ADVERTISEMENT

Defense?

Udinski came from Central Bucks and DePaw came from Norristown. Let me guess.. what a coincidence! These kids moved to play football! Nuff said. As far as academics, quality of education (smaller classes from teachers not unionized and love their job) and forming of well rounded young man for society. North Penn is a very solid pub but nowhere near a Prep education. Lastly this is a football board. Hands down Prep is the benchmark for football in these parts. You need to open your eyes to the outside world young man.

I'm not sure whether or not a teacher being unionized has to do with how much a teacher loves their job. As in every workplace there are some that do and some that do not..I would venture to say that also goes with how well someone is "rounded"..

But looking at average standardized test scores (niche.com)

Prep SAT 1300 ACT 30
LS SAT 1250 ACT 29
NP SAT 1240 ACT 28

again I'm only a public school kid (ok maybe the "kid" ship has sailed)... but I find it hard to justify spending $20k + a year for 60 SAT points or 3 ACT points.. LS is even a lesser value with a 10 and 1 point differential.

I'm not picking private schools...my kids went to Catholic school.. and before I'm told that the string is a about D again in a condescending tone.. I'm only bringing it up because of the remark that was mentioned above

Chesmont
I agree with you there the benchmark
Tuition per player 22900 x80 players figure half of them start or play regularly that's a million dollars since not many people can pay 20gs a year a good portion is financial aid .They are the best team money can buy
Trap - You sure have a jaded view of the non pubs and that’s too bad. I don’t know specifically how if any are being helped financially but would imagine many are being helped. At Private School is need based so some kids may be receiving 1-5k and some kids may be receiving 7-15k. I’d be very surprised if anyone gets a full ride. Yeah they are getting some help but certainly not all are getting a free ride. In my opinion when anyone moves for football you can call it a transfer or a recruit or whatever. The bottom line is they left a school to go to another to play football. NP is one of them. Most people who follow high school football in our area know that.

Lets watch using any of this internet info. The niche info you site is the average of the 586 people who responded, safe to say that this is not representative of the true average for any of the schools:
-Average SAT composite score out of 1600, as reported by Niche users from this school.
586 responses
How bout we say it best as "never spend another man's money". So we stick to football here on this football forum.
Fact remains cover asked which defense could stand out. Looking at the big picture, not seeing one defense stick out in D1. Whether this is a longstanding trend in D1 or not remains to be seen, but the focus is certainly not on defense, it is offense. Perhaps it is a defense against the recruiting efforts of the non-pubs but by and large our big District 1 pubs have gone full 7v7.
Np, GV, DTE already used to shootouts, maybe that is to their advantage in playoffs. Coatesville hasn't given up many points, how will they react when it happens.

Not spending any mans money.. simply responding to a post that I did not agree with..glad to hear you are the posting police.. and will make sure everyone only posts about football..

Trap - You sure have a jaded view of the non pubs and that’s too bad. I don’t know specifically how if any are being helped financially but would imagine many are being helped. At Private School is need based so some kids may be receiving 1-5k and some kids may be receiving 7-15k. I’d be very surprised if anyone gets a full ride. Yeah they are getting some help but certainly not all are getting a free ride. In my opinion when anyone moves for football you can call it a transfer or a recruit or whatever. The bottom line is they left a school to go to another to play football. NP is one of them. Most people who follow high school football in our area know that.

Chesmont I have no problem with Private/Catholic schools went to one my self The problem I have is when you can recruit and pay someone to play football
don't say that your team is the benchmark . If you want complain about north penn are you going to tell me that kids don't transfer from twin valley or octorara to coatesville or neshaminy and pennsbury didnt get kids from bensalem and truman.. Lets agree that for the time being barring a upset it will be the SJP LS AW TEP PCC NG MCDEVIT from harrisburg and such winning states.

Chestmont.. I'm in the same boat more or less as Trap... I like watching local kids do well.. I agree it will probably be the teams he mentioned going to states from the east as usual.. and honestly I don't care where they get there players from.. my kids have friends that go to those schools as well as family members.. and guess what their all great kids...what burns my bubble is when the alum act as they are the football gods.. when they're really an all star team pulling in kids from all over the place....(as open enrollment schools they are not breaking any rules so good for them)..but just call it as it is...

Is NP guilty of joining the party absolutely.. and I have blasted them for it on this and other boards.. but got to the point where it's not worth the time and energy to complain because nothing will change..

Reactions: Salvucci
was speaking in general terms about people worrying about tuitions.

Not worried about tuition as long as it is comparable amongst all the applicants.. Meaning, if a great flutist has the same academic record and the same financial situation as a football player that that family gets the same tuition help to go to the school. I hope that is the case. I am sure it is...

Chesmont
I agree with you there the benchmark
Tuition per player 22900 x80 players figure half of them start or play regularly that's a million dollars since not many people can pay 20gs a year a good portion is financial aid .They are the best team money can buy
Glad we agree prep is the benchmark but you are off about the financial piece. I guess I’ll take your word about being a private schooler ;-). This thread is about defense and am gonna respond only to defense related responses,

ok.. he's a twist to the D question on criteria.. can the strength of a teams D be based solely on the total points given up in a season.. what I mean is wouldn't you also have to take the level of competition also into account.

For example Wood lost to Prep 27-7.. does that mean that Wood's D should be penalized because they gave up 27 pints to a nationally ranked team.. DTE beat NP 61-41.. both teams struggled on D and within the district are normally strong teams so on that given night were both teams D's that weak or the O that strong?

..also what if a team late in a one sided game gives up a couple TDs using deep bench players is it really a slant on their D.. however the other side of that same scenario could be late in a one sided game the winning team goes deep into their bench players and still give up no TDs could it be said that they have a stronger D?

I'm not really at individual teams.. more at what is a good criteria that could be used

Trap, I'd probably argue Pine-Richland is the favorite in 6A and Harrisburg is the favorite in 5A right now. Not saying SJP and AW are far behind, but if I had to guess right now I'd lean to the two public schools out west. I agree with your point for the most part though. Just trying to say we may have some all time showdowns in the state title games this year (and I am not crowning SJP or AW as eastern champs, just speculating what may happen).

Green beans makes a very good point. The better 6a teams are playing more difficult non league schedules so they may give up some more points then if they played weaker teams. The stronger 6A teams are also pounding weaker league opponents and then the JV defense is in against the other teams varsity offense which may lead to some points being given up. I believe it happened to North Penn a little bit last year and it's happening to several teams now. No one keeps record of these things for sure

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT