ADVERTISEMENT

LaSalle job

JiveTurkey9

Jul 10, 2014
Did anybody hear anything about LaSalle interviewing Imhotep's Albie Crosby for the head coaching position?

Figured it's been slow, might as well throw something out there to get a few laughs. I was between Albie and McCourt, figured Albie would get the better reaction.

This post was edited on 2/16 7:33 PM by JiveTurkey9

Jive,
I needed a good laugh brother!!

Great to see you back on these threads, although you maybe the main man on the other.
evilgrin0006.r191677.gif

Read the 'Gordon resigns' thread, good discussion with the faithful and some of our Prep "friends".

RT... I know, tough end of season!

Hahaha
But seriously though, has anyone heard of anything on the LaSalle job?

Posted yesterday, deadline 2/27........Schmidt had prep beat 2 years ago in state semi's w/ less talent than your usual LS team...

Just to add some accuracy: Neshaminy was close to taking the lead with about 5 minutes left in the 3rd quarter.

There was plenty of talent on that Neshaminy team, if Neshaminy would of been able to offer anything but a Wildcat offense it could of been a different result, but they couldn't stop Prep and fell behind after the fumble recovery therefor forcing Neshaminy to pass, and we all know Neshaminy doesn't have to pass in that weak Suburban One bc they bullied everyone.

And the Prep's D was gassed as they just gave up to long, grueling drives before that kid made the great play. Quite impressive that the Skins were able to keep it together after that rough turn of events.

Stop pumping Schmidt, you're embarrassing yourself.

Schmidt had SJP beaten? So, he won the state championship that year?

CYO, sure, but reading the moronic posts on here is far more entertaining!

We should wait to see who the applicants are before engaging in any debate.

PH, you are correct; NESH was totally one dimensional on offense and being one dimensional in certain leagues may get you to the playoffs but it won't win them.

Not pumping anyone...Just with all the talk that LS can no longer compete with Prep, which may end up being factual, is that Schmidt at Neshaminy and Park-Richland for that matter, both have fewer resources than LS could compete with Prep the last 2 years.....

Sorry for the run on...

Banana man, I think you may be misconstruing what folks mean when they talk about LS competing with SJP. It is not simply competing on the field; it really has to do with the perception that recently the LS administration has chosen not to compete with the SJP administration in supporting their FB programs. There are numerous instances that LS folks can point to in order to make their point.

Trust me, Mark Schmidt would not have done nearly as well as Drew Gordon did at LS and I would be shocked if he were to be considered for the top job at LS.

Many would say that Schmidt lost to SJP because he can't construct an effective balanced offense. I think Schmidt may even agree with that; I know I surely do.

JB-

I agree with everything you said, no horse in the field here.......Not sure anyone being mentioned as possible HC, could do what DG and staff did....

However unfortunate, there will be a new coach, and to everyone's point they will need a great one....

The irony is Neshaminy had a balanced offense in 2001 when they won the championship. Many think it was all Brittingham, but Waiter was a good QB. Good enough where he threw for 150 in the title game playing in a monsoon. Ennis (Big 33) was a great receiver and Mullin was a stud at TE. Perhaps he was lacking talent in the passing game the last several years?

JBin I couldnt agree more. People talk about Schmidt on here like the guy invented the game of football.
I was at the Prep Nesh semi final game two years ago. Nesh never had the prep beat in that game . Didnt happen.
Good coach, not the best coach ever. Give it a rest.

This post was edited on 2/17 1:36 PM by CYOBALL1

LS needs to get a coach from outside of their network. Prove to everyone that they are committed to do what it takes now a days to be competitive. They need fresh perspective and someone to shake things up a bit inside the school. SJP did with with Infante and Malvern did it with Brady and they both seem to be working out.
The worst decision they could make would be to hire someone from within. Sadly the administration will take the easy way out and get someone that will play nice. The administration doesn't want to be pushed or challenged and there are a few nice (soft) guys that will raise their hand and one of them will get the job. Mark my words....

Last I checked LaSalle has been pretty damn successful over the past 5-7 years. Why would hiring someone within be such a bad idea? Until Drew Gordon stepped down last Monday, LaSalle had the best coach in the state. LaSalle has done more with less. I understand that they get some good players, so lets not spin it like I am comparing them to the little sisters of the poor.
Would it really be such a bad idea to hire someone who has learned first hand from one of the best?

Zaire Franklin, former La Salle player and playing at Penn State now, has started a twitter campaign to get them to hire their old line coach. Coach Dom (forgive me for not knowing his last name. I only knew him as Coach Dom.) The players loved him and he was a great line coach. He probably understood Gordon's thinking better than anyone considering, as we all know, it's won and lost in the trenches!

Paul,
Zaire is at Syracuse.

Dom Addona is/was truly loved by those he coached and mentored, and a lot more of the later!!

Spider,
Dom left prior to the '14 fall season, also a private, sincere man. I'm sure he had his reasons??, another man who won't through anyone under the bus publicly.

This post was edited on 2/18 12:05 PM by yesman3

This post was edited on 2/18 1:35 PM by yesman3

CYO, at least 2 former Gordon staff members have inquired about the opening; nobody knows who has formally applied.

People need to remember that a good position coach many times makes a lousy top guy!

This post was edited on 2/18 1:25 PM by JBinPA

Yesman, if I'm not mistaken, Dom never coached Zaire either which is interesting.

Without getting into all the circumstances, didn't Dom essentially walk on his kids last year? I am sure he had his reasons and felt he was justified, bottom line is he walked and left Drew and the staff in a difficult position.

Being a good guy to everyone isn't always the best qualification to be a great head coach IMHO.

This post was edited on 2/18 1:31 PM by JBinPA

JB,
Zaire was forced to play some OT as well as his LB position during his senior year. I think the "mentoring" of the boys, even the non-lineman is what brought a lot of the players close to Dom. Can't elaborate of his reasons for leaving.

Hope you're well brother..

Murphman,
Would totally agree that the Prep is elated with the hiring of Infante but what is the proof that Malvern did the right thing with the hiring of Brady? Average year at best and they had like 5 or 6 D1 commitments to play college football. It seems to me they regressed during year 1 as opposed to improving or even staying the same. Time will tell it takes more then one year but I dont expect Malvern to beat the Prep anytime soon and I would not have Malvern as a favorite to win the Inter-Ac next year which would make it 2 years in a row without a title. Neither of Brady's predecessors were ever guilty of that. Need to see so much more if were going to compare Brady's hiring to that of Infante. As a matter of fact, one could argue what has Brady done so far in his first year of the program?

Malvern did not drop the Prep this year. Although Brady brought up the idea of dropping them this year and realized how much backlash he was going to receive from the Malvern alum he changed his mind. He was hoping by floating it out there the Prep would be the one to pass on the game but obviously it didn't work.

Delco, I think Brady was a little overwhelmed when he took the job this year and realized he was wasn't in DC anymore. I am curious to hear what the Malvern faithful have to say about the season. When you circle the Prep game on the calendar and tell your new team you're playing the game at Villanova and we going to beat the State Champs and get waxed I'm sure it makes it difficult. He has one hell of a resume and has proven he can coach, but the jury is still out in Malvern.

Not to sure what Malvern alum or brass has to say about the past year but I have heard that some IA brass were "less than impressed". What chant is it that high school and college kids chant now these days when ranked teams lose?

Every coach deserves more than 1 season; check on Malvern in a year or two.

After this years recruiting haul we will find out if he can coach. He has some really good 8th graders coming in. They threw mad money around this year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT