ADVERTISEMENT

North Allegheny

new2pa

Nov 9, 2014
I posted this in another forum and thought it would be interesting to share here:

Had some time today to think about this. I've not been here long enough to go way back, but since Coach K has taken over, here is how 4A/6A has stacked up.

State Championships: P-R 1, PCC 1

State Runnerup: P-R 1, PCC 2

WPIAL Championships: P-R 3, PCC 3

Going deeper, here who's made the WPIAL 4A/6A championship game since 2013:

PCC: 5x

PR: 3x

Seneca Valley: 2x

Woodland Hills: 1x

Penn Trafford: 1x

Butler: 0x

Shaler: 0x

Hempfield: 0x

Canon McMillan: 0x

Norwin: 0x

North Allegheny: 0x

That begs the question - has Walker ever won by developing kids from 7-12? People tell me the 2010 championship team was mostly home grown kids, but the 2011 and 2012 teams relied heavily on Leftwich and Kugler. In watching NA, they always looked very well coached, but its also like watching teams from the 70's and 80's on offense.

I posted this in another forum and thought it would be interesting to share here:

Had some time today to think about this. I've not been here long enough to go way back, but since Coach K has taken over, here is how 4A/6A has stacked up.

State Championships: P-R 1, PCC 1
I don't follow NA ,but what I know is much of what you describe .They are perceived as a tough bunch with lineman that arrive at D-1 programs periodically.
State Runnerup: P-R 1, PCC 2

WPIAL Championships: P-R 3, PCC 3

Going deeper, here who's made the WPIAL 4A/6A championship game since 2013:

PCC: 5x

PR: 3x

Seneca Valley: 2x

Woodland Hills: 1x

Penn Trafford: 1x

Butler: 0x

Shaler: 0x

Hempfield: 0x

Canon McMillan: 0x

Norwin: 0x

North Allegheny: 0x

That begs the question - has Walker ever won by developing kids from 7-12? People tell me the 2010 championship team was mostly home grown kids, but the 2011 and 2012 teams relied heavily on Leftwich and Kugler. In watching NA, they always looked very well coached, but its also like watching teams from the 70's and 80's on offense.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT