ADVERTISEMENT

Friday Football Frenzy on CBS

green_beans

Sep 9, 2015
Looks like one for the smaller schools... LC-Egan will be the Friday night football frenzy game this week

wow.. you people really crack me up.. act like your a fan of the game.. it's a shame every school can't recruit like the big 4 do... I for one am glad to see two small schools that get next to zero attention in the papers, blog boards play with local kids that have live in the community (I can only speak for LC.. but I have never heard of CE recruiting-I'm sure you will correct me if I'm wrong)...are still playing in Nov.. good for them...

I wish both teams well

Reactions: lilromeo
wow.. you people really crack me up.. act like your a fan of the game.. it's a shame every school can't recruit like the big 4 do... I for one am glad to see two small schools that get next to zero attention in the papers, blog boards play with local kids that have live in the community (I can only speak for LC.. but I have never heard of CE recruiting-I'm sure you will correct me if I'm wrong)...are still playing in Nov.. good for them...

I wish both teams well
I think you've taken out of context ... I interpreted as class expansion which has been discussed and further dilution of game ... I think it's great these teams get the spot light.

I for one am glad to see two small schools that get next to zero attention in the papers, blog boards play with local kids that have live in the community (I can only speak for LC.. but I have never heard of CE recruitingl

Sounds like you are talking about New Hope-Solebury. That small public school in Bucks Co who went 9-2, no one ever heard of, but got throttled twice by Egan for their two losses by a combined score of 97-28. Thank goodness Egan doesn't recruit, or those games against NHS might have been uncompetitive.

wow.. I didn't realize that CE beat such a football juggernaut in such dramatic fashion.. I mean the combined record of NHS opponents are 39-64 that included two games against 5-6 CE and one against 8-2 Bristol.. The only point I am trying to make is.. I'm glad to see schools that get little attention .. get a little...

here I'll make it easy.. your right and I'm wrong...

Relayer, I think this is a bad take on your part. You guys are stuck in a 20 yrs ago mindset. Football is a participation sport (largely no cuts) and we need a lot of kids playing. A lot has happened last 10 years or so. Back in the day I was with you, big school, little school, we strapped it up and played each other. But we have lots of moving targets here. I am enjoying the match ups of these small school divisions. I think they provide a hell of an playoff for like minded schools.

Very exciting for CEC. The Eagles get very little pub when it comes to football in our area. The big boys get it all. This Egan team is very young and have really turned it around the 2nd half of the season.

LC is banged up and I think you could see the Eagles pull away in this one. But kudos to LC and Tom Kirk for the job he has done this yr. Both these teams don't have many bodies so playing this deep into the season is a major challenge.

Relax guys, I thought someone would pick up on the sarcasm. green beans, you're right about giving some props to the smaller schools. I have been touting Palisades. Next week we could see an all Bucks Co state quarterfinal with Egan- Palisades.

Very exciting for CEC. The Eagles get very little pub when it comes to football in our area. The big boys get it all. This Egan team is very young and have really turned it around the 2nd half of the season.

LC is banged up and I think you could see the Eagles pull away in this one. But kudos to LC and Tom Kirk for the job he has done this yr. Both these teams don't have many bodies so playing this deep into the season is a major challenge.

First 5 games - 2-3
Last 5 games - 2-3

Losing to NG (10-0) in the closing seconds and O'Hara (7-4) on the road in similar fashion showed signs. Since the WC game this team has been in every game and you could argue should of won them all. Tonight is a chance to avenge one of those losses.

Sorry missed the sarcasm Relay. Methinks I was a little too sensitive there.

Same with me...Relayer

It's all good fellas, enjoy the games this weekend!

dada, I'm curious to see where they might play a possible Egan-Palidases game. Probably Northeast if D12 if hosting, but common sense would say Bucks Co. However, we know putting the PIAA and common sense in the same sentence is an oxymoron.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT