ADVERTISEMENT

My New Hero

Originally posted by sammyk:
I agree with you on a lot except Palin my God but anyway, can there be better leadership 100% yes will we get it? That is the question. Look next election on the Dems side it will more than likely be Clinton, she will come in with some dirty laundry plain and simple, and I wanted her over Obama and most would agree with me that she would have been better but that aside she has flaws for sure. Now the Reps, there is a large pool that jockeying for power position some have good ideas others are flawed as much as Clinton maybe even worse. Right now you have

Paul- Some of his ideas I can agree with, he is not as crazy as say Huckabee but let's just see how he plays his politics, the anti vaccine thing has me watching him he is a doctor for Christ sake but he is the one Rep I kind of like.

Christie- loud mouth, overbearing, condescending, know it all. If he is the face of our nation and in power to show his a$$ on a world stage we got problems. Plus his state is reeling.

Busch III- HMMM HMMMM I think he would have been a better President than his brother but I think that his time has passes and what Bush II did will hurt him. But it is early so we will see, I need to see what his platform is before I can jump on or jump off

Walker- Seems to be the rising star in the Republican party but his stance on education troubles me and I do not mean just breaking up teachers unions he is into cutting deep the higher education systems as well so this guy to me is neither hot nor cold but as a pro education guy so far is a no.

Huckabee- to crazy this guy believes that the world is 10,000 years old, the bible is 100% accurate and what his preacher says is gospel, his religious views are so evangelic judgmental views scare me, he would have been a great politician say during the Salem Witch trials.

So to me the Reps have a few good ones but how far will they sink to appease the far right to win, the one that is closer to the middle and I think that is Paul to me is the best choice
Christie's state is reeling because of 30-40 years of poor liberal policies. It is hard to turn around that mess in 5-6 years. He has done some good things, but the 9% (top level) state income tax drives people out of the state, myself included.

Walker might be a good choice, but he might also need more time. Check out Ben Carson. He's not an official candidate yet, but he is a very common-sense type of guy and easily the smartest guy in the bunch. Would be a great leader.

Well I have 2 years to give an honest look at the candidates, but the person who is the closest to the center is the one I will pay attention to, guns this or god that I am out

Just remember one thing Sammy, the media is going to throw a lot of mud at some of the leading GOP candidates. It's just the way it works, so factor that into your thinking.

By the way, how about the Brian Williams (NBC) scandal? Are you following that? It will tell you all you need to know about today's left-wing, drive-by media.

Left wing and Right wing media is all screwed up, MSNBC and FOX news are both horrible and I do take into account what the media says and does, i am not a person that believes just because it is on TV it is accurate. I will read up on what the candidates say and write, and how they vote.

The media is more about entertainment then news these days. Remember what LBJ said during the Vietnam war about Walter Cronkite? "If we lose Cronkite, we're finished!" The public trusted Cronkite so much that if he didn't go along with an idea then it was a dead issue. You have to build trust and Brian Williams spent too much time on the Letterman Show.

I agree they are talking heads all of them, that is why I take them with a grain of salt

We are not talking about "talking heads." We are talking about liars. Brian Williams told a 12-year lie about having been shot down. The NY Times has flat-out made up stories in the past (example: Jason Blair) and slanted stories so far to the left that it is sad.

You say that Fox News is also screwed up. Please let me know of the specific Fox-related issues that have been anywhere near as big as the two aforementioned stories. It is not even close, Sammy.

And Williams is also being caught in an apparent lie about having seen a person floating down the street from his New Orleans hotel window in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina. The problem was that part of the city was relatively dry and there is debate as to whether he even had a street view from his room.

Going back further, you have the lies by Dan Rather about "W". It just goes on and on Sammy.

But again, I challenge you to provide similar events at Fox News.

Very simply Palin would have done a better job than King o because the people in cabinet positions would have been qualified individuals looking to get a job done. King o has tried to put every unqualified Marxist/redistributionist/racist in positions of power he could find. Sam, How many of King o's freak show have resigned or should?

So you consider Fox News and MSNBC in the same breath Sam....braindead! As NJ said, you have not provided anything to support your anti Fox sentiment. You prob have never watched it....

Come on man Fox News is wrong all the time and puts hoof in mouth there you go being a homer again and Palin COME ON she is an idiot can you be any less objective. Rove and Coulter one is a babbling fool and one is well no need to insult female dogs. Fox News has lied anywhere from saying liberals run the insurance companies and plugged for Obama care to saying second hand smoke is not dangerous to liberals have found a way to kick conservatives off of facebook ro there will be death squads due to OBama care. What's next the earth is flat and the sun revolves around the earth, it is too easy to find stuff about Fox News and I do watch it and often I get a great laugh
This post was edited on 2/10 9:41 PM by sammyk

Come on man Fox News is wrong all the time and puts hoof in mouth there you go being a homer again and Palin COME ON she is an idiot can you be any less objective. Rove and Coulter one is a babbling fool and one is well no need to insult female dogs. Fox News has lied anywhere from saying liberals run the insurance companies and plugged for Obama care to saying second hand smoke is not dangerous to liberals have found a way to kick conservatives off of facebook ro there will be death squads due to OBama care. What's next the earth is flat and the sun revolves around the earth, it is too easy to find stuff about Fox News and I do watch it and often I get a great laugh

This post was edited on 2/10 9:41 PM by sammyk
Sammy, you are not supporting your argument well with general statements about Fox having "lied....saying liberals run the insurance companies." As far as death squads, Fox didn't say that, but they did accurately report that there will eventually be death panels who will decide on whether it makes financial sense to continue to provide support for people who are in the latter years of their life, when much of the healthcare dollars are spent. If you listen to obama closely, he has said the same thing, only in a more "eloquent" (read: sneaky) way.

I especially liked your statement: "..Fox News is wrong all the time." Gotta get checked out soon, Sam.

Give me a Fox scandal similar to the Brian Williams or Dan Rather scandals, or else just put the argument to rest. Specifics please, not what you hear some insane left winger regurgitating.

The left wing, drive-by media has been EXPOSED, and I don't think you are able to frame this up. Even our liberal friends visiting tonight are taking shots at Brian Williams!

Not supporting williams at all where did you get that , just pointing out your homerism.
This post was edited on 2/11 6:32 AM by sammyk

OK here are your Fox news quotes and stories that are just wrong from Politifact

Stuart Varney- it will cost $50,000 per person who enrolls in Obama Care the next 10 years WRONG
Steven Emerson- there are cities in Europe like Birmingham England that are all Muslim that non Muslims go WRONG
George Will - Ebola can be transmitted by a sneeze or cough WRONG
John Stossel- there is no data that shows that second hand smoke can kill people WRONG
Peter King- In 2011 the Islamic State attempted an attack on Ft. Knox WRONG
Tucker Carlson(this guy I would love to punch in the head)- Far more kids died in their bath tub than were killed by guns WRONG
Andrew Nepolitano- The constitution does not allow the federal government to own land in the western states WRONG
Dick Morris- a North Carolina study proves that over a million people voted twice in the 2012 election WRONG
Ann Coulter- a friends sister died from Obamacare because blue cross and blue shield pulled out for California WRONG

Now here are just a few nuggets. Now Brian Williams saying he was in a Helicopter that was shot at and hit when it really was not is a gross misrepresentation of the truth and he has been suspended for 6 months. But what he reported and said is about the same as what goes on at Fox news all the time. Now did you see what I did here I pointed out and said that Williams is wrong and should be suspended but you gentlemen have no concept of that at all, you just can't do it, Hilarious

This post was edited on 2/11 10:22 AM by sammyk

The question to you was to provide a scandal similar to the Brian Williams scandal. If you think any of the errors/misrepresentations that you mentioned are in that same category, you have some problems.

Remember, Williams had been telling this lie since 2003. And there are other lies still coming out. Many things are said on Fox News each day; some are bound to be wrong. To pick out the examples that you mentioned today as answers to the scandal question, well that's pretty lame.

Do you understand the difference between the most highly rated national network news anchor trying to make himself part of the story and subsequently lying for 10 years and a guest (in most of your examples) on Fox News possibly making a one-time statement that might be wrong. Sammy, your reply is laughable.

Your constant defending of Fox News is laughable you betcha
It's not about me defending Fox News. It's about you not being able to provide a conservative news scandal anywhere near the Williams scandal. You failed, Sammy. The liberal media is a disaster.

I am glad you have zero objectivity, did I ever once defend Brian Williams no, did I ever say Brian Williams should not have been punished or it was not a big scandal no, did I say that NBC and CSNBC are the most reliable news outlets no, so where did I fail again? Oh it was when I said that all news Including Fox news can not be totally believed. Typical response from a typical Tea Party member, if you do not agree 100% with what they believe in then you are 100% wrong, it is like we are bad but you are worse yadda yadda yadda what are you 10 years old? So there has never been a Conservative news scandal come really Bill O Rieley has one every week. Once again way to be objective can you too see Russia from your back yard sheesh

This post was edited on 2/12 11:43 AM by sammyk

Before we get started, I need to ask you if you are serious. Don't you remember tying to minimize the Williams scandal by saying that Fox News is wrong all the time and using Rove and Coulter statements as examples? It was only a day or two ago! Then you provided several other weak examples in response to my question about naming scandals similar to the Williams scandal.

So, you played the game for a while, then when you realized that the Williams scandal is a big deal, you backed off. Gotta love it. Sammy, it was you who tried to diffuse the Williams scandal by inferring that it is not a big deal because Fox is wrong all the time.

The bigger point is that the media on which you most likely rely to form your political opinions is corrupt. This is not just a Brian Williams issue, although his actions show a real lack of character. The liberal media thinks they can get away with anything. They are all the same in terms of their point of view- liberal. This goes for CBS, ABC, and NBC. Obama had a fundraiser at the home of CBS CEO Les Moonves. That tells you all you need to know.

On your earlier point about O'Reilly having a scandal every week, how would you even know that? Do you watch? Of course not; someone tells you. Only problem is that the "someone" has an extreme bias and is fabricating a story, much like Brian Williams did on more than one occasion.

Where did i try and minimize the Williams scandal where is it find that post where is it??? And like I said earlier i do watch fox news most of the time for entertainment purposes

When I asked you about Brian Williams, you replied on 2/10/15 by saying "left-wing, right-wing, media is all screwed up. MSNB and Fox News are both horrible."

That is minimizing the issue. I am sure if O'Reilly lied on TV multiple times, as Brian Williams did, you would not minimize the issue; you would have been all over O'Reilly. And rightfully so.

You further tried to minimize the Williams in a conversation with the legendary fb107. You said "come on man, Fox News is wrong all the time." Probably not a factually true statement and likely a strange, at best, reply in light of the Williams situation.

Again, the Williams issue is not just a Williams issue or an NBC issue. It is an issue the permeates all throughout the left-wing media. Dan Rather lied about "W", Jason Blair made up stories at the infamous new york times. It goes on and on. The left thinks they can get away with it, I guess because of their once-dominant position, before Fox and talk radio became so popular. Now, Rush has about the same amount of listeners as CBS, NBC, ABC have watching their nightly half hour newscast, if it can still be called that.

I would say that the Or'Riely and Williams are the same and if it is true that the williams issue is a left wing issue then the O'Riely is a right wing issue a lie is a lie right so like I said I can be objective how about you?

This is a pathetic answer.

Williams lied about:

1. The helicopter being shot down in Iraq.
2. The body floating down the street in New Orleans.
3. Watching a man commit suicide in the Superdome.
4. His hotel in New Orleans having been overrun with gangs.
5. Being in Berlin on the night the wall came down.

Those are just a few off the top of my head.

Now it's your turn to name O'Reilly's lies. Keep in mind that Williams has been suspended for six months and might never return to the "news reader" chair at NBC, while O'Reilly enjoys the highest ratings in cable news. The two cannot even be compared.

Who cares williams has been removed and may never work again so who cares man you are like the Baptists down here judge mental and of it is not their way it is wrong what are you 10

Sad. I think that after reading your response, most would conclude that it is you who sounds like a 10-year-old.

Remember, it is you who downplayed Williams' lies and went on to say that both left and right-wing media are the same. The Williams case clearly indicates that this is not the case, unless you would have been able to demonstrate otherwise, at which you failed miserably.

Sad hahaha Ok yea it is sad. Like I said I would not know you if you walked in my classroom so your opinion matters little

Basically, what happened here is that you failed to backup your own argument with facts, so you then resorted to saying that my opinion matters little to you. Sounds like Logic 101 was not taught at Carmichael!

Oh we were talking facts well that eliminates Fox News then. So I will get back to my Govenmnet job where I am taking millions form the tax payers hahaha see you later chief and I mean way way later

Try to stay on topic Sammy. I never said anything about your job. Teaching is important. Liberal influence messes it up.

It sounds as if you don't watch much Fox News. No show is better than O'Reilly's. He is probably the most objective guy on cable news/talk, but how could you know? You are influenced by others' opinions, apparently.

NJ I am sure you as a Republican will never believe anything that anyone other than a Republican has to say, just like I am sure that you will not believe there is any good news until a Republican is President then you will refuse to believe in any bad news. So I got it

NJ I am sure you as a Republican will never believe anything that anyone other than a Republican has to say, just like I am sure that you will not believe there is any good news until a Republican is President then you will refuse to believe in any bad news. So I got it
Never said that Sammy. You are a master of putting words in other people's mouths.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT