ADVERTISEMENT

Malvern Prep/ Imhotep

lilromeo

Gold Member
Apr 14, 2014
This should be a great game. The Inter-Ac is for real . What are your thoughts on this one?

I don't have a horse in this race.. but would like to see Malvern win if for no other reason that most of what I have read has Imho running away with the game.. I'll take prep and the points

Reactions: lilromeo
I don't have a horse in this race.. but would like to see Malvern win if for no other reason that most of what I have read has Imho running away with the game.. I'll take prep and the points
I wouldn't be surprised if Malvern gives them a great game. Tep hasn't been tested at all this year.

Final is 48-7. Wow, this is awesome, I can't wait for the post season when Tep wins every playoff game by 50+ points in 4A. It should be quite the drama. Good grief, play up and challenge someone

Imhotep
1 st yr in new system
If Shmidt there
He will do right thing
You think?

Demo -

It would seem coach would want to play up for any number of reasons.

Good luck to both him and the Panthers.

Imhotep is playing up I believe.. by enrollment they'd be 3A but they opt to play 4A.. don't think you can move any higher than one class?

For many years BeCaHi had 2A enrollment and played up to 4A. Those Beca-CBW east finals were some great drama. The 2002 District 11 championship game against Parkland was epic.

For many years BeCaHi had 2A enrollment and played up to 4A. Those Beca-CBW east finals were some great drama. The 2002 District 11 championship game against Parkland was epic.
I would have liked last year if Imhotep would have played up in AAAA. Piittsburg CC vs Imhotep.IMO Imhotep was the best in the state Last year,but couldn't prove it.

No matter how much Tep wins playing up or whatever, you people can't seem to stomach a lowly public charter beating the brakes off of the private, Catholic, and suburban schools. Make no mistake, Imhotep was the best in the state last season pound for pound! What the heck are you talking about? How much do they have to prove to you people. Limited resources and access to quality facilities. Sorry if we're taking it out on the field. Cheers!

Owl....you miss the point big guy. Most of us would love to see them play up to watch them beat the brakes off of some of these schools. You have go to be kidding me. Let's give kudos for Malvern for scheduling them. Lasalle has in the past. Prep has not...would like to see that. You wouldn't love to see Tep get to the final to see them play PCC? How bout a semi vs. North Penn? The truth is District 12 is boned. I get it. Prep vs. Tep would be early what...November? Loser goes home while mediocre teams in rest of the state keep playing. Doesn't mean a lot of people wouldn't enjoy it. As it stands, Pa Football News has them 3rd (3rd!!!!) in 4A in the state. So looks like they still have something to prove....watch out Cathedral!

No matter how much Tep wins playing up or whatever, you people can't seem to stomach a lowly public charter beating the brakes off of the private, Catholic, and suburban schools. Make no mistake, Imhotep was the best in the state last season pound for pound! What the heck are you talking about? How much do they have to prove to you people. Limited resources and access to quality facilities. Sorry if we're taking it out on the field. Cheers!
No doubt Tep is one of the best teams in the state. It's unfortunate that they may not play a team with anything like comparable talent all year. I think all the posters who want to see them play up more more level are only wanting to see a game like the last two D12 finals where they lost a close game to Wood and then beat Wood in a close game--no brakes being beaten off in either game. Watching a game where one team beats the other by five TDs or more isn't very enjoyable, and I'm betting that the Tep players are wishing they were playing up at least one more level.

Imhotep is playing up I believe.. by enrollment they'd be 3A but they opt to play 4A.. don't think you can move any higher than one class?
AA McDevitt played up to AAAA for years in the Mid Penn with Harrisburg, Central Dauphin, CV and State High. Like to see Imhotep grow a pair and do the same.

Owl....you miss the point big guy. Most of us would love to see them play up to watch them beat the brakes off of some of these schools. You have go to be kidding me. Let's give kudos for Malvern for scheduling them. Lasalle has in the past. Prep has not...would like to see that. You wouldn't love to see Tep get to the final to see them play PCC? How bout a semi vs. North Penn? The truth is District 12 is boned. I get it. Prep vs. Tep would be early what...November? Loser goes home while mediocre teams in rest of the state keep playing. Doesn't mean a lot of people wouldn't enjoy it. As it stands, Pa Football News has them 3rd (3rd!!!!) in 4A in the state. So looks like they still have something to prove....watch out Cathedral!
The Prep and Tep scrimmaged three years in a row until this year. That seemed to suit them both. I suspect the Prep and the PCL in general would be happy if Tep moved up one or two more classes. The D12 championship game would be in the second half of November, not the first. All the lopsided championship games--and this year it's very likely Tep would rout any PCL 4A team--are in nobody's interest.

Many of these teams could reach out and schedule games with Imhotep for the regular season. I can guarantee you that there are a number of 6A and 5A schools in both D1 and D12 who turned Imhotep down for games this season. Why do you think programs like SJ and Tep wind up traveling out of the region each year. Instead of harping on Tep moving up how about talking some of these D1 teams in to playing them? A Tep NP game would be great. How about Tep v Neshaminy, that has a built in rivalry already. Tell these teams in D1 to stop hiding and play some of these D12 teams that can compete instead of scheduling the Mastery Charters and West Philly's.

Tep came up to Neshaminy and the two had a seven-on-seven with each other this summer. I understand it was well received and all involved thought it worthwhile. Could it lead to a regular season game between these two, who knows.

Anyway, I know the 'Skins scrambled in 2014 and 2015 to fill their early schedule. For instance, they had Gonzaga at home to start the 2014 campaign after losing a load of seniors from the great 2013 team - plus the new coach - and that wasn't too much fun (that Gonzaga group was very good). And then in 2015 they traveled to North Jersey to take on Montclair which is a traditional public school power up there (that was more fun with the win). Of course, when the PIAA rearranged everything for the 2016 season Montclair backed out of the game because they couldn't accommodate the early start. That led to Roman Catholic this year.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT