make it 3-0?
Well, if they can't against Kiski there's you answer. But something is wrong when you don't see NA on their schedule, regardless of the recent jerseyfied classification change.

Reactions: JACKY6996
Well, if they can't against Kiski there's you answer. But something is wrong when you don't see NA on
Well, if they can't against Kiski there's you answer. But something is wrong when you don't see NA on their schedule, regardless of the recent jerseyfied classification change.

NA has just become to big to compete against, at the same time NH has lost numbers. If Coach Carey does not win this year, he is as good as gone. That being said, just saw Kiski on tape and it should be a great game. Kiski is well coached and play hard. Looking forward to Friday night.

NA has just become to big to compete against, at the same time NH has lost numbers. If Coach Carey does not win this year, he is as good as gone. That being said, just saw Kiski on tape and it should be a great game. Kiski is well coached and play hard. Looking forward to Friday night.
I hear you coach but believe some things shouldn't change; FSU v Fla, Okla v Tex, Pitt v PSU....and NA v NH. Should be a good one, but tough at NH who's running up some big numbers.

NH and NA could have scheduled each other week 0 and did not. Instead, North Hill decided to schedule Butler who is possibly the worst team in the state. And NA scheduled COF Academy - a brand new team/school who has yet to win a game. They could have easily played and did not.

NH should end up 2nd or 3rd in their conference behind Penn Hills and maybe Mars. But they have a long long way to go to compete on a consistent basis with the 5A powers of Gateway, West A, Upper St, Clair, Bethel Park, McKeesport and Penn Trafford.

Here is a link to an article about Tyler Brennen, who is off to a nice start for the Indians.

NA and NH would be a great atmosphere and gate.

I am thinking they can beat Mars, but PH is in a class of its own. I think 2nd place finish results in a good seeding and perhaps a trip to at least the Quarter-Finals. Lets get past Kiski.

NH improves to 3-0 with the win over a much improved Kiski. Another big game from Brennan. This week Hampton, who lost to Shaler. Should be able to improve to 4-0.

Indians improve to 4-0 with a 3-0 win over Hampton! Hampton played a great game, very well-coached. Hats off to them, but I am glad we are undefeated! Got a tough game coming this week with Peters Township, who just dropped down to 5A and beat West Allegheny this week. Good luck NH

From Pittsburgh Trib:

No. 4 Peters Township (3-1) at No. 5 North Hills (4-0)

Undefeated North Hills hosts Peters Township in a nonconference showdown Friday night. Last week, North Hills edged Hampton, 3-0, while Peters Township rolled over West Allegheny, 42-28. Peters Township’s only loss this season came in Week 1 to Upper St. Clair. Quarterback Logan Pfeuffer has thrown for 447 yards and four touchdowns for Peters. North Hills senior playmaker Tyler Brennan has more than 500 rushing yards for the Indians. Both teams are averaging around 30 points and allowing fewer than 15. Chick’s Picks is going with home-field advantage in this one. … North Hills over Peters Township.

Coach- I know you believe Pat Carey has them back at The glory days of 87. They have had a nice start but I honestly I think Peters wins by 14. PT run D should handle NH one dimensional offense.

Coach- I know you believe Pat Carey has them back at The glory days of 87. They have had a nice start but I honestly I think Peters wins by 14. PT run D should handle NH one dimensional offense.

Would you take the ‘87 or ‘93 team?

Would you take the ‘87 or ‘93 team?
Rover - Great comparison... I have to say 87 only because I saw them in person and they were # 1 in the County. The first team D did not let up a point all year. Both were very very good teams and McCurray was a great coach, Gus Naumann the great d-coordinator. Do you believe the school board tried firing McCurrray before hey hired Pat Carey , Pat was his runnin back defensive back on 87 who went to James Madison but had many D1 offers, Cisar went to PSU, Gorjikowski Pitt , Cohen Moorhead , Bendersmc state,!parade all American Renkey PSU, and there are more but I forget. Hitchcock went somewhere too... fill me in on 93 team not as familiar. ..I know they beat West with coach K from pine and Arlington was a freshman running back .

At some point I’m going to run a series of posts on all the big school state champs, but the ‘93 team beat CB West in the final with Kasperowicz scoring and then hitting Arrington on a two-point conversion. Maybe the best final 4 ever, with that classic final, CB West hanging on to a 6-3 win over Easton in the Eastern Final and North Hills beating Erie Central 15-7 by stopping them on a 4th and goal inside the 5 in the final minutes.

Kasperowicz was state player of the year at QB, Lavar at running back. Ken Bollens was a 1,000 yard receiver back when that never happened, and I think played at Dartmouth. I don’t have my document in front of me, but I think they had a two-way linemen who played at NC State (Seamus Murphy maybe?).

Reactions: Soup13
That was a tough one. NH did not play up to their potential and did not have Brennan, which is their entire offense, but hats off to PT. They have a great defense and they have athletes all over the field on offense and special teams. On to Gateway.

Last edited:
Peters is good but Gateway is better and Penn Hills is better ..., tough 5A comp!!!!

Gateway tonight. Not sure if Brennan is playing tonight, not sure if that would make a difference.

The Indians play Mars this week after rallying back to beat Shaler. This should be a great game for Nh if everyone is healthy.

I remember when Peters Township was a joke of a program. Man how things have changed Preters TWP is tough and Woodland Hills is awful WOW

I remember when Peters Township was a joke of a program. Man how things have changed Preters TWP is tough and Woodland Hills is awful WOW

Agree. PT lost to Cannon Mac though so go figure. They have a strong soph & jr class after that are going to be same old same old. Woody almost knocked off USC and then West A. Their D is very good and like last year getting better every week. With Novak gone its an uphill battle in the short term.

PT is having a great season, but no one is in the keeping up with Gateway or Penn Hills, kind of disappointing knowing all of our seasons will end there. Players and coaches put in all that time, all year long, just to lose to one of those two teams.

Bethel Park, Peters Township and Baldwin will all move back up next realignment to steady Class 6A, making it 12 teams and 2 Conferences, for a better play off format. This will leave for 7 teams and 3 Conferences in Class 5A.

Last edited:
Bethel Park, Peters Township and Baldwin will all move back up next realignment to steady Class 6A, making it 12 teams and 2 Conferences, for a better play off format. This will leave for 7 teams and 3 Conferences in Class 5A.

If Bethel or Baldwin moved up, it would be surprising. Same with North Hills. Those districts are losing kids. I could see Peters Twp going back up though. That area is growing.

Reactions: JACKY6996
I don't think that Gateway is going to have 3 D-1 kids on a team at one time again either. I think 5A will get even more balanced after this year.

PT is having a great season, but no one is in the keeping up with Gateway or Penn Hills, kind of disappointing knowing all of our seasons will end there. Players and coaches put in all that time, all year long, just to lose to one of those two teams.

I could not agree more and throw in a young McKeesport and Penn Trafford getting better every week. USC, West A, Peters, Bethel Park might win one playoff between them depending on how seeds fall. 6A needs the teams you mentioned to make it whole, it was not thought out well.

I could not agree more and throw in a young McKeesport and Penn Trafford getting better every week. USC, West A, Peters, Bethel Park might win one playoff between them depending on how seeds fall. 6A needs the teams you mentioned to make it whole, it was not thought out well.

Penn Trafford has the "been there, done that" factor under Ruane, they know how to win. Bethel Park, Peters Township and Baldwin are the next biggest schools close to being 6A. That will have little affect on Pine-Richland, North Allegheny and Central Catholic.

Nice bounce back game last night after 3 losses. Looking to Shaler, we beat up on them last year. Shaler dropped down to 5A and got their first win in 3 years this season, they are still struggling, but much improved. Should be a great game. NH by 10.

Need a win against a much improved Shaler team, their only weakness is the offensive line, but have some skill players. Can they match up with North Hills? NO, North HIlls needs the win, NH by 10.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT