ADVERTISEMENT

Imhotep - PT

HSFB99

Oct 4, 2020
7-6 PT at half. Imhotep gets the ball coming out of the locker room. Buckle up.

Yep - false starts killed imhoteps chances. I thought Coach Schmidt was going to have an aneurysm on the sideline. Once Imhotep held them to a field goal, I figured they’d run that bruising RB four times in a row. He was wearing PT down.

What a great game though; 3/4 have been so far. Hopefully, we get treated to two more tomorrow.

Reactions: Aragorn
PT went with 3 down line on defense. They gave up 4-5 yards runs but not any big plays. difficult for a HS team to be effective with short gains. Always a penalty and both sides had procedure calls.
In the overtime PT made a defensive adjustment and went with 4 down linemen, no longer concerned about the big play., not sure if that confused
Imhotep.
I was unaware the Imhotep got players from Delaware & New Jersy, Thanks for the info

Reactions: Aragorn
I’ll say it again, I think every game thus far has pitted a boundary vs a non-boundary (if you consider Imhotep a non-boundary due to any kid in city limits capable of attending; splitting hairs here - maybe it’s just a large boundary lol). Either way, they’ve all been extremely competitive (one score games). The only lopsided final was the SC (boundary school)game, which is unsurprising. Again, I know SJP gets all the hate (I’m not saying it’s deserved or undeserved), but there is clearly parity across the state in every other class. No non-boundaries are head and shoulders above anyone else (sans SJP’s run). Good night and good football! See you tomorrow.

Reactions: Bighead75
Wait did a public school knock off a non boundary school?
[/QU I'm not going
I’ll say it again, I think every game thus far has pitted a boundary vs a non-boundary (if you consider Imhotep a non-boundary due to any kid in city limits capable of attending; splitting hairs here - maybe it’s just a large boundary lol). Either way, they’ve all been extremely competitive (one score games). The only lopsided final was the SC (boundary school)game, which is unsurprising. Again, I know SJP gets all the hate (I’m not saying it’s deserved or undeserved), but there is clearly parity across the state in every other class. No non-boundaries are head and shoulders above anyone else (sans SJP’s run). Good night and good football! See you tomorrow.
I know for me I don't care about boundary schools. A lot of them have rebuilding years and down years like public schools. My complaints are only on a few of them because where they are located and the talent they are able to bring in every year. Prep in football and Imhotep in basketball are two of the best examples.

So you only have a problem with no boundary schools in areas where they can get the students. A non boundary school that’s not able to get guys are absolutely fine 😂😂😂

So you only have a problem with no boundary schools in areas where they can get the students. A non boundary school that’s not able to get guys are absolutely fine 😂😂😂
Just boundary schools that put together these super teams every year. Prep and Imhotep in basketball should not be participating in the piaa playoffs.

Just boundary schools that put together these super teams every year. Prep and Imhotep in basketball should not be participating in the piaa playoffs.
The only teams that should be allowed to play in the playoffs are those born in a hospital in their school’s district and they cannot work too hard as to become a D1 player.

The only teams that should be allowed to play in the playoffs are those born in a hospital in their school’s district and they cannot work too hard as to become a D1 player.
No the only team that shouldnt play is the one that goes out and recruits D1 talent and is an all star team. The tri-state all star team should play a national schedule.

No the only team that shouldnt play is the one that goes out and recruits D1 talent and is an all star team. The tri-state all star team should play a national schedule.
You are honestly starting to change my mind. I like the idea of the PA state champion not being the best team. I think it’s better if the state champion had all its players settle for what’s easy and just go to the school that is in their district.

You are honestly starting to change my mind. I like the idea of the PA state champion not being the best team. I think it’s better if the state champion had all its players settle for what’s easy and just go to the school that is in their district.
Just straight up intelligence and better coaching won this game. Tep may have the better athletes on the field, but you can't coach smarts, and tep is lacking. That was some awfully dumb football exhibited by Tep tonight.

Oh course the tri-state all star team is going to be the best team. They have such a large area to recruit great athletes from. That's no accomplishment for them.

Oh course the tri-state all star team is going to be the best team. They have such a large area to recruit great athletes from. That's no accomplishment for them.
Dude exactly. Every state championship where the best teams from the 5th largest city in the country are the real ones.

Dude exactly. Every state championship where the best teams from the 5th largest city in the country are the real ones.
It's not a real team it's an all star team. I don't think the probowl team would celebrate for beating the jets same is true for the tri-state all star team.

It's not a real team it's an all star team. I don't think the probowl team would celebrate for beating the jets same is true for the tri-state all star team.
I am agreeing with you! Just because the kids at SJP wake up at 5 am to practice in the summer while the boundary schools are on vacation doesn’t really mean anything. While the kids from Jersey live closer than many kids that go to their local public high school they still have to drive over a bridge and driving over a bridge is a very big deal.

I am agreeing with you! Just because the kids at SJP wake up at 5 am to practice in the summer while the boundary schools are on vacation doesn’t really mean anything. While the kids from Jersey live closer than many kids that go to their local public high school they still have to drive over a bridge and driving over a bridge is a very big deal.
Stop trying to sugar coat it. It's called recruiting.
Stop trying to sugar coat it. Everyone knows it's an all star team that recruits.

Stop trying to sugar coat it. It's called recruiting.
Stop trying to sugar coat it. Everyone knows it's an all star team that recruits.
100%. These kids don’t need to work hard or practice. With them just roll out the balls.

That's just a coach from western PA saying the Prep has players from three states. No single player from Delaware is named. A few years ago the coach from one of the teams the Prep played in the finals said the Prep had players from four states. The point is that some people seem so fixated on the Prep recruiting players that they start fantasizing.

I don't know where every Prep player lives, but I know that players from Delaware have been very few and far between. Chambers (in about 2012) played for the Prep as a freshman and then transferred to a school in Jersey when, I think, his family moved from Delaware to south Jersey. And Armin Ware, who went to elementary school in Philly, came to the Prep after his family moved to the Wilmington area when he started high school (in about 2014). Of course I could be missing someone here or there, but the idea of a three-state all-star team is somebody's wet dream.

That's just a coach from western PA saying the Prep has players from three states. No single player from Delaware is named. A few years ago the coach from one of the teams the Prep played in the finals said the Prep had players from four states. The point is that some people seem so fixated on the Prep recruiting players that they start fantasizing.

I don't know where every Prep player lives, but I know that players from Delaware have been very few and far between. Chambers (in about 2012) played for the Prep as a freshman and then transferred to a school in Jersey when, I think, his family moved from Delaware to south Jersey. And Armin Ware, who went to elementary school in Philly, came to the Prep after his family moved to the Wilmington area when he started high school (in about 2014). Of course I could be missing someone here or there, but the idea of a three-state all-star team is somebody's wet dream.
8th graders in Delaware are the blue chip football players and a recruiting hot bed for the prep according to the people on the message boards that have absolutely no idea how the prep works.

You do know boundary schools are not permitted to practice during the summer with supervision. Their practices start in August. That doesn't mean the players can't get together on their own. They are permitted to do 7 on 7 with coaches, but it's not the whole team.

Must win for prep tonight, loss would show that SEPA football is poor and their model failed.

Not to change the subject but, does anyone on here think it was a little over the top with Southern Columbia scoring TD's and going for 2 with less than a minute to go in last night game. 62-25

Reactions: lilromeo
Not to change the subject but, does anyone on here think it was a little over the top with Southern Columbia scoring TD's and going for 2 with less than a minute to go in last night game. 62-25
I don’t agree with it but I’m sure they had their 2nd or 3rd units in by that point. Just assuming. I’ve watched some SC over the years. Im sure they get the same complaints from their area.

Agree Big. Something could have happened in the game that influenced. Will say it was clear to me there was no love lost between the two. Chippyness, no one helping the other off the carpet, etc. Little things.

I don’t agree with it but I’m sure they had their 2nd or 3rd units in by that point. Just assuming. I’ve watched some SC over the years. Im sure they get the same complaints from their area.
RCH, I get it if they had their 2 team in and you can control it but, I believe that wasn't the case and even if they did going for 2 with 14 seconds left.

What’s more offensive - scoring the TD , or going for 2 after scoring the TD. Seems to me that’s take a knee time up by 30.

Reactions: Stalker
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT