ADVERTISEMENT

Neshaminy - Abington

IronMarshal

Jul 13, 2002
Neshaminy is shreading Abington, easily marching downfield on the first two drives for scores. Abington looks pretty small physically. Can't stop the run. 13-0 five thirty o go in first

Kretchman leads an Abington reply with a couple of key passes and some nice runs by himself. Drive aided by an early PI to keep the drive going. Neshaminy answers with another drive. Dogba is rolling along with no answer by the Ghosts 20-7 at the end of one.

Sorbet inexplicably goes for it on 4th and one and Abongton is stopped short. Despite getting the ball at the Abington 42, the Skins are stopped for the first time. After three plays Abington ties to punt. Bad snap and the Redskins get a very short field. Dogba fumbles at the goal line but the Skins recover in the end zone TD. 27-7 with 6 to go in the half

Marshall -

I see they were letting it run out and then Jones hit Tredway (I think) at the five and then the clock burned out (maybe they didn't want to rub it in).

What's good and what's bad? And is it just Abington is having an off year? Dogba seems to be picking up some yards (must be near 150 with a couple of scores -- but lost the handle on the one Hughes fell on in the back ten).

Well then, the final was 47-7. I'm thinking the Ghosts are having an off year as it didn't seem as if they could get much going. Nice for our guys, though, to get some subs in and stretch their legs a bit (yikes - Abington at 0-4 and that's been a while).

Skinner, it was Hughes, third and 10 or so. My angle made it look like inside the 5. I was seated in the second row at the 40, hard to see were the lines are.
Dogba left the game after the fumble TD in the third. Game was out of reach and it gave Pirrone a chance to carry the rock.
Abington is just not good. They were pushed around mostly. Had a few nice stops, but mostly there were nice holes for the Skins. Abington QB Kretchman left the game pretty early too, third period I believe after he was almost sacked and threw the ball away. It was grounding, inside the tackle box and no where near the los, but uncalled. Then they had the bad snap.
Skins ran the ball well. While I was leaving, the subs were driving upfield. I guess that was the final six.
No big runs up the middle against the D. That was an improvement. Neshaminy looked good and Abington was very bad.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT