4. SF over 12. Cville

2. DEast over 10. Qtown
6. DWest over 3. Souderton

Semis

1. CB West over 4. SF
2. DEast over 6. DWest

Final

2. DEast over 1. CB West

The first round looks to be pretty much tune-up games. After that it begins to get a bit more interesting. Anyway you cut it, should be a fun four weeks.

Then it gets predictable - again.

Round 1

1. CB West over 16. Cheltenham
8. GV over 9. OJR

4. SF over 13. NP
12. Cville over 5. CB South

2. DEast over 15. Wissy
10. Qtown over 7. PV

3. Souderton over 14. Pennsbury
6. DWest over 11. CR South

Round 2

1. CB West over 8. GV
4. SF over 12. Cville

2. DEast over 10. Qtown

Semis

1. CB West over 4. SF
2. DEast over 6. DWest

Final

2. DEast over 1. CB West
West over Cheltenham (West D is great, and can run but they struggle passing Could be tighter than expected because of matchups)

GV over OJR (looks like a battle, gotta go with defending 2 year champs)

NP over SF (NP had a tougher schedule and on a roll)

CBS over Coates. (South has played real tough, great matchup for them)

DE over Wiss. (East has impressive wins, class of D1)

Qtr over PV (should be a pass fest, going SOL)

Penns over Souderton (will be a battle, going schedule again)

CRS over Dw (another sol upset, Rock has a great QB and some players.

Interesting week, hopefully next will be as well.

Reactions: lilromeo
Soudy/Pennsbury the game of the weekend. Falcons are some tough, physical, well-coached kids. Scary draw for Souderton Rd. 1. CBW and DTE seem soooo far above the field right now. QT/PV probably the second closest game of the round.

NP has the potential to be dangerous now - SOL let them dust off and figure it out, rather than slamming the door on the uncharacteristically struggling team.

CBE fizzled after starting strong. Seemed like Soudy loss was too much to recover from. My skins had a lackluster showing. Wish theyd figure it out. Pennridge continues to be an embarrassment in district 1. Its a shame what the AD has done to the sports there. Probably another tumultuous offseason coming for them from a guy who just doesnt get it.

Well, even if i dont have a horse in the race, playoff time still the best time of the year.

I’ll take a stab at this. I haven’t seen every team, so don’t hold any bad predictions against me!

Round 1

8. GV over 9. OJR

4. SF over 13. NP
12. Cville over 5. CB South

2. DEast over 15. Wissy
7. PV over 10. Qtown

14. Pennsbury over 3. Soudy

Round 2

1. CB West over 8. GV
12. Cville over 4. SF

2. DEast over 7. PV
6. DWest over 14. Pennsbury

Semis

12. Cville over 1. CB West
2. DEast over 6. DWest

Final

2. DEast over 12. Cville

Does anyone know if the South/Coatesville game is being streamed?

17-6 west. Cheltenham is really hurting themselves in 2nd half. west’s scores have come after a 75 yard KO return, blocked punt, and fumble. Give West credit for capitalizing on Cheltenham’s mistakes; that’s what good teams do.

Reactions: scs13
24-6 West. I’m out of here. See you at War memorial next week for the rematch with GV!

27-12 final
West was without McFadden who was injured on the first play of the game. The game was a penalty filled fiasco. Hopefully McFadden returns next week . Bucks are a threat with him ,not so much without him imo.

DEast will be a tough out for the rest of District 1. Running game is solid as OL just mauls people. Playaction game is so effective since Ds need extra dudes to contain and tackle running plays. Defensively, they’re really stout against the run but passing can be effective if QB gets rid of it quickly. Need to get a lead early to beat them.

Not sure PVs developing routes will have time to develop.

Reactions: solfootballfan
Round 1

8. GV over 9. OJR

4. SF over 13. NP
5. CB South over 12. CVille (MISS)

2. DEast over 15. Wissy
7. PV over 10. Qtown (MISS)

3. Souderton over 14. Pennsbury

Round 2

1. CB West over 8. GV
5. CB South over 4. SF

2. DEast over 7. PV

Semis

1. CB West over 5. CB South
2. DEast over 6. DWest

Final

2. DEast over 1. CB West

Reactions: solfootballfan
Round 2:

CB West GV should be the game of the week.

I have all yours in round 2 and final.

Should be another interesting week.

CB West could roll GV this time around. GV has been just scrapping by some lesser competition. If it's a struggle for the Bucks, the SOL is really down.

I think DWest at Souderton and CB South at SF have a chance to be good ones.

CB West could roll GV this time around. GV has been just scrapping by some lesser competition. If it's a struggle for the Bucks, the SOL is really down.

I think DWest at Souderton and CB South at SF have a chance to be good ones.
I don't know if it's fair to put the status of a league for the year on one team in one game. These are still kids and have bad weeks, other kids have good weeks. So far, this is where I'd put the SOL National teams compared to last season:

CBW - Up
CBS - Up
North Penn - Flat
Neshaminy - Up, slightly
Pennsbury - Down
CB East - Way down
Pennridge - Flat, but did more with less
Abington - Flat

The discussion of where the league stands compared to five or 10 years ago is a much longer, more complex discussion. What the SOL National is currently, with some of the scheme evolution we've seen over the past 3-4 years, is a physical slog where you just hope to hit the playoffs healthy.

I agree this game alone will not be indicative of the league as a whole. Keep in mind, this isn’t the same GV team that they’ve had the past few years.

McFadden being out will change things a lot for west. The offense will be Clemens and Taylor on the ground, which are still two great options coupled with a solid OL. McFadden is a big loss on defense, although that most likely won’t affect the GV game considering how infrequently they pass the ball. However, if West wins and plays SF, McFaddens loss on defense will be felt significantly.

I agree this game alone will not be indicative of the league as a whole. Keep in mind, this isn’t the same GV team that they’ve had the past few years.

McFadden being out will change things a lot for west. The offense will be Clemens and Taylor on the ground, which are still two great options coupled with a solid OL. McFadden is a big loss on defense, although that most likely won’t affect the GV game considering how infrequently they pass the ball. However, if West wins and plays SF, McFaddens loss on defense will be felt significantly.
Heard McFadden is out for the rest of the playoffs. This changes everything for West. First they lose their starting QB and now this . This is really sad for the Bucks.

Unfortunate to lose another key piece from that Bucks squad. I would have liked to see them at full strength against the DEast team.

Heard McFadden is out for the rest of the playoffs. This changes everything for West. First they lose their starting QB and now this . This is really sad for the Bucks.
Not to mention Cleland, who was the best OLB in the SOL. He was lost for the season early in the year. The cascade effect, coupled with the other usual injuries that cause kids to miss a few games here and there, has meant that West has been juggling kids in different positions all year. I can't even count how many different lineups have taken the field in the secondary. I have hope, and a good feeling, that they come out and play really well this week. They've had time to prepare for this, unlike the Cheltenham game, where it happened on the opening kickoff and just sucked the air out of the team.

Not to mention Cleland, who was the best OLB in the SOL. He was lost for the season early in the year. The cascade effect, coupled with the other usual injuries that cause kids to miss a few games here and there, has meant that West has been juggling kids in different positions all year. I can't even count how many different lineups have taken the field in the secondary. I have hope, and a good feeling, that they come out and play really well this week. They've had time to prepare for this, unlike the Cheltenham game, where it happened on the opening kickoff and just sucked the air out of the team.
It will be difficult from now on for sure. GV has their QB back and they are always well prepared. Go Bucks !!!!

Every team has lost multiple starters and juggling on both sides of the ball; this happens every year to every team, not just CB West.

Reactions: d1football1
Must be nice for SJP and the D3 schools to have a bye last weekend. They don't need to worry about losing their best player like CBW did. Cathedral Prep has two byes in the first three weeks. Go back to 4 classes, this curent system ain't working.

Must be nice for SJP and the D3 schools to have a bye last weekend. They don't need to worry about losing their best player like CBW did. Cathedral Prep has two byes in the first three weeks. Go back to 4 classes, this curent system ain't working.
I’ve been saying that if D1 goes to 12, those top 4 seeds at least get one bye week. It’s easy to say just go to 8 in D1 but with so many 6A teams that’s too restrictive. 12 gives a big incentive to finish in the top 4 and at least gets your theoretical top teams a more level footing.

And yes, I’m aware that lots of teams are banged up this time of year. Not many have lost a 4 year starting QB, their top LB and then the best player in the conference (who’s the fastest player in D1). But if they have, this is the place to discuss it.

Every team has lost multiple starters and juggling on both sides of the ball; this happens every year to every team, not just CB West.
You must not have seen McFadden play . He isnt just another starter, he is a threat every time he touches the ball. His speed is something that cant be replaced by next man up stuff.

You must not have seen McFadden play . He isnt just another starter, he is a threat every time he touches the ball. His speed is something that cant be replaced by next man up stuff.
Seen him many times; great player. But how many times do we see we lost this player or that player like it only happens to 1 team? We all know SJP has a few McFaddens so it doesn’t matter anyhow they’d be mercy ruled early.

I’ve been saying that if D1 goes to 12, those top 4 seeds at least get one bye week. It’s easy to say just go to 8 in D1 but with so many 6A teams that’s too restrictive. 12 gives a big incentive to finish in the top 4 and at least gets your theoretical top teams a more level footing.

And yes, I’m aware that lots of teams are banged up this time of year. Not many have lost a 4 year starting QB, their top LB and then the best player in the conference (who’s the fastest player in D1). But if they have, this is the place to discuss it.
Some players are irreplaceable. Harrisburg without Qb Shawn Lee, Township without Qb Hayden Johnson, McDevitt without Stone Saunders, Steel High without Alex Erby, etc, etc are not the same teams. There is no "next man up" nonsense when it involves some of the very best quarterbacks in the state like those four. It's lights out, especially this time of year.

You're missing the point. Every team is banged up but not every team loses their best player during the playoffs. Especially on a remarkable season like cb west is having. They will keep on playing but won't be nearly the same team without him.

PA High School Playoff weather tonight - crisp, chilly atmosphere for Friday Night Lights. Will it be chilly enough to impact the passing teams?

1. CB West by 14 over 8. GV
5. CB South by 7 over 4. SF

2. DEast by 21 over 7. PV
6. DWest by 14 over 3. Souderton

Fletch -

You love that potential for an all CB schools semi-final game and then an all D-Town schools semi-final matchup.

Think there's some talent in those "split" districts or what (what if CBS hadn't been split off CBW??),

Kind of aggressive with the final of the CBW over GV pick - yes/no?

I have to think your picks are pretty good except I'm "worried" about the Bucks missing their stud (GV can play some ball -- and they've been playing some solid ball over the last 15 years or so).

I'd like to see a D-Town school vs. CB school Final so we'll see ...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT