ADVERTISEMENT

Pittsburgh Central Catholic

DripDrop

Aug 31, 2023
It seems like this central Catholic team is special. They are loaded with D1 guys and have a giant improvement in coaching. The passing is much more improved and seems more organic then forced this year. I now the seasons just started and there's a lot of football to be played and they still have lebo and NA to get past but it's hard not to look ahead. Obviously st joes prep is st joes prep and isn't like any other school in pa. This may be one of preps best teams yet but could PCC hang with them. What's everyone's thoughts?

I think PCC will destroy Lebo.

Yesterday opened my eyes a little. I knew they were good but also knew Iggy was good. They destroyed them. I think they could hang with. Need more info. though.

Tiger, I think they are. But at least they play so we don't have to argue!

SJP rolled St Peter’s Prep yesterday 42-0 … not the best in north Jersey but one of the better ones … think SJP QB and a number of starters were limited … IMG was incredibly physical game apparently

Tiger, I think they are. But at least they play so we don't have to argue!
I agree new, PCC has better individual talent and the coaching to go with it now. The good news is they'll settle it on the field in a few weeks.

Reactions: new2pa
I think PCC will destroy Lebo.

Yesterday opened my eyes a little. I knew they were good but also knew Iggy was good. They destroyed them. I think they could hang with. Need more info. though.
New -Agree. They will take Lebo lunch money. They might have a running clock by half time.
Side bar:
Gateway is bad, line is a huge problem for them
Bethel is ok, dropped 3 TD passes vs Lebo.

PCC is very good- no need to debate "how good" they will prove it on the field in the next 4-5 weeks, if they win-out they will be able to compete w SJP, imo

Side note: Seneca valley looking at a 2-8 finish. 2nd year in a row they’ll be the worst team in 6A. What’s going on up there?

no need for PCC to mercy rule- could not anyways, their opponents are too tough- most likely top 10 maybe top 5 toughest schedule in Pa by end of season

no need for PCC to mercy rule- could not anyways, their opponents are too tough- most likely top 10 maybe top 5 toughest schedule in Pa by end of season
I agree with PCC having an extremely tough schedule that will only have them ready come December but I think people are underestimating lebo. They are a better team then people are giving them credit for on here. PCC will beat them but I think it could be competitive for awhile. I'm not so sure lebo isnt the 2nd best 6A team in the wpial. Time will tell.

Last edited:
I agree with PCC having an extremely tough schedule that will only have them ready come December but I think people are underestimating lebo. They are a better team then people are giving them credit for on here. PCC will beat them but I think it could be competitive for awhile. I'm not so sure lebo isnt the 2nd best 6A team in the wpial. Time will tell.
drip-- agreed- Lebo might be very good- they scrimmaged PR- they look solid, and good young coach looking to prove himself

It is necessary for PCC to mercy rule their schedule. SJP would
tiger- not sure why you think that- no way PCC is gonna mercy NA twice, Lebo twice, PR once, they also have PH and Gateway- this makes 4 of the top 20 pre-season ranked teams. There is no value to them mercy-ruling everyone- and if they can just BEAT all of these opponents- they will be solid and battle-tested, heading into state playoffs. They are not gonna say it, but im sure PCC will not be very proud of only a "wpial championship" as that is knda meaningless now (best of 5?)- im sure they are thinking big picture- state title game.

These coaches know what they are doing- if they are winning by 21 late, they are gonna get young kids in, to continue building the program. Again, not sure yet they should be compared w SJP- but- prep has had great state that are not even undefeated. I'm not sure SJP would crush all of these teams- maybe, but that's just kinda silly of a woulda coulda game / question

It seems like this central Catholic team is special. They are loaded with D1 guys and have a giant improvement in coaching. The passing is much more improved and seems more organic then forced this year. I now the seasons just started and there's a lot of football to be played and they still have lebo and NA to get past but it's hard not to look ahead. Obviously st joes prep is st joes prep and isn't like any other school in pa. This may be one of preps best teams yet but could PCC hang with them. What's everyone's thoughts?
I watched some tape of the ST Ignatius game and was very impressed with PCC passing game which is a complete new approach for them. They scored a bunch through the air . I believe they will win the West. BUT I also believe that saint Joes defense particularly their pass rush and D backs have the ability to offset much of the passing attack. The Preps offense will score a bunch. Prep wins !! We will see.

tiger- not sure why you think that- no way PCC is gonna mercy NA twice, Lebo twice, PR once, they also have PH and Gateway- this makes 4 of the top 20 pre-season ranked teams. There is no value to them mercy-ruling everyone- and if they can just BEAT all of these opponents- they will be solid and battle-tested, heading into state playoffs. They are not gonna say it, but im sure PCC will not be very proud of only a "wpial championship" as that is knda meaningless now (best of 5?)- im sure they are thinking big picture- state title game.

These coaches know what they are doing- if they are winning by 21 late, they are gonna get young kids in, to continue building the program. Again, not sure yet they should be compared w SJP- but- prep has had great state that are not even undefeated. I'm not sure SJP would crush all of these teams- maybe, but that's just kinda silly of a woulda coulda game / question.
Silly, Mercer rule is furthest thing from there mind. I think they will be happy looking forward to what's ahead of them the following week and getting a w and improving. This teams special.

drip-- agreed- Lebo might be very good- they scrimmaged PR- they look solid, and good young coach looking to prove himself
2020 lebo is very solid with a couple of navy commits. It looks like they aren't getting the credit they deserve on this board. If PCC overlooks them that's how upsets happen.

These coaches know what they are doing- if they are winning by 21 late, they are gonna get young kids in, to continue building the program. Again, not sure yet they should be compared w SJP- but- prep has had great state that are not even undefeated. I'm not sure SJP would crush all of these teams- maybe, but that's just kinda silly of a woulda coulda game / question
I’ll revise my comment- they can’t have any close games with a western opponent. If they’re in a dog fight with NA or Lebo, they’re not challenging SJP. “The prep” is so much better than any team in the WPIAL

Silly, Mercer rule is furthest thing from there mind. I think they will be happy looking forward to what's ahead of them the following week and getting a w and improving. This teams special.
This is very reminiscent of the 2016 season. Everyone hyping up PCC, only to get mercy ruled by SJP

NA you make some ridiculous statements on here. That team doesn't have a single player on this team with a completely different coaching staff.
I’m spitting facts here. Theyre the same schools. It’s a very similar scenario. I’m loving the WPIAL cope that’s going on here. No one is beating SJP this year. What, Next someone on here’s gonna tell me PCC is better than IMG? We gotta stop living in fantasy land

It's a completely different team from a different era with different coaches and players. No comparisons. The 2016 is nothing like this team. This PCC team is much more well rounded. You make some outrageous statements on here.

NA you make some ridiculous statements on here. That team doesn't have a single player on this team with a completely different coaching staff.
the 2016 team was better on paper

they returned a lot of players from a state title team, many D1 kids

Two big conference games for PCC and will determine how good they actually are. They have a big game with lebo and the following week will be a preview of the wpial championship with NA. Payton Wehner coming off a massive game throwing for 300 yrs and 7 TDs!!! PCC jv has been getting a lot of varsity experience this year.

Two big conference games for PCC and will determine how good they actually are. They have a big game with lebo and the following week will be a preview of the wpial championship with NA. Payton Wehner coming off a massive game throwing for 300 yrs and 7 TDs!!! PCC jv has been getting a lot of varsity experience this year.
yep- lebo w close wins, NA and Penn Hills might be the bigger tests, will be interesting

I think they will mercy rule Lebo. PCC has way more athletes and this is the first taste of going against high high quality coaching the new Lebo staff will have.

NA may be close, but I’m not sure they can score enough. They won’t be sacred, that’s for sure.

PH *might* not get mercy ruled, but they will have to play way above their weight to keep it close.

Reactions: Soup13
28-0 PCC in the second quarter. PCC is on a different level then everyone else out here on the western part of the state.

Took the trip to Mt.Lebanon instead of the NA game. Currently 35-0 at half. Lebo is not good. About moon township level. Talked to some Lebo fans, apparently 3 captains are injured. PCC has looked very good, but unlikely to challenge SJP. Looks like NA and PCC are clear #1 and 2 in not just 6a, but the entire wpial

Let’s get this straight Pgh Central is very good but they were very sloppy and Lebo is at JV level level to me and not good. Pgh CC had 3 tds called back and dropped two or three other long passes that could have been tds. It would have been much much worse. Easily could have been 70-0. I am interested to see them play NA. As New mentioned they will not back down but can they muster up any type of offense? That remains to be seen…

If Central loses to NA that will be disappointing . As far as the Prep goes, if They agree not to play their NJ kids, Central won’t play our Ohio kids which will make it an even game. LOL !

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT