ADVERTISEMENT

Saint Joseph's Prep vs. Pennsbury

Re: maa

Was it Mike Tyson who once said "everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face"?

There are many defensive minds who know exactly what to do against a particular offense, but they either don't have the talent to stop it or the other team is that good at executing what they want to do.

Pennsbury has a statue as a QB. Are you afraid of him rolling out? No one is going to run a wheel in the slot and run a sweep to the same side that is not the QB. If the QB breaks the tackle box you still have an ILB flowing to the QB.

You can't play everything absolutely perfect. You have to force Pennsbury to throw the ball. Otherwise just go 4-3 cover 0 and say my guys are better than your guys.

Burgundy, do you coach since we're talking X's and O's? Curious.

PA- you are right, but, this is not CBW in 90s or even NP early 2000s. This is wing T. When was the last time a wing T team won 4A title?

This post was edited on 11/30 11:13 AM by Mr All American

I was speaking 4-3 under look. Shade and a 3 up front.

So you are more of a 3-4 look? Or 3-3-5?

I guess that is a yes to coaching?

I am the head coach of two fantasy football teams that will be in the playoffs- I think that speaks for itself

Also I am actually a fan of the 43 under vs wing t

I am not a big fan of the spy- I know the philosophy but I would prefer to go cover 4 with my safeties being run first

If I went odd it would be a 52 or a 53 - don't have time to get into particulars of DL technique and games up front but coverage would be mixed up between shell and 3 under and 3 deep.

Coached in college for 17 years

3 different schools and 3 different levels all within a 45 minute radius of Warrington.

Haven't coached in 4 years just like watching local high school games

I have family that played at rock north so I saw a lot of them.

This post was edited on 11/30 11:48 AM by Burgundynewz

This post was edited on 11/30 11:49 AM by Burgundynewz

That's awesome. I stay in touch with PA ball ever since moving to the Carolinas about eight years ago. Like I said, a guy from the SOL coaches at a power NC program in Charlotte and needs to jump on an opening back in PA but not sure if he wants to make the move back.

Not sure how a head coaching search goes, but he needs a shot in my BIAS opinion. GANG GREEN has spoke with the guy I know...

Patton ...."Funny thing is both these schools recruit from both sides of the river, lol.."

Oh no you didn't!

Similar to Patton, I thought PHS had the talent to be here before the season. After Snyder's 2nd best team got man-handled by one of Beck's lessor squads and then Neshaminy's JV hung with them for 44 minutes I had my doubts. PHS got through a weak bracket, but they did beat the big boys and the goal line stand was something they'll talk about for years. (I had to turn down WBCB because their announcers cried on every play about the spot).

SJP has the line that can stop ground and pound and speed to get to the ball when they don't.

SJP 45 - PHS 14

This post was edited on 11/30 1:19 PM by reluctant_to_comment

Maybe SJP's experience against Mount Carmel--pretty much a run-only team--way back on Labor Day weekend is relevant. SJP had some trouble with the option, as I recall. But that was a very long time ago.

@reluctant_to_commeny How did PHS get man handled by beck when they lost by 3 points? With a number of injured players that game for the Falcons?

@reluctant_to_commeny How did PHS get man handled by beck when they lost by 3 points? With a number of injured players that game for the Falcons?

Didn't we see this game already? Isn't Pennsbury just Neshaminy in a different uniform?

Neshaminy played better than I had expected but I don't think Pennsbury will do the same. SJP by 10+

They run guard trap two ways.

First is influence trap where they pull the playside guard to draw the 3 tech up and out only to be trapped by the backside guard. It also pulls the ILB out to C gap and leaves a huge hole. Very good vs a disciplined defense keying the guards. They lose a offensive player on the 2nd level but hope to draw him out with the influence with the 3 tech.

Second is a regular guard trap where they block the backside/playside (depending on defense) ILB with the playside guard and trap with the backside guard.

Same play, two different ways to block it.

BUT... Wing T teams DO run influence and yes... Pennsbury does too.

RTC, I don't remember what I responded to. But let's be clear, this is a message board revolving around high school football. We are not curing cancer. You thought I was defensive? Whatever. Life's too short for me to get defensive toward some faceless yahoo on this board. Calm down.

reluct...omment, I really do like you. You keep me laughing! "0-14 really has you guys temperamental!" Hahaha, I like that. Actually, I wonder what "THE PREP" would do against Don Bosco 14 times . . . ummm . . . wait for it . . . 0 - 14. And why . . . here's the kicker, because they out recruit them, hahahahaha!

Just for a second, imagine if The Prep could only have student-athletes attend their school and play on their football team that actually lived within a certain radius from their institution. Holy cow, that actually does exist, it happens to be a rule that all of the other schools have to adhere to, the same schools that The Prep beats up on. Golly, that doesn't seem quite fair does it? Gee whiz and all this time I thought it was the superior coaching, LOL! Come on, surely you can do better than that.

Patton2Moscow brought up a good point about both teams recruiting from across the river. I mean there was that Troy Vincent fella about 30 years ago.

Didn't 1 of Schmidt's best team get thumped "31-3" by Pennsbury last year? to their credit, they ran through a weak bracket and claimed the district title.

Yes, that was another great regular season triumph for Snyder.

Yes, the Skins came out of a weak bracket and then thumped the weaker bracket victor.

It's going to be funny hearing the PHS guys complain about SJP recruiting after this weekend.

RTB, the Pennsbury faithful will tell you it's been 25 years since Vincent. Bring up something recent. I guess they haven't figured out where the last two QB's reside?

This post was edited on 12/1 7:56 PM by reluctant_to_comment

Were the last two QB's recruited, or were there other circumstances lead them to Pennsbury?

I dont think you will hear that much complaining about St. Joe's Recruiting, most of them realize the facts.

From what most on this board thought, they wouldn't get past the 2nd round with that smallish defense and middle school offense.. I think I read somewhere that the middle school offense scored the most points in District 1.

You're starting to sound like a Prep guy by implying kids just landed in Snyder's lap! Other circumstances? Like tired of not paying a penny towards tuition? Or being in a losing program?

Personally I feel a kid would learn a much better life lesson toughing out a tough situation than jumping ship. Both QB's have abandon 2 high schools in their short careers. Neither will play in college. What's it all about?

Tulla,

I follow your thought process on the Mount Carmel game. There is a big difference between Pennsbury and Mount Carmel to consider. To start Pennsbury runs a wing-t and MC ran a veer with a qb that was exceptional at the option and was a very good passer. The blocking schemes are completely different. The veer frees up defenders and makes them react to actions. The wing-t bodies up and depends on winning the trenches. It's hard to say which situation SJP matches up to better. There are also a couple of differences in the game situations. SJP entered Chicago in week one with no experience against or knowledge of MC and they were extremely handicapped from injuries. Most of the injuries were on the defensive side and mainly at LB. Not a good situation against the veer! They enter this weekend in pretty good health to stop the run and information is available to game plan Pennsbury.

Here is the biggest question mark. I don't know if Pennsbury has played a team with the offensive weapons that SJP will throw at them. That was the basis of my "balanced team" question. The Coatesville answer is not good for Pennsbury and it would concern me from the Pennsbury perspective.

This has all the makings of a very interesting game. My question is who is the x-factor for each team? Snorweah, Swift or maybe Strain? It's going to be a long week!

This post was edited on 12/2 11:45 AM by 2loudNclear

You're entitled to your opinion. We will agree to disagree on that subject.

Good morning board,

First question. Where is Blitz?

As anyone who knows me, I always feel confident going into every game. No exception. By far this is my worse year of Prep football. Although I have followed, I have not attended any games nor watched. Therefore my opinion on the outcome can not be the usual. Although I have faith in The Prep. I may actually be able to make this game. I am going to attempt. Work and family obligations will determine. I will miss the great updates via text from Roxy this week.

Go Prep

Slam - you've been missed. So have some of the other regulars like Blitz, Lift, Cuck, and a bunch of other guys who used to electrify this board.

Good luck to all the teams from our neck of the woods. May they stay healthy and play their best.

Yea you are right. Blitz was a nut and Lift was a voice of reason. Of course Huck is still around in abundance. LOL.....that's for you Huck! Roxy noted that health is always the key to any team. Right now The PREP is a little banged up. I think if you take the best player off any team and still win 2 games without him this deep in the season, its a good thing. Go PREP

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT