ADVERTISEMENT

Jack Signor Ridley AD

ChesterStyle

Nov 7, 2014
So I sat on this Info for a while, waiting to see the outcome of the next few games. Towards the end of the Ridley vs Radnor game the Ridley AD went over to the Radnor sideline and began to chastise Radnor’s coaching staff and players for running up the score. Saying that it’s unsportsmanlike and that “Ridley won’t forget this!”
Ridley is down and that eventually happens with everything happing today as it relates to sports. It’s cyclical. But for him to go to the opposing teams sidleline during the game and admonish them is RIDICULOUS. RIDLEY ran it up on lesser programs for DECADES! Right, wrong or indifferent the issue is this crybaby AD (who was on teams who ran it often) complaining because it makes his hand picked chosen savior of the program look bad is laughable. Everyone goes through peaks and valleys now... Even Ridley. Just shut up and take the beating. You reap what you sow.

#REMOVEBLACKJACKSIGNOR

Didn’t Ridley just put up 51 on Stoga? A program that’s down due to a bunch of reasons and has a new head coach? Very Interesting. I guess that’s ok though?
#REMOVEBLACKJACKSIGNOR

They didn’t run it up on Ridley , they ran it up on Wood, who in 2 1/2 years has become the most despised coach in the league.

So if they were to move on from Wood:
The AD would be an assistant of the former coach, and the guy who championed and hired him.
The probably former OC would be teaching in the building (green)
The former HC works in the building (decker)
The former OC works in the building (Thompson)

Add all the community pressure

Who would want this job?

Probably one of the young Ex Ridley QB’s that are currently coaching now ( Masterson/ Ridley , Pidgeon / Penncrest , Humes / Springfield ).

Also do not forget that the Academy Park football staff has 4 former Ridley football players: Jason Vosheski (HC/OC), Dave Vosheski (WR/OC), Mike Ewing (LB/DC), and Eric Engle (OL). I have on good word that Dave and Mike both applied for Ridley when Decker stepped down.

That’s quite the conundrum. It sounds like they give every coach a job in the building, but once you are relieved of your coaching duties you remain at your day job? Is that what happened with Decker and Thompson? Is Decker coaching anywhere else?

Decker is OC at Sun Valley. Michael Ewing definitely applied and was interviewed the last time.

I think it depends on the capacity when you're hired. People like Bowden/Thompson were hired over 25 years ago as teachers and have been teaching ever since. Thats their real job, not coaching. You cant fire them from their teaching job just because they are no longer coaching. I suspect Green has similar arrangement. If this staff goes, I do not think Green loses his teaching job.

Its sad to see a once proud program like Ridley fall on its face. From what I have heard on this message board and what i have seen with my own eyes they need to make a change. The water is poisoned for this staff and it seems the community doesn't support whats going on. Starting fresh with a new staff seems to be the best move for the community.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT