ADVERTISEMENT

All Catholic

Explain why SJP coach should be coach of the year. I pose the question to you that you truly believe that if they continued down the same path they were traveling the past two seasons they would have had the same record? I say absolutely not. I’ll go one step further, Coach Prete lost his best player, would be 4 year starter, Brian Burton. And if he didn’t get the job there are other players who would have went elsewhere. They’re 5-6 right now with Carroll on thanksgiving, giving them the opportunity to be 6-6. That’s Not a losing record that’s .500 if they win.
One more question, are you of the mindset that the HC of the championship team should be coach of the year? Keep in mind it was Coach Prete’s peers who voted for him! Coach Roaken is doing a great job at SJP and most likely win a state championship however I would say Coach Prete has done a lot more with less than Roaken. Just my opinion.

Although I'm a roman guy .... prep's hc should of won coach of the year. We finished exactly where everyone thought we would finish. Maybe the win against wood........ losing season record wise.

I agree 100% with you. Since when did 5-6 make you Coach of the year? That is a complete joke. Especially to give the award to a Coach that rips every program in the PCL every chance he gets.

Maybe his peers should take a look at his social media post or talk to some of the parents of the kids he is actively recruiting.

Explain why SJP coach should be coach of the year. I pose the question to you that you truly believe that if they continued down the same path they were traveling the past two seasons they would have had the same record? I say absolutely not. I’ll go one step further, Coach Prete lost his best player, would be 4 year starter, Brian Burton. And if he didn’t get the job there are other players who would have went elsewhere. They’re 5-6 right now with Carroll on thanksgiving, giving them the opportunity to be 6-6. That’s Not a losing record that’s .500 if they win.
One more question, are you of the mindset that the HC of the championship team should be coach of the year? Keep in mind it was Coach Prete’s peers who voted for him! Coach Roaken is doing a great job at SJP and most likely win a state championship however I would say Coach Prete has done a lot more with less than Roaken. Just my opinion.
My question to you is what has he done? I'm considering everything you're saying, but besides beating Wood, he's doing the same thing we thought anyone who took over to do. It's debatable that Brian Burton is the best player on that team..... although he's a good player as well, but best can be argued.

I agree 100% with you. Since when did 5-6 make you Coach of the year? That is a complete joke. Especially to give the award to a Coach that rips every program in the PCL every chance he gets.

Maybe his peers should take a look at his social media post or talk to some of the parents of the kids he is actively recruiting.

What’s wrong with his social media post? As far from what I’ve seen on social media he never once has talked down about ANYONE or any other program. I know him pretty well. Well enough to know that he doesn’t bash or belittle anyone or their program. He simply sells his program and his school. I AM aware however of a program in NE Philadelphia dragging his name through the mud. Perhaps a first time poster who is outraged by Coach Prete being named coach of the year would know more about that?

My question to you is what has he done? I'm considering everything you're saying, but besides beating Wood, he's doing the same thing we thought anyone who took over to do. It's debatable that Brian Burton is the best player on that team..... although he's a good player as well, but best can be argued.

He took a winless team from last season with 135 PF and 363 PA and changed the entire mentality and culture of the program. They lost to Ryan and Judge last year and it wasn't even that close. Wood beat them 42-0!!
Took a team that finished the season with maybe 30 kids on the entire Varsity / JV roster combined and went 5-6 potentially 6-6.
You want to exclude the Wood win, why? That win was a stamp on this program and validation that he changed that culture. Contrary to popular belief of coaches at a certain NE PCL school, this Roman roster was not transfer loaded. They have 2 transfers. LaSalle has more than that.
I can see your point as to why you think SJP should have coach of the year. With that being said I don't think it is insane that Coach Prete was named coach of the year.

What’s wrong with his social media post? As far from what I’ve seen on social media he never once has talked down about ANYONE or any other program. I know him pretty well. Well enough to know that he doesn’t bash or belittle anyone or their program. He simply sells his program and his school. I AM aware however of a program in NE Philadelphia dragging his name through the mud. Perhaps a first time poster who is outraged by Coach Prete being named coach of the year would know more about that?

I do not know anything about any programs in NE dragging his name through the mud, but I most certainly know how much he talks bad about other programs/coaches on a regular basis.

Yes, I am a 1st time poster, I am not outraged by Coach Prete being named Coach of the year. I just think its a joke that a Coach that went 5-6 is named COY.

I do not know anything about any programs in NE dragging his name through the mud, but I most certainly know how much he talks bad about other programs/coaches on a regular basis.

Yes, I am a 1st time poster, I am not outraged by Coach Prete being named Coach of the year. I just think its a joke that a Coach that went 5-6 is named COY.
Well I guess we will agree to disagree on Coach Prete's character. Hopefully his social media posts don't offend you in the future.

This is trolling. The guy never rips any other school or talks down on them. Just went through all the old post I’ve seen and even in the losses it says hats off to the other team or something to that extent. Your Uttering nonsense. I’m on his social media all the time, believe me this is nonsense. I challenge you to go through his social media and give an example of bad mouthing? One more thing I know about Rick, he won’t even talk to people he doesn’t know.

RCH, going back to your old post when the hire was announced, you’re bitter. Simple as that.

Lastly, You do know the voting is done by his peers?

Reactions: CYOBALL1
This is trolling. The guy never rips any other school or talks down on them. Just went through all the old post I’ve seen and even in the losses it says hats off to the other team or something to that extent. Your Uttering nonsense. I’m on his social media all the time, believe me this is nonsense. I challenge you to go through his social media and give an example of bad mouthing? One more thing I know about Rick, he won’t even talk to people he doesn’t know.

RCH, going back to your old post when the hire was announced, you’re bitter. Simple as that.

Agree with everything you said 100%. RCH is a “Roman” guy but never has anything positive to say about Roman. Lol

Agree with everything you said 100%. RCH is a “Roman” guy but never has anything positive to say about Roman. Lol
That’s untrue. I’m I was happy when they beat wood. Sorry I’m an old school realist. I’m a fan of the game of football, good football. My opinion is that the prep guy took over for a program that set a high bar and didn’t fail. Prete took a team in Roman that been a mid pack team and did the same thing.

Bitter bc I have an opinion on a forum? I’ll take that. :):):)

That’s untrue. I’m I was happy when they beat wood. Sorry I’m an old school realist. I’m a fan of the game of football, good football. My opinion is that the prep guy took over for a program that set a high bar and didn’t fail. Prete took a team in Roman that been a mid pack team and did the same thing.
When was Roman mid pack? 3 wins in 2 years and that’s mid pack? Who had a bigger impact on their program? Roken who took over a nationally ranked program who has endless support from his school or Prete who basically has to do everything himself? But you’re a “Roman guy” so you already know about how much he has to do. Right? You’re delusional.

When was Roman mid pack? 3 wins in 2 years and that’s mid pack? Who had a bigger impact on their program? Roken who took over a nationally ranked program who has endless support from his school or Prete who basically has to do everything himself? But you’re a “Roman guy” so you already know about how much he has to do. Right? You’re delusional.
Why am I delusional. I know he’s your guy,but everyone is entitled to their opinions. When I say mid pack I’m speaking on just red. Roman finishes with Judge and Ryan every year and they flip flop occasionally. That’s fact. Coming into the year (after the hire) I made a post saying this the year they beat lasalle bc I thought they would. Just bc I thought the prep guy should of won coy don’t mean Prete didn’t do a good job.

How did Conwell Egan get 5 players 1st team with that record? Can anyone explain, Im baffled.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT