ADVERTISEMENT

Mcdevitt beats Ryan, Neuman and west keep rolling

West needs to win? I thought they were in with the win over mcdevitt, so who’s in if they lose?

If WC were to lose and McDevitt beat LC then they would jump them in points. As strange as it sounds WC would be out in that scenario.

Wow that is strange, I don’t know how the point system works

Only one team from the PCL is guaranteed a spot in the D-1/12 Subregional playoffs. That team will be NG because they have already clinched the division. There are no PCL 2A playoffs. D-1 and the the PUB are guaranteed one spot each. These teams will be Bristol and Mansion. There are only 6 total teams at the 2A level in D-1/12. The others not mentioned are WC, McDevitt, and VFA. Once the reps from each league are determined they are slotted in order with a fourth team from the remaining three teams by the power points system. It's the same system that D-1 uses to seed their teams. Basically, a 2A team gets 220 points for every 6A win, 200 for a 5A win, 180 for 4A win, 160 for 3A win, 140 for 2A win, and 120 for a 1A win. They also get 10 bonus points for every win that an opponent.

In a scenario that has WC losing this weekend and BM winning they would both be (6-4) and when you add up their points BM will have more points. Thus, a better average. Why?

BM's went (4-0) in their N-L season because they either knowingly or unknowingly scheduled strategically. They own a 6A win over Lincoln, two 5A wins over Cheltenham & Ryan, and a 2A win over VFA. They also have a 4A win over O'Hara and in theory a 3A win over LC in league play. Those points alone add up to 1100.

WC has a 6A win over Roman and 3A win over GA in N-L. They also have league wins over 2A McDevitt, 3A wins over CE & LC, and a 4A win over BP. Those points add up to 1020. WC's 10 point bonuses for opponents's wins is better than BM, but not enough to overcome the 80 point difference.

Now, WC's N-L schedule was much tougher than BM and they beat them convincingly head-to-head, so if they were to miss out I'm pretty sure that would leave a bad taste in their mouthes and might force them to reconsider how challenging their N-L schedule should be moving forward.

Also, a solid chance that either WC or BM will play NG in first round of subregional, while Bristol squares off with Mansion. But I don't think that is a huge deal because they are going to play each other anyway. Might as well get it over with first. However, that's not locked in yet.

That’s very detailed, just think head to head would be easiest, for the 3 pcl teams then if it was a 3 way tie maybe a point system, but your right if west don’t get in with a identical 6-4 record and a blow out win over mcdevitt, they should rightfully be pissed

Went on WC schedule on Mac preps and they already added the NG game, for November 3rd at 1pm, that accurate , and if so Friday at 1 pm, a lot people won’t be making that myself included

Went on WC schedule on Mac preps and they already added the NG game, for November 3rd at 1pm, that accurate , and if so Friday at 1 pm, a lot people won’t be making that myself included

Not accurate on so many fronts. Teams might not even play and if they do it won’t be on a school day at 1 o’clock.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT