ADVERTISEMENT

Conestoga

SPEED&JUMP DR.

Jan 3, 2007
head coach John Vogan seuspended and three team members arrested for hazing incident. The suspension looks indefinite. Vogan is also involved in Stogas highly acclaimed baseball program. No word if the suspension carries over to baseball

I'm sure Conestoga football players affected by this hazing incident could transfer to North Penn, they will take them.

At the moment, it looks as if the suspension will carry over to baseball.[/QUOTE. Obviously innocent until proven guilty but the seniors sticking a broom stick up the freshmans @$$? WTF. The quotes by the seniors were gay insulation.. Jesus..a friend mine said he thought they may have the tendencies. Ain't right.

As the commissioner of the league I here to say the central league this off season has been a total nightmare with handing of HC jobs out like candy at Ridley. A horrible a Sadly very disturbing issue at connestoga and the endless shady things that have occurred during the off season, anyone putting there name in for the HC at Stoga yet. The rich people in Berwyn must be double checking there money to make sure it's safe for " No gay Thursday"

My Mom knows Vogan and says a good he's a good guy for what it's worth. My apologies in advance but story similar in the Penn State where Vogan... Although not present could well face criminal charges or potential lawsuit (similar to Paterno) as he is responsible for football and the kids. With the make up of "Stoga" being liberal, many lawyer parents, wealthy white collar, etc. I wonder how many lawsuits we will see from this one? This one I can't even joke about as these seniors (if true) have some serious mental issues thinking something like this is funny. Side note but the Chester County DA Hogan is just as bad as Chitwood of Upper Darby police always seeking the limelight on the news.

Not making excuses. I do see two problems.
1, Many head coaches and assistance coaches today are not in the schools. Lack of extra ears is a problem. If something happens more then once it gets around by word of mouth, social media.
2, team leadership. This is on the coach for not knowing the students he/she puts in this position. After having players for 2/3 years a coach should know is players character. As a player & a parent you know something about other kids, so why not the coach?

I feel bad for Vogan he is a stand up guy, but that crap that went on there is crazy and there is no doubt that other kids on the team had to know about it or heard about it and told someone. They should cancel there season next year because those kids just even knowing about it should be charged. I bet the rich is going to find a way to get richer up there in Berwyn

I feel bad for Vogan he is a stand up guy, but that crap that went on there is crazy and there is no doubt that other kids on the team had to know about it or heard about it and told someone. They should cancel there season next year because those kids just even knowing about it should be charged. I bet the rich is going to find a way to get richer up there in Berwyn

Actually, there should be and probably is doubt. That's why there has to be an investigation first. We seen what happens when wingnuts go off thinking they know the whole story...think Duke LaCrosse. (Heck even Penn State has the courts and NCAA walking things back almost weekly).

Reactions: lilromeo
Agree that with that you have enough money you can weasel your way out of lawsuits. We've witnessed first hand in PA.

It's funny how the DA came out making all that noise with broomsticks and stuff but, it's been crickets over there. Sounds like the power of the rich just became more powerful than the DA, what a bum

I wouldn't say its exactly crickets but maybe the wheels of justice moving slowwwwwwwww. They did end up arresting 3 kids ( more precisely, the 3 kids turned themselves in). The next step would be a preliminary hearing for all 3-although maybe not all at the same date and time. My understanding is the alleged victim in all of this is no angel and there may be more to the story thatn whats been reported.

Vogan has just resigned his position effective immediately and the entire varsity and JV staffs have been let go-effective immediately.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT