ADVERTISEMENT

Denied 5th year by PIAA?....

TDjones22

Feb 5, 2015
So let me understand this right..

Roman for Freshman & Sophomore year

Transferred to Haverford for Sophomore (repeat) & Junior year

Transferred to Judge for Senior year (2016)

Expected to play football for his 5th Season was just Denied PIAA eligibility 7-0 ruling per my source.
Good for the PIAA.

You can't say your going to Haverford for 2 years then going to Judge, which what was said to some Roman players a few years ago

How can a parent let this happen and move there kid to 3 schools just for Football? I can see if you moved or financial reasons or went to another state but this is all in Philly & PIAA. Parents are the blame for this one, only the kid gets hurt in the end..... He’s only an Average player if that.. If he was a star he would be playing College right now......Only thing to do now is hit the books

Why are you fixated on "one" kid's situation. No problem with how the PIAA ruled on this matter. You must be a butt hurt individual about this "one" kid. In fact, do you personally know the kid? Are you one of the former coaches at said schools that the kid attended? Water under the bridge. This is why the PIAA exists. You don't know what the circumstance are to place judgement on the parent. The kid was not accepted back into Haverford after the 2015 season ended. He suffered a injury (knee) at some point in the season last year. He missed some games. Not sure how many but that may be something the family was trying to appeal. Also, the kid is very talented and has impressed the Temple staff during the camps this spring. So I'm not sure where you are a judge of talent. He was a weapon for HS before he was injured. I wish him the best and hopefully he can finish at a prep school or focus on his academics (intelligent kid). How easily we can put our kids out on front street BUT have child molesters coaching at Wood. Let's talk about some real filthy crap right there. Where's the outrage in this site about the Sandusky behavior out there in The county?

I have heard, in the past, that Haverford School will ask transfers (not only athletes) to repeat their previous year. This isn't necessarily a reflection on the student, but allows the transfer to become acclimated to the academic challenges of the school.

It's ashame for the kid but he had to know this when he left haverford so whether he gets accepted back there or goes the prep school route good luck to him he is a pretty good athlete

I have heard, in the past, that Haverford School will ask transfers (not only athletes) to repeat their previous year. This isn't necessarily a reflection on the student, but allows the transfer to become acclimated to the academic challenges of the school.

This is probably true and can happen at most of the Inter-AC schools.

I think the issue in this particular case is that there has been talk that this has been the plan all along. Add in that after this season he mentioned that he would do another year at the Hill School. Obviously, I can't say any of this is completely accurate. It's just stuff that I heard.

A football injury in itself isn't going to be enough to get another year. If a kid sufferes a very serious injury football or not, and it forces that kid to miss a lot of school, so much to the point that promotion can't take place, then you might have a case.

Why are you fixated on "one" kid's situation. No problem with how the PIAA ruled on this matter. You must be a butt hurt individual about this "one" kid. In fact, do you personally know the kid? Are you one of the former coaches at said schools that the kid attended? Water under the bridge. This is why the PIAA exists. You don't know what the circumstance are to place judgement on the parent. The kid was not accepted back into Haverford after the 2015 season ended. He suffered a injury (knee) at some point in the season last year. He missed some games. Not sure how many but that may be something the family was trying to appeal. Also, the kid is very talented and has impressed the Temple staff during the camps this spring. So I'm not sure where you are a judge of talent. He was a weapon for HS before he was injured. I wish him the best and hopefully he can finish at a prep school or focus on his academics (intelligent kid). How easily we can put our kids out on front street BUT have child molesters coaching at Wood. Let's talk about some real filthy crap right there. Where's the outrage in this site about the Sandusky behavior out there in The county?

Owl, the child molester comment isn't really fair. It's not like the people at Wood knew this was going on and allowed this coach to continue coaching. Let's be reasonable for a second here. Just a sad situation in many forms.

Was thrown out of haverford school for cursing off a teacher. Real hardship.

Owl, the child molester comment isn't really fair. It's not like the people at Wood knew this was going on and allowed this coach to continue coaching. Let's be reasonable for a second here. Just a sad situation in many forms.
Anything can happen at anytime with a coach or a player,like judge taken a good athlete who decides to leave school and meet his buddy to go to a fight at a public school and watch him shoot an innocent girl it happens you never know what's gonna happen over time.we need to move on about football 2 weeks away from game time

Reactions: lilromeo
Perfect example of the way high school football is run in the year 2016 all across this country. Kudos to the PIAA and the league for not allowing this to happen. Parents and players think they can just dictate every situation in high school sports. Particuarly football and basketball in this area. That was certainly the case here. Its unfortunate now this kid has an uphill battle trying to land on his feet. But hopefully this sets the precedent that trying to work the system just isn't gonna fly.

Why isn't it fair to shine light on that situation. I'm not placing blame on Wood or insenuating that they knew the guy was a child predator but they never came out in the media and accepted the fact that he coached on the football team. Good PR magic on their end. I'm sure they'll say they've conducted their own internal investigation to CYA the situation and ease the parents concerns. But back to this issue. Hey, I'm fine with how the PIAA ruled in this instance. But it's funny how we throw or kids is issues out on the stake and everyone has a jab at it. To say the kid isn't that good or judging his ability is not the point. Say the PIAA made the ruling and leave it go. We get it. Great. Next rumor and hearsay.

Hey Owl, if the Wood issue is something you need to get off your chest then start a thread and people will comment.

This thread is important because hopefully parents/players will learn from it and maybe when they choose a high school out of 8th grade it's the one they plan on spending for the next 4 years instead of playing the free agent market since day 1 freshman year.

In this case the adults in this kids camp have been in his ear since 8th grade telling him how good he is and telling him things that should be kept to themselves. Players play, parents parent. When the people involved start getting in the head of immature kids, it becomes a disaster. Now who suffers? The player who had tons of potential but had his high school career ruined because adults got in the way.

Best thing for him to do is find a juco far far away from here and let him start over without any interference. He has 2 years to right the ship. Start by concentrating on the things he can control like academics and character. It's never too late!

Reactions: Hookman2
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT