ADVERTISEMENT

Neumann-Goretti vs West Catholic - Who you got?

Coaching is what they are missing. I think HC Zipay is a great guy and can coach defenses but he doesn't have a delegated coaching staff. Seems like a group of guys that are asked to check on players but not have a stake in the play calling or input. Versus a Imhotep or NG for that matter has assistants how do have input and game time suggestions. Gratz is missing that.

Are you a coach at NG? How would you know how much input anyone has there after roughly 8 weeks of being together? Just curious....

This board hates Albie Crosby, because he can out coach your favorite coach outside of Infante, He's relateable to the players and he wins... Travel outside of PA, the people in football communities respect Coach Crosby for his contributions on and off the field

Do you recall the state playoff game at Germantown HS when his LOADED Tep team came up short to a WING T Wyomissing team?

Please stop acting like this guy is an X and O guru.

Jeeze for someone who states that they are simply a fan of high school football, you do in fact seem to have a rooting interest.

No-one here "hates" Coach Crosby. Move on.

Are you a coach at NG? How would you know how much input anyone has there after roughly 8 weeks of being together? Just curious....
I'm around enough to observe the differences in coaching styles. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out. Point that I'm making is coaching styles weighs as well in addition to having talent. If you don't care for Coach Albie, I get it, but the man has solidified himself across the state. When you are successful they Love You or Hate You!

Well after reading all of the post , I hope tonight’s game is as advertised! Some good HS Football back between 2 inter city teams

Reactions: OwlRB09
Do you recall the state playoff game at Germantown HS when his LOADED Tep team came up short to a WING T Wyomissing team?

Please stop acting like this guy is an X and O guru.

Jeeze for someone who states that they are simply a fan of high school football, you do in fact seem to have a rooting interest.

No-one here "hates" Coach Crosby. Move on.
So when most of you dweebs insinuate that Tep was LOADED, please tell me how many D1 athletes they had on the roster. Meaning no offers or interest. Maybe David Williams but other than that a majority seniors signed with D2 colleges. But damn it if he didn't develop those younger kids and won states 2 years later. Took a not so competitive Charter School and made history.

West's prime years were 2006-2011. The school was closing after their state semifinal lost in '11. They ended up staying open. West has been a solid team since then, relatively speaking, but not on par with those past years. I do attribute some of that to Imhotep's emergence. IC gave inner-city kids another prominent program, in a hotbed area for youth football, and that is free to choose from.

Again, those Imhotep teams were stacked. Just stop it with the youth stuff. Yea, they had a good mix of players from different classes early on but they were CLEARLY superior to WC in those years.
Carry on. You make no sense in this statement. What is stacked? WC was stacked with kids from the NW section of the city. Still gets talent through the doors. Stop whining! I can name a list of kids that came to WC from far and wide when they were on their state run. No one was complaining then. Oh let me guess, someone was on the staff at that time. Kick rocks buddy!

I'm around enough to observe the differences in coaching styles. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out. Point that I'm making is coaching styles weighs as well in addition to having talent. If you don't care for Coach Albie, I get it, but the man has solidified himself across the state. When you are successful they Love You or Hate You!

I never said coaching styles didn't matter and I never said anything about Albie. I said that Imhotep was clearly more talented than those WC teams. And that is a fact.

Reactions: roxychknpoxy
Carry on. You make no sense in this statement. What is stacked? WC was stacked with kids from the NW section of the city. Still gets talent through the doors. Stop whining! I can name a list of kids that came to WC from far and wide when they were on their state run. No one was complaining then. Oh let me guess, someone was on the staff at that time. Kick rocks buddy!

WC was not stacked in those games with Imhotep. Not even close. they had ok talent. Imhotep has exceptional talent from top to bottom.

No one said West didn't have talented teams. In fact, I clearly said they did from 2006-2011. That was their prime years. Who is whining? I'm simply pointing out that Imhotep was much more talented and deeper than WC in those years.

Are you implying that Albie was the straw that stirred the WC drink back then? He contributed, but he wasn't the head coach and he wasn't even with the program for all those years. He coached at LaSalle for 2-3 years.

So when most of you dweebs insinuate that Tep was LOADED, please tell me how many D1 athletes they had on the roster. Meaning no offers or interest. Maybe David Williams but other than that a majority seniors signed with D2 colleges. But damn it if he didn't develop those younger kids and won states 2 years later. Took a not so competitive Charter School and made history.

Made history, how? They won a state championship. Whats historic about winning state? 6 teams do it every single year.
Did they have a 55-60 game winning streak that I missed?

As for your comment questioning just how loaded that Tep team that lost to Wyomissing was, I just took a look at teds site and stopped counting after the first 3 leading rushers. ALL D1. They were HEAVY favorites in that game.

And no, this isn't Albie hate. I am stating facts. Plain and simple.

Well it was a good game, very impressed with both defenses, Neuman just has the more talented skill positions, and Neumann’s special teams are very well coached or just well placed , all and all these two teams played a entertaining game!

And what I’m noticing on this thread, there is whoever plays NG they are for, what I seen tonight was a good team beat another good team, just Neuman looked like they simply had more talent, why would South fayette get thrown in the discussion?

Ok so , prep Red Neuman blue, who are the city’s public teams?

2A doesn't have a city title game, but a Subregional tourney between D-1 and D-12. Mansion will represent the PUB because there are no other 2A PUB teams. Bristol will represent D-1 because the only other team is VFA and they haven't won a game. N-G is in driver seat to be the PCL rep. The fourth team will either be WC or McDevitt and it will be based on the point system. My guess is that it will be WC unless they completely collapse.

3A will be School of the Future and either LC/CE. LC just beat them, but I'm not sure if that's what they go by or if it's a point thing. I'll check on that one. There isn't a PCL 3A playoff.

4A Imhotep vs more than likely O'Hara. O'Hara will have to beat B-P in a playoff first. They just beat BP 21-0 two weeks ago. Bartram is currently (6-0), so maybe they can give imhotep a scare. Not sure about that, but they have a dynamic QB and some athletes.

5A Gratz vs Wood.

6A looks like Northeast vs either SJP/LaSalle. I'm not handing SJP that title just yet. Favorite? Sure. Lock? No.

Reactions: Aragorn
Huck,

Two pretty surprising upsets in the pcl blue division this week. Mcdevitt losing at home to Bonner and CEC losing to LC.

I was very impressed with LC on the ground. For the 2nd straight week they had 2 guys go for over 100 yards.

CEC will pretty much have to win out and need some help from Mcdevitt or O'Hara along the way.

Mcdevitt comes to CEC this week. How do these teams matchup? I have yet to see the Lancers this season. Was last week a NG hang over?

Huck,

Two pretty surprising upsets in the pcl blue division this week. Mcdevitt losing at home to Bonner and CEC losing to LC.

I was very impressed with LC on the ground. For the 2nd straight week they had 2 guys go for over 100 yards.

CEC will pretty much have to win out and need some help from Mcdevitt or O'Hara along the way.

Mcdevitt comes to CEC this week. How do these teams matchup? I have yet to see the Lancers this season. Was last week a NG hang over?

With everything being equal CE should be able to win this game. I just think they are a bit stronger on the OL/DL and have better skill kids, led by Garwo. However, CE routinely shoots themselves in the foot with turnovers and other mistakes.

BM had a 14-0 lead late in the 1st half. They fumbled near midfield and BP scored a few players later. Changed the whole complexion of the game. Also, BM allowed the one BP playmaker to beat them. Five total turnovers, while BP only turned it over once. Even so, BM got to the 9-yard late and fumbled there. BP couldn't run out the clock and BM got it back at the 50. They drove to 14, but had a pass intercepted on the last play of the game.

As far as CE/LC go and that PCL 3A spot, CE is going to have to finish ahead of LC in the standings. CE is (0-2) and LC is (2-1) as of today. Assuming both lose to NG, then CE needs to beat BP, CO, and BM. LC would have to lose to BM and CO. Pretty much what Dada said above.

Thanks Huck.

As crazy as that scenario may sound, I think there is still hope for CE. But you nailed it, as well as LC played friday night. CE controlled that game at times and had chances to go up double digits on LC at several points.

CE is extremely young and they start several freshmen on defense. This team has very high potential next yr and the following. But when you have a guy like Garwo you don't want any years to go to waste. Garwo and Majors are as good as two players you will find not just in the PCL but all of Bucks County.

At this point it would be nice to see that last game of the season vs NG decide that 3A spot. While CE would be huge dogs in that game, it would still be nice to see them finish this season strong. Hopefully they pick up a thanksgiving game again as well.

Not to mention it would be nice to get some revenge on BP and O'Hara from last season.

Burrs, other than penalties, how was the LC WC game so tight? I expected West to dominate the game but it seems LC more than held their own.
After seeing LC against NG I can see how they held their own vs West. This is Catholic League football at it's best. LC no different than any other CL team in that you may beat us but we're going to make you earn it. Been that way since I played in the CL and I know it was like that before me.

Reactions: lilromeo
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT