ADVERTISEMENT

Any of these games televised or streamlined?

There is no indication from any of the TV or Streamline sources that any of the games will be shown. A few years ago I remember reading that the state PIAA made it difficult for broadcasters.

Weather looks bad Friday night & Saturday. Some good college games on TV this weekend will help.

The Championship games will be shown on PCN network the following weekend.

If, as you say, the PIAA makes it difficult, that is beyond stupid. Are they worried about hurting the gate? Sell some ads! Kberg had a post earlier about how D1 charges more fees than the PIAA this time of year. And he should know. I don't get it. With bad weather in the forecast, and the distance, how many ABW backers will be there tomorrow? Florida has a Bright House Networks channel just for high school sports. They broadcast a football game of the week,with others on tape delay, coupled with pundit and highlight shows. They televise playoff games and the finals, and they have 8 classifications down there! Beyond 'The Big Ticket' and NPV's coverage, we don't have much else. I don't get it.

Agree LS9er. The NFL found out years ago that TV games increase attendance and interest in their product.

In our area around Phila high school football is not the draw that it is in other sections of the state. But there still appears to be no coverage of these games anywhere. Maybe we will catch up with Florida and rest of the country in a few years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT