ADVERTISEMENT

High School Football America Preseason Top 100

Hey Fox....so it's important for King to play only defense, unless he would have agreed to play offensive guard, then it wouldn't have been as important....right?

So there are kids on that team that can take a 2 yard pass, run over 3 defenders and outrun the rest for. 70 yard TD....can you name one?

They found people to play better at X? That's funny, because I didn't hear of any completion. It seems that the decision was made in the off season before any workouts started. Hard to find better players without completion, don't you think?

So...I think you're full of shit! Try your know it all shit on someone else, won't work here.

Was away for a while and missed all this. Great debate about P-R's 6th best offensive threat! Pick any of those kids you're talking about and I can't imagine they will be more talented than than Jurkovec, White, Crawford, Falcone and Defrancis. If one of them is, then the coaches screwed up last year!

Fox: I don't think your a coach. I think you are a player. What can you tell us about defense?

Football.6a: The coaches asked King to move to offensive guard? He said no? I thought Kristofic was a QB before them moved him to OL a few years ago and that worked out well for him. Saw on twitter he's got Mich. State and Pitt offers now. Maybe the coaches think the same opportunity for King?

Gotta check out some HUDL to see who really are the ballers! LoL

Reactions: JACKY6996
football 6a, king caught 14 passes last year. I know the play your talking about and it was a great play but it had alot to do with poor tackling on the other side. Don't try to spin it like king does this on a consistent basis. It happened once. It makes no sense to start king both ways, PR runs uptempo and he will be dead by the third quarter playing every snap at 220 pounds. I'm interested in your sources for your info, because a player on the team told me in person today that camino is playing reciever and that his position is being split with jochem. Camino is also gonna take over the H back/ full back role from king last year so king can stay on defense only.

Your comparison is a poor one. Kristofic was never going to play QB at a high level. The move for King was simply because they have no interior lineman. Had nothing to do with where he should play now or at the next level. As a matter of fact I know a family member of his who spoke directly with multiple D1 coaches and they said...absolutely not. That would pretty much end his recruitment at LB.

I'd say 1 out of 14 are pretty good odds. Imagine if they threw the ball to him ! Does a 170 lb kid make that play? Does 170 lb kid block play after play when you are asked to block DEs and LBs

You guys need to watch more football and understand the game.

Like I said, im getting info from people directly associated from the team. I can assure you no one is getting kicked out of their spot for favorites. Jochem's a good player who will play more offense this year because he's good with the ball in his hand. Camino is faster than king and can play the position he did on offense the same if not better. What you need to know is playing both ways against high level competition is tough, and they particularly want front 7 defensive players and o linemen going only one way so they are fresh.

New2pa.... same coaches they ran an offensive play in their own territory on fourth down last season. Turned the ball over on downs because they had no idea it was fourth down. Hmmm. Not sure I'd trust that judgement.

Was away for a while and missed all this. Great debate about P-R's 6th best offensive threat! Pick any of those kids you're talking about and I can't imagine they will be more talented than than Jurkovec, White, Crawford, Falcone and Defrancis. If one of them is, then the coaches screwed up last year!

Fox: I don't think your a coach. I think you are a player. What can you tell us about defense?

Football.6a: The coaches asked King to move to offensive guard? He said no? I thought Kristofic was a QB before them moved him to OL a few years ago and that worked out well for him. Saw on twitter he's got Mich. State and Pitt offers now. Maybe the coaches think the same opportunity for King?

Gotta check out some HUDL to see who really are the ballers! LoL

I can tell you Jochem is a true baller on defense. He's one of the smartest and sound players on our team. White and Crawford can handle corner because of how our coverage is played. If they struggle we have Dawson Goltz, who by the way is a hell of a route running receiver. Our linebackers should be solid if they can fill fast and be the smartest players on the field. Meckler is our other safety and his athleticism helps him lock things down. Our d line is thick and we have numerous guys we can rotate through.

About king moving to guard, he's a natural skill position player. We have a good starting 5 but the drop off their is where we may hurt. He's the only body we could quickly transition to a guard.

Football 6a, you meant competition. I know you did. But Cam Ballay has been a hell of a physical receiver who's combination of strength and speed have proven to be better than Camino's. Camino can be a hell of a D-end but you don't know what you are talking about when you think there's favorites. Ballay was moved there and nobody has challenged him since. Goltz however is making a case to be one our best receivers. His route running is incredible and he has good hands. My know it all information is straight from what I see. You're making an argument about favorites that doesn't exist. It's whoever the best player is. Coach K makes the final decision at the end of the day. I can tell you for a fact that man is determined to win and

Fox is like Deepthroat! (Excuse my age - early 70's Watergate reference).

I watched the HUDL. King and Jochem and the Cerminara boy are probably there best defensive players coming back IMO. If the t-shirt football reference was targeted at one of them, I think your wrong.

It seems to me that Coach K looked at where P-R was bad at last year and tried to upgrade it or change the way they do things.

- The defense stunk, so he took over and looks like is grabbing kids to play it full time.
- The couldn't run the ball versus good team and have an elite QB, so they are going to throw it more with smaller guys.
- The needed an outside threat opposite Falcone and I guess found one in Ballay (or as Fox says the Dawson kid).

IMO, the King, Jochem, Camino thing don't matter - numbers don't add up - Crawford has to play over any of them on offense.

Fox is like Deepthroat! (Excuse my age - early 70's Watergate reference).

I watched the HUDL. King and Jochem and the Cerminara boy are probably there best defensive players coming back IMO. If the t-shirt football reference was targeted at one of them, I think your wrong.

It seems to me that Coach K looked at where P-R was bad at last year and tried to upgrade it or change the way they do things.

- The defense stunk, so he took over and looks like is grabbing kids to play it full time.
- The couldn't run the ball versus good team and have an elite QB, so they are going to throw it more with smaller guys.
- The needed an outside threat opposite Falcone and I guess found one in Ballay (or as Fox says the Dawson kid).

IMO, the King, Jochem, Camino thing don't matter - numbers don't add up - Crawford has to play over any of them on offense.

Crawford is the type of back who will hurt you everywhere. Honestly if he was Kenny's size he could have as many D1 looks as any other guy who has em on our team.

Defense is a focus this year and Coach K knows this defense. Our position coaches are all the right fit and our defense should improve tremendously.

King cerminara jochem and add in white as best defensive players. If coach k does this right they could end up having a pretty good if not great defense. The talent is there. Just tackling has gotta improve it was god awful last year. With teams likely to try to run the ball as much as they can this is a priority.

You hit the nail on the head with not being able to run on good teams. Saint eds didn't have much of a size advantage on PR's offensive line and outside of jurkovecs scrambles or the defense overpursing a read option their backs always get stuffed. This is also against the NA's, PCC's etc (although pcc always has the toughest front in the wpial, no one is able to run on them you have to pass to beat them). Hopefully with some nice size now and expierenced backs and Linemen they can hurt teams through the air and ground. Anouther big thing is not having jurkovec carry the ball 15-20 times a game. That took its toll last season, he was getting beat up a lot. If good teams can't make them one dimensional and they're defense improves like I said on paper this is a team that can win a state championship.

http://highschoolfootballamerica.com/high-school-football-america-preseason-top-100/

PA teams:
55) Archbishop Wood
66) St. Joe's Prep
87) Pittsburgh Central Catholic
90) Pine-Richland
Saw American Heritage (Plantation) destroy a quick and athletic Booker T. Washington team on Friday night. It ended up 42-27, but was 35-14 at halftime. If there are 39 teams better than Heritage, I'd be shocked. Their defense has high D-1 kids all over the place including Patrick Surtain, one of the top CB's in recent years and another really good CB on the other side. Plus very good LB's & DL. They broke in a first-year QB who played really well.

Wood at #55 and ahead of The Prep seems questionable.

Good one. The way they’ve been pulling them in I think it’d be hard finding that many better than AH nearly every year. That’s a machine like STA.

PR has a chance to compete for a state title this year. Need to stay healthy and get kids in the correct positions. Early indications are they are playing to many favorites over proven talent.
Favorites over talent? You right we should have white at QB he was hell of a QB in youth. Crawford at nose guard, and Kristofic at Runnink back. Phil can play D end he is tall enough... Exactly what talent is PR missing in the line up?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT