ADVERTISEMENT

SJP 2023 Schedule

Sammy, you can't say--from North Carolina--that SJP is not a real high school and then complain about and patronize ("son") another poster for objecting.
Well ok I can say this. St. Joes Prep Football is not a regular HS football Program. So until PIAA allows something it will be St. Joes Preps world and PA football will be very very boring.

Last edited:
A few thoughts:

It looks like every game the Prep plays this year will be in a different location: Ocean City, Wilmington, Lakeland FL, Ramsay NJ (Bosco), Tennant (Wood), Franklin Field (LaSalle), wherever Roman plays its home games, suburban DC (Spalding), and probably O'Hara for the Judge game. That makes the schedule that little bit more formidable.

Biggest challenge for the Prep will probably be along its offensive line. Only two of six starters from last year are returning. I'm sure they'll be fine by playoff time, but those first four games will be an early test.
Do you think West has a chance to beat out Phillips for the starting RB position. He sure looks like he has the goods to be a stud.

Do you think West has a chance to beat out Phillips for the starting RB position. He sure looks like he has the goods to be a stud.
Yes. West has all the tools to be the best SJP running back since Swift. Phillips will still get lots of playing time, though. In recent years there's been lots of rotation of running backs, and I wouldn't be surprised to see both Phillips and West in at certain times.

Reactions: lilromeo
Not that any game is a really a 'game off' but that's a lot of consecutive heavyweights looking to show their stuff. Some are clearly established and won't be intimidated adding to the comp/physicality factor. And there likely won't be many opportunities to play backups adding to concerns for the long haul; 1st units not getting a breather, 2nd units less pt.

Yes. West has all the tools to be the best SJP running back since Swift. Phillips will still get lots of playing time, though. In recent years there's been lots of rotation of running backs, and I wouldn't be surprised to see both Phillips and West in at certain times.
Thanks Tulla,I only saw a small sampling of him last year and was impressed for sure.

I will say this. There’s nothing stopping any other catholic school from fielding the same schedule. I believe lasalle and imhotep have played Spalding in recent years. Look how late in the year they’re playing spalding? Which tells me there must have been a bye week and they looked for opponents.

I will say this. There’s nothing stopping any other catholic school from fielding the same schedule. I believe lasalle and imhotep have played Spalding in recent years. Look how late in the year they’re playing spalding? Which tells me there must have been a bye week and they looked for opponents.
RCH- that is not accurate state-wide, many schools, 95% are not able to "pick their own opponents"

Specifically Catholic... By these responses on this thread alone, we know the same is true for districts D7 and D1- the league/district "sets their schedule." Not sure total- but maybe 8-10 Pgh Catholic schools, part of WPIAL are not "allowed to pick half of their schedule." I imagine the same is true for most Catholic Schools state-wide. Maybe this is true for Philly Catholic League, and maybe Erie Prep, but not "everybody" state-wide

RCH- that is not accurate state-wide, many schools, 95% are not able to "pick their own opponents"

Specifically Catholic... By these responses on this thread alone, we know the same is true for districts D7 and D1- the league/district "sets their schedule." Not sure total- but maybe 8-10 Pgh Catholic schools, part of WPIAL are not "allowed to pick half of their schedule." I imagine the same is true for most Catholic Schools state-wide. Maybe this is true for Philly Catholic League, and maybe Erie Prep, but not "everybody" state-wide
I was only referring to District 12. Where sjp plays.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT