ADVERTISEMENT

LaSalle 21 Malvern 14 Final

socalfan33

Dec 6, 2012
Standing by for Murphman to explain how his prediction is still spot on and that LaSalle will win zero games for the remainder of the season

LOL. 1st off if anyone saw LaSalle play North Penn you know that prediction was off. Have not seen McDonogh so not sure how they will do in that game? I'm sure they definitely have a shot. They can definitely beat Wood, Prep, Roman, and Judge.

Not really sure how LaSalle is going to beat the Prep? I think it will take an injury and a major coaching meltdown for that to happen. Prep's defense should have LaSalle's offense in-check.

Not really sure how LaSalle is going to beat the Prep? I think it will take an injury and a major coaching meltdown for that to happen. Prep's defense should have LaSalle's offense in-check.

LS defense was relatively sound, ton of MP drop passes that was huge difference maker. MP showed decent running game, Steinmetz D was bend don't break, stout at L.O.S. when it had to be.
LS O still has to come together a bit, injuries to key skill people affecting but not totally. Will need more precision to be considered dangerous. Madden and Rinella are warriors, love their desire when ball in their hands. O-line a strength, still think they have more to prove in this offense. Thought Madden would have 750+ yds. by now.

Best to Matt McDermott..

Another Drew Gordon sighting at last night's game(on the LS side endzone), was respectfully received by those who appreciated his tenure.

As for beating the Prep? Idk, LS have a ways to go, see how the unit looks once they play Wood.

Lasalle certainly has the kids to beat anyone.
LaSalle is a very good team. Don't get me wrong and they have good players. However, they would have to play at the highest level in and Prep would have to play very poorly in order for LaSalle to beat them this year. Prep's defense will make it very difficult for LaSalle to score points. They will have to rely on their defense and specials to help score points in order to have a chance.

LaSalle is a very good team. Don't get me wrong and they have good players. However, they would have to play at the highest level in and Prep would have to play very poorly in order for LaSalle to beat them this year. Prep's defense will make it very difficult for LaSalle to score points. They will have to rely on their defense and specials to help score points in order to have a chance.

Cyoball/delco,
Agree with both of you. The talent is there "this year", transforming it into a cohesive consistent O-unit remains in progress. Would be mandatory to score vs. Wood/Prep. We'll see..
Defensively, JS/DA knows what he needs done to assimilate a functioning unit. Will it be enough to halt the upcoming big-boys on the schedule? Obviously getting healthier will be needed. I'll say one thing, this defense may give up some yardage, but they've shown to be a better tackling unit than the last couple years. Sounds oxymoronic but if you watch them, it appears so. Time will tell if it translates into a victorious situation.

Would like to hear from JB, Paul, Murph and Wizzard of W. on their thoughts regarding the state of LS Union. They have seen more of the boys this year than I. My opinion is based on 2 games seen and discussion with several of the faithful.

NOBODY has seen more LS football over the decades than JB and Wizzard( Bob and Mary Moran get a honorable mention!), not really open for debate. Always respect their opinions, JB won't sugarcoat it or give the PC reply. Will await their thoughts.

P.S.......Bob and the Wizzard are co-"Mr. LaSalle" to those of us who've been fortunate to have made their friendship.

Fulfilling The Promise..

"Would like to hear from JB, Paul, Murph and Wizzard of W. [...]"

They were all there last night. I saw PaulfromPhilly selling extra large pretzels, 3 for $10!

"Would like to hear from JB, Paul, Murph and Wizzard of W. [...]"

They were all there last night. I saw PaulfromPhilly selling extra large pretzels, 3 for $10!

LP,
Sorry forgot to mention you brother!

Yes, that was funny. "Pretzel Man" came by our section, friends telling he was saying "3 for $10, 4 for 5". Catholic school math, what a country!!

Would like to hear from JB, Paul, Murph and Wizzard of W. on their thoughts regarding the state of LS Union. They have seen more of the boys this year than I. My opinion is based on 2 games seen and discussion with several of the faithful.

NOBODY has seen more LS football over the decades than JB and Wizzard( Bob and Mary Moran get a honorable mention!), not really open for debate. Always respect their opinions, JB won't sugarcoat it or give the PC reply. Will await their thoughts.

P.S.......Bob and the Wizzard are co-"Mr. LaSalle" to those of us who've been fortunate to have made their friendship.

Fulfilling The Promise..
Didn't see it. But I agree with you, the defense seems to be stout, good and hopefully getting better and the offense needs to be more consistent. Still tough ones coming up!! We shall see!!

Last edited:
Reactions: yesman3
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT