ADVERTISEMENT

Harrisburg vs St. Joes Prep

Harrisburg survived the west bracket. Many think the west bracket was superior. They also managed to avenge both regular season defeats in the playoffs and in dominating fashion.

Harrisburg survived the west bracket. Many think the west bracket was superior. They also managed to avenge both regular season defeats in the playoffs and in dominating fashion.
I think the west bracket is better but they have no chance against SJP. The west bracket wasn't tougher than st Joe's preps regular season schedule. There isn't a st Thomas Aquinas in western pa. There isn't a 17 Pine Richland or 21 Lebo in the west this year. Historically the only teams to ever beat prep is the wpial and they were way down this year in 6A.

I just watched the 2018 final. It was certainly closer than what the score indicated. It was 27-20 in the 4th quarter.

I certainly believe Harrisburg will make it more respectable than GV did. I think Harrisburg will give them a good game.

I have not studied Harrisburg, but I'll go 34-14 SJP- maybe a few close moments in first half?

From a PR perspective, Harrisburg was maybe 3rd or 4th best team, maybe 5th, that Pine- Richland has played in the last 2 years

I think Harrisburg will need to sustain drives and limit the possessions from SJP. SJP scoring output isn’t a mistake and they have a ton of weapons. HBG must score at least 30+ points and a few turnovers to have a shot. HBG offense will show up I just don’t see them stopping SJP’s offense enough.
OFFENSE: SJP
ST: SJP
DEFENSE : EVEN
SJP wore down Parkland bc many of their skilled guys went both ways. HBG will need to score and turn around and stop SJP from scoring. I have HBG making it SJPs toughest game this playoffs.

I have not studied Harrisburg, but I'll go 34-14 SJP- maybe a few close moments in first half?

From a PR perspective, Harrisburg was maybe 3rd or 4th best team, maybe 5th, that Pine- Richland has played in the last 2 years
what teams in the last 2 years were better?

what teams in the last 2 years were better?
Very unscientific analysis by me, considering some games were poorly played by PR, - but in 2021 and 2022, most "PR people" meaning most players, fans and coaches would say the following were "better than Harrisburg:"

2021 PT- who went on the win State title
2021 PCC
2022 ECP
2022 Pick North- Ohio team
maybe 2022 Woody

Speaking of past games that were on there, the 2020 state championship between central york and St. Joes prep. 62-13. Is this the biggest blowout is state championship history?

ADVERTISEMENT