ADVERTISEMENT

Infante is the man

SJP80

Sep 22, 2013
Sometimes it's the Jimmy's and the Joe's. Sometimes it's the x and o's. SJP better then LaSalle both categories. SJP athletes that we ask to come to the school are much better. Gabe does a better job delivering those players. #14 and 15 are nice for LS... Too little too late for the 2015 season. Gordon snoozed for a few years. LS late to the swift walls et al party and are paying for the 3rd year in a row!!

Last edited:
Reactions: roxychknpoxy
Sometimes it's the Jimmy's in the Joe's. Sometimes it's the x and o's. SJP better then LaSalle both categories. SJP athletes that we ask to come to the school are much better. Gabe does a better job delivering those players. #14 and 15 are nice for LS... Too little too late for the 2015 season. Gordon snoozed for a few years. LS late to the swift walls et al party and are paying for the 3rd year in a row!!
I agree that the Prep is a better team right now, but I think LaSalle has a very good football team capable of beating many of the top tier teams in the state. Those that thought the Prep would not be in the playoff picture this year are mistaken. They are big,fast and well coached. They appear to be just warming up as in prior years.

Too bad for LS that they won't get a chance to beat some of the other good teams in the state, because they won't get past THE PREP

Chase Utley is THE MAN, SJP is THE PREP
Off the bat, I thought Chase had a homerun the other night. Would have been great if he could have tied the game at three, as anything could have happened from there. Have to wonder if he comes back for another year or retires.

AP,

I guarantee you that the Prep team that showed up the last two weeks against Montvale and LaSalle would literally beat down Malvern.

Number 14 for the Explorers made plays all over the field the last two weeks. Hard to believe that kid is only a Soph. Diddo for Vandevere who seems to get better and better with each game.

Malvern is the PREP!

Imitation is the greatest form of flattery. There's only one Prep!

As far as the game, Prep made an adjustment on D, that while intermittent, is very effective. The same adjustment was made for St Joe Regional game. I found it intriguing that LS used a QB rotation at times. The game was close, but when the SJP weaponry is keyed in open space, it can have quick results. What's scary is that Prep's team is young. Time will tell, the PCL season has only begun.

Imitation is the greatest form of flattery. There's only one Prep!

As far as the game, Prep made an adjustment on D, that while intermittent, is very effective. The same adjustment was made for St Joe Regional game. I found it intriguing that LS used a QB rotation at times. The game was close, but when the SJP weaponry is keyed in open space, it can have quick results. What's scary is that Prep's team is young. Time will tell, the PCL season has only begun.
The QB switching does not look good for the rest of the season. I never thought revolving QBs was a good game plan....HS, College or Pro!! No continuity!

The QB switching does not look good for the rest of the season. I never thought revolving QBs was a good game plan....HS, College or Pro!! No continuity!
Is there a better coach in the State of Pa than Gabe Infante ? I will say that it was an enjoyable game but just so much speed for Prep. Walls and Swift are exciting to watch and prep's defense has a bunch of hitters

Sometimes it's the Jimmy's and the Joe's. Sometimes it's the x and o's. SJP better then LaSalle both categories. SJP athletes that we ask to come to the school are much better. Gabe does a better job delivering those players. #14 and 15 are nice for LS... Too little too late for the 2015 season. Gordon snoozed for a few years. LS late to the swift walls et al party and are paying for the 3rd year in a row!!

How it kills us to agree with that, hard to argue..

PREP dominated, shoved it down their throats.....

Be humble my man, things always go in cycles. Return to FB Halcyon days at 17th & Girard..

'06 and '08-'12 silverware and memories still in the last decade, when LaSalle football was Prep's Daddy!

Unfortunately have to side with your comment, see prior post. Hopefully we'll see better days ahead as you boys hoped for a few years ago. With the current regime in place and the Prep Administrative support so acknowledged, will be a challenge.

Ironic, just a couple years back my Prep friends (if you graduated in '80, same era) often complained "we can't beat LaSalle" in just about every sport. It's a new dawn brother, enjoy your spoils..

This year's LS football squad has much more over-all talent than the '06 team, by far.... but that team had the guild to overcome a lot of their deficiencies. Only an improbable dramatic '06 like PCL title game performance ( i.e. PSU-Miami '86 NC title game) can one expect victory. Percentages aren't high, but it could happen, miracles never cease..

Only difference here, Infante probably won't succumb to a Brooks-like meltdown and stubbornness.

The guy from Pine Richland, is pretty good as is the guy from South Fayette who I thinks owns the states longest win streak right now

The guy from Pine Richland, is pretty good as is the guy from South Fayette who I thinks owns the states longest win streak right now
My vote would be between Infante and Ksperowicz[spelling] Pine -Richland.

Art Walker from North Allegheny is no slouch either has multiple titles at multiple schools and may have had the best team ever in PA at PittCC in 2004. I rank the WPIAL coaches this way

Kaspowitz Pine Richland
Walker North Allegheny
Rossi South Fayette
Palko West Allegheny
Smith McKeesport

Zimjanic Aliquippa
Render Upper St. Clair

These guys are as good as anyone not just in the state but the country each has titles and each has their challenges and pluses at each school. I did not add the coach from Pitt CC he is good but gets his talent from other places these guys do it with the kids from their district. If I were an AD I would hire anyone of them. I am a big Zmanic fan , Aliquippa has athletes but that staff deals more with than any other staff on this list. Aliquippa,s coach would be successful anywhere but few could do as well as he has at Aliquippa

Last edited:
This year's LS football squad has much more over-all talent than the '06 team, by far.... but that team had the guild to overcome a lot of their deficiencies. Only an improbable dramatic '06 like PCL title game performance ( i.e. PSU-Miami '86 NC title game) can one expect victory. Percentages aren't high, but it could happen, miracles never cease..

Only difference here, Infante probably won't succumb to a Brooks-like meltdown and stubbornness.
I watched the game on streaming video, which I realize has its limitations but you also seem some things more clearly than if you were sitting in the stands at PW. I was really struck by a series of decisions by the refs from the middle of the second quarter to some point early in the fourth that all seemed to go in one direction: the ruling that Swift had fumbled when it seemed very clear that he was down before the ball came loose, the double personal foul against SJP (something I don't think I had seen before, especially when the "offenses" must have taken place in the pile when both teams were going after a loose ball, that put LaSalle very close to the goal line, and the terrible spot that gave LaSalle at least an extra yard on third down pass play that gave them a first down, etc. Obviously I don't have an axe to grind about the calls changing the outcome of the game, but it made me wonder what was up.

I watched the game on streaming video, which I realize has its limitations but you also seem some things more clearly than if you were sitting in the stands at PW. I was really struck by a series of decisions by the refs from the middle of the second quarter to some point early in the fourth that all seemed to go in one direction: the ruling that Swift had fumbled when it seemed very clear that he was down before the ball came loose, the double personal foul against SJP (something I don't think I had seen before, especially when the "offenses" must have taken place in the pile when both teams were going after a loose ball, that put LaSalle very close to the goal line, and the terrible spot that gave LaSalle at least an extra yard on third down pass play that gave them a first down, etc. Obviously I don't have an axe to grind about the calls changing the outcome of the game, but it made me wonder what was up.

Tulla,
Saw the live-stream as well, issues on the home front. Moving forward, I think we'd agree what type of effort and reversal of fortune it would take to offset the presumed outcome. St. John de Baptist, pray for us..

Reactions: lilromeo
Tulla,
Saw the live-stream as well, issues on the home front. Moving forward, I think we'd agree what type of effort and reversal of fortune it would take to offset the presumed outcome. St. John de Baptist, pray for us..
Is it merely my perception, or are there many more turnovers in an SJP-LS game than any other contest each year?

Is it merely my perception, or are there many more turnovers in an SJP-LS game than any other contest each year?

FF,
It does seem that way, doesn't it?

Good reads/defensively, good hits. "Usually" the turnovers are forced as opposed to poor execution, especially this late in the season. IMO..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT