ADVERTISEMENT

District 1 Power Ratings: 6A

Stalker

Gold Member
Oct 13, 2001
I’m taking another stab at the PRs showing statistical results for 1st round games. I’ll just show the margin to keep it shorter. But here’s an eg of the power ratings; North Penn rates at 149.89, Ridley at 123.46, with my showing just the difference or margin for the teams below. If I noticed anything interesting I made a comment. So here goes. Home team higher seed on left.

#1 North Penn 10-0 vs #16 Ridley 6-4; 26.43 North Penn
Few blowouts but a lot of close calls to Neshaminy by 1, LaSalle by 8, CR South by 3 and Souderton by 1, CR South going to double overtime. 6 straight for Ridley following Radnor blowout and 3 point ot loss to Springfield. May be outgunned but Ridley will bring it.

#8 Neshaminy 7-3 vs #9 Haverford 8-2; 3.22 Haverford
Two 1 point losses (North Penn, Truman) might deceive, hiding a better than advertised team with the 8 seed but rolling now with 5 straight wins. Haverford can explode offensively playing an underrated level of defense. 10 points separated them from an undefeated season. Home field edge to Skins evens this one out.

#4 Downingtown West 9-1 vs #13 Upper Darby 7-3; 28.08 Downingtown West
Excepting the Coatesville loss, only Shanahan gave Whippets a run losing on a failed 2-pt conversion 14-13 with West coming off the Downingtown East win possibly factoring in. Like Haverford, an underrated D supported by a sizeable offense. UD flashed good stuff but early, taking Springfield to ot then fizzled vs Ridley 32-14 and G-Val 56-10, both on the road, like this one.

#5 Truman 9-1 vs #12 Council Rock South 6-4; 2.78 Truman
Huge offense rarely slowed except loss to CR South 20-6 with Neshaminy and Pennsbury keeping it close losing 27-26, 29-24 respectively. Since Rock, Truman has rolled, winning 6 straight while a more inconsistent Hawk group has sputtered off and on but more importantly, recently, losing 2 of last 3. Home field might be the difference here in a rematch.

#2 Coatesville 10-0 vs #15 Central Bucks East 6-4; 52.67 Coatesville
Coatesville played a few good teams but haven’t been challenged, winning by an average score of 47-10. Pats have great balance and a decent Qb at 64% but not enough of it to keep up with Raiders. Won their last 4 to come in positive.

#7 Spring Ford 8-2 vs #10 Downingtown East 8-2; 8.77 Downingtown East
Rams got out of town and played some people, Wilson, Wayne Valley, Exeter Twp but couldn’t beat Perk Val at home tho that might serve as tonic here. East lost 2 of last 3 with an offense that disappeared and are now in their fourth straight road game.

#3 Garnet Valley 10-0 vs #14 Pennsbury 5-5; 22.44 Garnet Valley
At 154.24, G-Val is the 2nd highest rated team in the district. But not the same team as last year with a number of close calls that could have gone the other way, Haverford by 7, Springfield by 6, Radnor by 1. Pennsbury won some they should have lost and lost some they should have won but recovered from a 1-3 start

#6 Perkiomen Valley 8-2 vs #11 Quakertown 8-2; 4.49 Perkiomen Valley
Like Spring Ford, Perk Val played a more diverse schedule of teams going far and wide while Quakertown stayed in the SOL except for Kennett. Perk Val is on an 8 game winning streak where senior Qb Cole Peterlin could be the difference at home but has not had the protection he had last year. And the Panthers are actually playing defense this year, allowing 15ppg with no one scoring over 19 points against them all year! Looks like one of the more competitive games in the district.

Something to keep an eye on are the 3 road teams playing on grass in bad weather. I believe Haverford, Quakertown and Ridley have played a combined one game on a grass field all season.

I think Truman wins comfortably. They were missing several starters in their loss at South. I know it's a rivalry, but only beating CRN last week 17-7 is concerning.

Something to keep an eye on are the 3 road teams playing on grass in bad weather. I believe Haverford, Quakertown and Ridley have played a combined one game on a grass field all season.

I think Truman wins comfortably. They were missing several starters in their loss at South. I know it's a rivalry, but only beating CRN last week 17-7 is concerning.

The Ridley-North Penn game has been moved to Wisshaickon. I'm going to assume that's a turf field?

The Ridley-North Penn game has been moved to Wisshaickon. I'm going to assume that's a turf field?

Thanks for the heads up. Yes it's turf. NP played all their playoff games at Wissahickon when winning the state title in 2003. Can't believe it's already been 15 years. Somewhat ironic they opened the playoffs against Ridley too that year and the game was at Wissahickon.

Thanks for the heads up. Yes it's turf. NP played all their playoff games at Wissahickon when winning the state title in 2003. Can't believe it's already been 15 years. Somewhat ironic they opened the playoffs against Ridley too that year and the game was at Wissahickon.
Any talk of replacing the grass up there in the 215? I think oxford is the last grass field in the Chesmont League?

That's interesting. One of the games I watched last week was Chambersburg at Carlisle, their first game of the year on grass where they had all kinds of trouble, winning 27-20 but with 2 Pick-6's.
That's the first time I ever saw a walk off Pick-6.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT