ADVERTISEMENT

SJP

Thanks NA, BP and Drip. I'm the last one to get after PCC with family from there.

Thanks for the response, trying to get a handle on 6A beyond SJP. I think its WAY up in the air.
* PCC looking formidable with a schedule that supports notion. 46 allowed to Bethel?
* NA too with a far less formidable slate tho PCC's teams were rebuilding.
Thing about 6A Wpial is they'll work it out next few weeks with rematches in post season.

* State College lost to a very good Dtown East team, will rep D6
* Harrisburg usually responds after a bad loss but still a very young team.
* Township; My favorite with premature call last year but did a number on Hbg last week 38-6
* Central Dauphin coming on per last week's rout of a decent Coatesville 35-13
Like Wpial, these teams all play each other then rematch.

* Parkland is blowing teams away allowing 21 total
* Naz as above at Park next
Neither Emmaus or Freedom can stay handle these two with SJP waiting.

That's my take on things to date.
Stalk PCC was up 52-12 on Bethel park when they put their jv in.

Reactions: Stalker
well that does improve my opinion of them, i think they are definitely the favorites in the WPIAL but no threat to SJP at this moment
maybe not threat yet- but in the next 5 weeks- NA, Lebo, PR and Penn Hills- wow- if they win all, will go far!!

Of those games. NA will be the closest. Lebo will be a mercy rule game. Same with P-R. Penn Hills maybe not a mercy rule but it won't be close. Like BP maybe. PCC has too much skill and too good up front.

Of those games. NA will be the closest. Lebo will be a mercy rule game. Same with P-R. Penn Hills maybe not a mercy rule but it won't be close. Like BP maybe. PCC has too much skill and too good up front.
im planning on watching PCC v PR with my hands over my eyes, like u do when u watch a scary movie

Reactions: new2pa
and if the PR superintendent is at the game (but he wont be) im gonna go sit right next to him, maybe stare at him the whole time

and if the PR superintendent is at the game (but he wont be) im gonna go sit right next to him, maybe stare at him the whole time
Maybe you can periodically whisper “Kasper” around him. That would have him paranoid for sure. And make sure he knows you’re not talking about “Casper the friendly ghost”

maybe not threat yet- but in the next 5 weeks- NA, Lebo, PR and Penn Hills- wow- if they win all, will go far!!
i expect them to beat all of those teams easily, just like 2016

and then they see SJP in the finals... just like 2016

BP, I think the outcome of the game is the same, but this PCC team has a lot more offense than the 2016 team. Mainly, a skilled QB and legit WR's.

BP, I think the outcome of the game is the same, but this PCC team has a lot more offense than the 2016 team. Mainly, a skilled QB and legit WR's.
"is it jimmy and joes or Xs and Os?" I think PCC now has both- imo different than 16

SJ P is a national team.Central is not and their administration does not want to be a national team .
What do you mean by "a national team"? SJP does not draw players from outside commuting distance of Philly.

Reactions: Bighead75
You have no substance, explain why they have no chance?
they barely lost to IMG for one, which may as well be a college team

they are the defending champs with most of their key players back, they easily won it last year and should be better this year, while Central couldn't win the wpial in a down year last season

Central appears to be better than last year but they still have a lot to prove, beating NA a team beat them twice last year would be a start, but NA wasn't exactly a powerhouse last year either getting blown out by State College who is normally just a road block in between the state title game for the wpial champ, State then got blown out by Harrisburg... which then got curb stomped by SJP

now why don't you tell me why you think they have a chance, show me the "substance"

they barely lost to IMG for one, which may as well be a college team

they are the defending champs with most of their key players back, they easily won it last year and should be better this year, while Central couldn't win the wpial in a down year last season

Central appears to be better than last year but they still have a lot to prove, beating NA a team beat them twice last year would be a start, but NA wasn't exactly a powerhouse last year either getting blown out by State College who is normally just a road block in between the state title game for the wpial champ, State then got blown out by Harrisburg... which then got curb stomped by SJP

now why don't you tell me why you think they have a chance, show me the "substance"
Maybe you missed the offseason, but Central has improved 10 fold. we got rid of the dinosaur coaches and got forward thinkers. We have just as many D1 players as SJP. We can and we will mercy rule every team up until the State final. I think the state championship will be a classic. Dont get it twisted, this PCC team wont get destroyed by anyone. Now, you can keep on doubting, and those young men will continue to prove you wrong every step off the way

Viking. You think they are going to mercy rule NA? Heard Pgh cc lost a key lineman Friday. Can you confirm? NA is big on both lines, has some d1 athletes of their own and a tough ass qb. Mercy rule?

Viking. You think they are going to mercy rule NA? Heard Pgh cc lost a key lineman Friday. Can you confirm? NA is big on both lines, has some d1 athletes of their own and a tough ass qb. Mercy rule?
That dude doesn’t know what he’s saying and obviously hasn’t watched North Allegheny play

Yes, the mercy rule will be in effect on friday. I've heard from parents that the kid is questionable for this week. NA will not be ready for the full fledged assault that will take place. You have to remember this is a revenge game.

Yes, the mercy rule will be in effect on friday. I've heard from parents that the kid is questionable for this week. NA will not be ready for the full fledged assault that will take place. You have to remember this is a revenge game.
I have not seen NA live this year but think it will be a much closer game and did hear the lineman is legit and would be considered a big loss.

NA, at what position does NA have better players?

QB: No
WR: No
TE: No
OL: Push
LB: No
DL: No
DB: No if Gompers plays. Push otherwise

Coaching: No

I could be wrong but this is a 21+ point win for PCC.

Reactions: JACKY6996

Neutral opinion here from District 3:
Hard figuring this one without the eye test (e.g.; speed/quickness/depth, etc) for me, so it's just stats which usually hits at 75-77%. But it's early with a small sample size even for that, especially as neither have played a quality opponent except NA vs Canon McMillan.
* PCC has one win against a +.500 team in Lebo (1-1) 49-0 who's barely beating people. Their other 3 wins are against 4-9 teams.
* NA has a win against CMac (3-1) 30-6 who actually looks like a good team; their only opponent above .500. All others 3-9.

The math says NA by 5.96. Shallow stats..?..but there it is.

Reactions: roxychknpoxy
Stalk, IMO, that would be a monumental upset and an incredible coaching job by Walker and staff.

Reactions: JACKY6996
Stalk, IMO, that would be a monumental upset and an incredible coaching job by Walker and staff.
Just math New, not an opinion apart from the schedule read. But I'm anxious to see game/results as it's a monster game with ripple effects throughout the state.

We've got good teams in D3 but nothing super special tho H-burg and Township have special Qbs with maybe one developing at CD. Still early and all so we'll see.

Ches-Mont teams are strong despite CD taking it to Coatesville. The Ville is good stuff with I think real good stuff at the Downingtown schools who I feel will rep D1.
Parkland and Nazareth, especially Parkland are legit teams. Much sorted out this week.

Parkland-Allen CC
State Coll-CD
Wilson-Cedar Crest
York-Red Lion

I feel like you could have said this last year. Most of the Same kids are back. But I’d say NA coaching is better. More established

for now, SJP is the top dog in PA, and NA is the top dog in wpial 6A- but that might change friday
NA PCC game will be close and interesting. These are the two best teams both schools have had in a long time. These are also the two best teams in the state that aren't SJP. IMO winner of this game will be the favorite to represent the west in late December. I'm picking PCC. Peyton Wehner is playing lights out and the passing game seems much improved from past years. I'll go PCC 28-17.

you could've said that last year too, yet NA beat them twice

coaching? Lehmeier is already better than Art Walker Jr?

Well, the coaching thing is debatable. At P-R Coach Lehmeier's offense had its way with Walker the majority of the time. At SV, not so much.

I think a major differnece last year was that NA had a very good senior group and the PCC kids were Jrs and Sophs. PCC kids are seniors.

I will be very surprised if its less than a 21pt victory. NA has no real superstars. Need them to win big IMO. If PCC loses, well, then the hype machine on PCC players and coaches is way, way off.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT