ADVERTISEMENT

Neshaminy - Pennsbury playing for the top seed in D1?

You are correct: bragging rights, conference title and #1 playoff seed on the line. Falcon Field will be rockin' on Friday night.

Relayer & Hood -

I did a little cocktail napkin math this morning too and it seems the winner of the 'Skins v. Birds tussle will earn enough points to take the number one slot in the D1 6A playoff seeding (and if that team gets to the D1 final that would mean four straight home games).

Pretty cool.

I also think this game will give us a much better idea about just how good Neshaminy and Pennsbury really are (or if one or the other - or both - have been over-hyped or under appreciated so far).

I'd also say Falcon Field is gonna be jammed.

Then as to last night efforts, I formed the Impression that the Moleskinners were looking ahead to Fairless Hills. And maybe the Falcons were doing that too as both squads were underwhelming early on (against CR South and Abington) but ultimately they each did what was necessary to bank the Ws.

Anyway, it should be a great game next Friday.

Go 'Skins!!!

Last edited:
Believe I just read several ideas with regard to changes in district seeding that may be coming soon. Saw both these teams and neither close to a 1 seed as np, garnet, coatesville and d east much better. But it is what it is. Good luck to both teams in the playoffs. Looks like currently np a #5 seed, d east 6 and coatesville 7. Seems kind of crazy.

Fletch, could very well be the case. I didn't have the guts call that! How are they both undefeated right now? Just a really down year in their conference?

Both have one loss; Pennsbury to a solid North Penn team, but the Skins lost a mess of a game to Dtown West. The Skins also struggled with Abington, Roman, and CB South (CR South until the 4th), so they'll need to be much better against the Falcons.

Watching that Abington game has me jaded. But, a little playoff run this year should do wonders for 2018 and 2019.

This game is one of those can't miss games. Both squads have some warts, but both teams can conceivably beat anyone in district. Ok, Pennsbury can't beat North Penn because they just can't. With Neshaminy, it always depends on which Redskins team shows up. The Truman Skins are the Skins at their apex. The Redskins almost every other week seemed to have one thing or another blemish their performance. Some games the DL is dominant, they will need that against the Falcons Friday night. Tackling has been another issue. A third is that the OL seems to be having a hard time giving McAndrew time to throw deep to Manzyk or Joyce. Manzyk has been really limited offensively this year due to usage (resting on O for his defensive responsibilities), and the lack of long balls.
As Zach Demarcus goes, so goes Pennsbury. He has been terrific and will be a problem for the Skins sloppy tackling and sporadic pass D. It will be up to the Skins DL, Manzyk, Garlick, and Majors, Hughes/Ampofo to keep him under control in the pocket and rushed to throw.
It should be a classic.

#11 looks like he could become a real player; runs really well and is obviously strong as an ox. Now he just needs to learn how to be a football player.

IronMarshal, et al. -

Not claiming to be prescient in the least, I have mentioned to more than a few folks that I believed this year's Pennsbury team was not to be overlooked.

But not requiring a rocket-scientist to opine as to this season's solid Falcon group -- with the shakedown year of 2016 behind Coach McShane, and his pedigree too, coupled with the numbers and quality of the players they produce year in and year out -- they are what they are - Pennsbury - and a Pennsbury that is looking pretty solid (just the 29-20 loss marring their season so far while operating a bit under the radar to date).

Then Marshall is right about which 'Skins team showing up being the difference maker. As it is, they look to have almost all the pieces yet almost each game it's as if one of the elements lags and puts a drag on things. So let's watch for a complete performance tomorrow night as that is what it will take, no doubt.

Go 'Skins!!

I'll take Pennsbury in this one. I think their OL will control the game if McShane committs to running the ball. Also, I don't see Neshaminy having near flawless execution, which is needed in these big games. As others have pointed out, they have struggled to put together a full game. I think turnovers and missed tackles come back to bite them here.

Bruce, Glenn and Hugh hit the nail on the head. This Skins team is way overrated. Despite having a ton of D1 prospects, they have completely underachieved. They will have no answers tonight.

The Neshaminy staff has a very unique way of getting there team prepared for the Falcons. Especially on the road. It may be a new staff there at PB but the fact most ppl are picking the Falcons makes me think again...Nesh wins this one similar to the way they did two yrs ago at Falcon Field.

Example to earlier in the season vs Truman. You have the old Pbury staff there and most ppl were picking Truman or if they weren't all the talk was going to Truman. Look what happened..

It looks like these two teams are pretty even, but probably a few steps behind the top tier in District 1. Nice win for the Skins to grab the #1 seed!

Bruce, Glenn and Hugh hit the nail on the head. This Skins team is way overrated. Despite having a ton of D1 prospects, they have completely underachieved. They will have no answers tonight.

I'm curious to hear who the D1 prospects are on this year's Neshaminy squad? #5. Who else?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT