ADVERTISEMENT

Transfers

Mactatty

Apr 2, 2015
Syaire madden from chestnut hill transfers to lasalle.big loss for chestnut hill very fast

Idk I was surprised when I heard it especially with lasalle having 2 backs return

I have it from a reliable source that he will play 3 games each with SCH, Lasalle and Wood. After 9 games, he will then go to the team he believes has the best shot at winning a state title. At the conclusion of the state playoffs, he will return to SCH and graduate as a member of the Class of 2016.

His brother graduated last year?
Attend a higher profile program to put his ample talents on display?
A shot at a state championship?
Wins?

His brother graduated two years ago didnt he? So he has to go to school with his brother? So Cedric graduated from SCH last year and now attends LaSalle?
Attend a higher profile program and a chance at a state championship. Hmm.. Why not transfer to the prep? Stability at the head coach position, travel all over to play and play in state championship games.
If youre good enough, colleges will find you.

His brother graduated two years ago didnt he? So he has to go to school with his brother? So Cedric graduated from SCH last year and now attends LaSalle?
Attend a higher profile program and a chance at a state championship. Hmm.. Why not transfer to the prep? Stability at the head coach position, travel all over to play and play in state championship games.
Just my conjecture, CYO, but I believe I can answer why any running back who wants to be the feature back on his HS team would not transfer to SJP this year in just two words - 'D'Andre Swift'

Reactions: ed o'brien
I have it from a reliable source that he will play 3 games each with SCH, Lasalle and Wood. After 9 games, he will then go to the team he believes has the best shot at winning a state title. At the conclusion of the state playoffs, he will return to SCH and graduate as a member of the Class of 2016.
Cute ... but what would be quite a challenge as I believe he is in the Class of 2017

His brother Sameir graduated last year ... I was just venturing a few possible reasons I can think of that might enter a 16-year-old's mind ... regardless of what Syaire's actual reasons were, I had heard on another thread that it was Wood he was headed for.

WPIAL , the most restrictive district in the state, rules PCC transfer Justice Evans ineligible for football. He enrolled at Central in Jan.

Any at joes prep fans know what happened to James cherry he isn't on the roster wanted to see where he transfered to or is he just focusing on another sport

The posted Prep roster includes only those sophomores who played varsity as freshmen. I'm sure the names of the rest of this year's sophomores will be added fairly soon.

WPIAL , the most restrictive district in the state, rules PCC transfer Justice Evans ineligible for football. He enrolled at Central in Jan.

Yea, if PCC was in D12, no one would say a word. The WPIAL needs to lighten up, let the kid transfer. There doesn't seem to be any common ground across the state.

Reactions: pcc64
Is it true Isaiah jones from Germantown academy transfered to lasalle.i don't know if it's definite

Prince smith is at Imhotep I never heard of them I think he was referring to another player

As of yesterday Smith wasn't accepted into Imhotep. When IC had their charter renewed one of the agreements was for them to be run/managed by the Sankofa group. So, things have changed some in terms of them getting kids into the school. With that said, my gut is that Smith will be admitted at some point.

The other FJ WR is R. Blackshear and I'm hearing Wood. Expect this one to be contested if true.

Reactions: Mactatty
I just read on Easternpafootball.com that All Berks County LB/OL Eric Bodolus is now attending Pottsgrove in the Pioneer Athletic Conference.

As of yesterday Smith wasn't accepted into Imhotep. When IC had their charter renewed one of the agreements was for them to be run/managed by the Sankofa group. So, things have changed some in terms of them getting kids into the school. With that said, my gut is that Smith will be admitted at some point.

The other FJ WR is R. Blackshear and I'm hearing Wood. Expect this one to be contested if true.

If he's a senior, it definitely should be. The poaching of senior talented players to play their final year at Wood is a disgrace and embarrassment to the PCL and District 12. I've been preaching to the choir on this for the last few years, guess no one really cares?? This is NOT a academic upgrade move, nor is it a gross financial/tuition difference. If the young man lives in Warminster, I could understand it, but then why not matriculate there as a frosh? If I'm FJ, wouldn't sign off.

The overwhelming majority of PCL schools will not take a transfer student, athlete or otherwise, after their junior year in high school unless unforeseen circumstances arise i.e. school closure, family move... It looks horrible to the league and D12, and we wonder why there's such distain and negative commentary regarding open boundary advantages for the PCL/Charter's outside the district!!

I've had my comments on this topic removed in the past, I really believe it's worth discussing and debating.

This is all getting crazy Piaa isn't doing anything about it so it must not be a big deal

If he's a senior, it definitely should be. The poaching of senior talented players to play their final year at Wood is a disgrace and embarrassment to the PCL and District 12. I've been preaching to the choir on this for the last few years, guess no one really cares?? This is NOT a academic upgrade move, nor is it a gross financial/tuition difference. If the young man lives in Warminster, I could understand it, but then why not matriculate there as a frosh? If I'm FJ, wouldn't sign off.

The overwhelming majority of PCL schools will not take a transfer student, athlete or otherwise, after their junior year in high school unless unforeseen circumstances arise i.e. school closure, family move... It looks horrible to the league and D12, and we wonder why there's such distain and negative commentary regarding open boundary advantages for the PCL/Charter's outside the district!!

I've had my comments on this topic removed in the past, I really believe it's worth discussing and debating.

I won't do anything this time lol

I won't do anything this time lol

Thx Ed, I appreciate that. I truly feel as though it's a horrid stain on the league and why we get the brunt end of negative commentary around SEPA and beyond. Seeing the level of respondents thus far, guess no one cares much, which probably enables the offenders even further.

Or as Mactatty stated....."PIAA isn't doing anything about it, so"......

To me, it's a PCL/Charter/D12 policing problem, the indifference is deafening...

Huck was told jones left Germantown academy because they wanted him to play running back.

Makes sense because McCloskey has two years left.

Not sure Jones can win LS QB job with the sr. Ferguson there. He's waited patiently behind Shurmur for two years. However, at minimum I can see Jones doing a little wildcat there; possibly playing some RB, DB, and involved is special teams for a year. Then, having two years to play the position he desires to play.

Last edited:
Blackshear will be a junior, not a senior.

Also, it's more on the kids. The lack of loyalty is alarming in some cases. Everyone thinks the grass is greener someplace else. Everyone thinks they are a D-1 player. They don't always get the soundest of advice. There's a ton of players and only a limited amount of scholarships to go around. Simple numbers game. Kids see others getting attention at marquee places like Imhotep and Wood and think it can be them, too. They talk to one another, train together, do 7-7 together, and that's typically how a high-profile transfer begins. I think the problem lies in loyalty from payers than coaches "poaching" the talent.

Reactions: RCH13co18
Makes sense because McCloskey has two years left.

Not sureJones can win LS QB job with a the sr. Ferguson there. He's waited patiently behind Shurmur for two years. However, at minimum I can see Jones doing a little wildcat there; possibly playing some RB, DB, and involved is special teams for a year. Then, having two years to play the position he desires to play.

Huck,
After the consensus of "pundits"(not you) had buried this LS team to an essential non-factor following the Gordon's departure saga and grad loses, could be an intriguing season??

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT