ADVERTISEMENT

PIAA 6A State Bracket

Yea, the prep was “good” those years. Once they went all in recruiting and spending money in 2010-2011, they went over the top and it slowly became unfair. Maybe you should check your history. Football hasn’t evolved in the Philly area. Instead you have Imotep fake school, coaches using school funds or booster money and prep bringing in anyone and everyone. Please stop with you bs. People are tired of it. I don’t need to look at NJ. Pa football would be fine without the PREP. Maybe they can go to
Jersey since they are right on the boarder. That’s the excuse right?
Your tone speaks volumes

Just look at what you wrote: "Pa football would be fine without the PREP." There are six classifications in the PIAA. What bearing does the Prep have in one through five? And is the Prep is responsible for the WPIAL not being close to what it once was, for the general decline in the quality of football being played in the Lehigh Valley, for Ridley, McKeesport, Pennsbury, Neshaminy, North Penn, etc. not having teams at all like the teams they had in the past?

And what's with needing an excuse to have students and players from Jersey? When I went to the Prep some decades ago our best player was from Burlington County. What do you want them to do--stop taking kids from Jersey after doing so for more than a century?

The PCL, including the Prep, didn't beg the PIAA to take them 12 or 13 years ago. And they didn't hide anything. (Lots of Brooks's best players--Victor Hobson (Michigan and the NFL), Steve Quinn (Notre Dame), etc.--like Brooks himself lived in Jersey.) So take your case to the PIAA.

Yea, the prep was “good” those years. Once they went all in recruiting and spending money in 2010-2011, they went over the top and it slowly became unfair. Maybe you should check your history. Football hasn’t evolved in the Philly area. Instead you have Imotep fake school, coaches using school funds or booster money and prep bringing in anyone and everyone. Please stop with you bs. People are tired of it. I don’t need to look at NJ. Pa football would be fine without the PREP. Maybe they can go to
Another hater!!! Talk about the games and spew your venom somewhere else . You make me want to throw up . Hows that big guy. Tulla does not BS anyone.

Reactions: Bighead75
You private school people make me throw up. Stop acting like prep does nothing wrong. Prep was struggling until they went full tilt recruiting in the late 2000s (2010-2011). Money started rolling in and once they started winning, it didn’t stop. It’s hard to go a Saturday without seeing someone from the prep at a local pop Warner game or a 8th grade middle school game. Academics has little to do with it. You guys are unreal, but believe or lie to make you feel better. No one gives a shit anymore about how a prep team compares in history to other pa teams. It’s not the same. The sooner private school teams go away, the better and more fun PA high school football will be. District 1 and 11 should of just held their own tournaments and left prep to play 4 games. No one cares about the prep outside district 12.
Aw ... make sure you do your homework, just because school is virtual, doesn’t mean you shouldn’t study ... don’t forget to fold the laundry and take out the trash ... money is on the counter for gas ... take care now

WOW why such anger....so sad but, again this is 2020.

Last edited:
The PCL, including the Prep, didn't beg the PIAA to take them 12 or 13 years ago. And they didn't hide anything. (Lots of Brooks's best players--Victor Hobson (Michigan and the NFL), Steve Quinn (Notre Dame), etc.--like Brooks himself lived in Jersey.) So take your case to the PIAA. SO TRUE...If anyone beged anyone it was the PIAA going after the PCL to join the PIAA :)

Reactions: roxychknpoxy
No temper or tantrum, just the truth. It’s nice all you private school guys stick together. You all say the same thing any time anyone brings up facts. It’s fine. And no, prep will never be in my all time teams. It’s not hard to have an all time team when you can pick your players. While public school teams wait for the right mix of kids or they go in cycles every few years the privates just reload. Wow, so difficult! You guys ran out of things to say so you just go with the blame the Piaa. Yes, it’s true, the piaa dropped the ball on district 12 and controlling the recruiting and advantages they have. No bigger example than wood. They lose their coach and Carey and have to move up a class. More difficult and now they will be an afterthought unless they start recruiting like they did a few years back. The prep hasn’t even played a playoff game this year but get to be in the eastern final? What a joke. The rest is the state could of sent a message by refusing to play them and that may finally send a message to the piaa this year. Let prep play a national schedule or the the 4! Games they played this year. No one will miss them in pa besides the prep alumni. Do you really think others care about the prep or their great teams? Any fan on here would rather have a season where a unknown wins it or has a chance. Big head and roxy, your reading comprehension is lacking. Your replies make 0 sense.

Also, not one of your besides tulla made an attempt to answer or respond to my points. You just try to make fun of or deflect the truth. Point proven. Thanks.

Reactions: 4i tech
No temper or tantrum, just the truth. It’s nice all you private school guys stick together. You all say the same thing any time anyone brings up facts. It’s fine. And no, prep will never be in my all time teams. It’s not hard to have an all time team when you can pick your players. While public school teams wait for the right mix of kids or they go in cycles every few years the privates just reload. Wow, so difficult! You guys ran out of things to say so you just go with the blame the Piaa. Yes, it’s true, the piaa dropped the ball on district 12 and controlling the recruiting and advantages they have. No bigger example than wood. They lose their coach and Carey and have to move up a class. More difficult and now they will be an afterthought unless they start recruiting like they did a few years back. The prep hasn’t even played a playoff game this year but get to be in the eastern final? What a joke. The rest is the state could of sent a message by refusing to play them and that may finally send a message to the piaa this year. Let prep play a national schedule or the the 4! Games they played this year. No one will miss them in pa besides the prep alumni. Do you really think others care about the prep or their great teams? Any fan on here would rather have a season where a unknown wins it or has a chance. Big head and roxy, your reading comprehension is lacking. Your replies make 0 sense.
Stomp, stomp ... looks like somebody needs a timeout ... no more screen time tonight for you new fella ... make sure the night light is plugged in ... brush your teeth and put the laundry away

So you just reload and don't have to coach them? WOW just think how good they be if they where coached correctly. :)

Reactions: paul from philly
I assume you'll have a few PCC teams and the 2000 Erie Cathedral Prep team among your all time great tho 🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️. And no, I'm not a private school guy. Public school my whole life. I just enjoy great football in the area no matter where it comes from

Reactions: lilromeo
Just a note to your Prep in the finals statement. Erie McDowell has 2 forfeit wins to get in the Western final . Guess you forgot about them.

The PCL, including the Prep, didn't beg the PIAA to take them 12 or 13 years ago. And they didn't hide anything. (Lots of Brooks's best players--Victor Hobson (Michigan and the NFL), Steve Quinn (Notre Dame), etc.--like Brooks himself lived in Jersey.) So take your case to the PIAA. SO TRUE...If anyone beged anyone it was the PIAA going after the PCL to join the PIAA :)

Just to set the record straight...

There was skin in the game from both sides when the PIAA admitted D12 a dozen years or so ago. PIAA actually wanted the Public League schools more than the PCL because they thought they would really enhance the basketball playoffs plus there are more schools which would increase their revenue. For the PCL schools, they wanted the recognition of winning a state title. When PCL teams traveled out of state, winning a PCL title didn't carry much weight or prestige.

Round 1:

10-1. McDowell over 10-2. Erie - McD already beat them decisively twice this season. Was this a forfeit?

7-3. Pittsburgh Central Catholic over 7-1. North Allegheny - PCC gets them in the rematch. PCC too much.

2-1. Delaware Valley over 6-1. Altoona Area - Could be a good one? DV hasn't had a tough game in weeks, while Altoona has had some tests. DV took it too them.

3-3. Central York over 3-4. William Penn - The battle of York might not be much of a battle. One of the best players in PA make CY a threat. Can DV challenge CY?

12-1. St Joe's Prep - Quarantine is only thing that could stop SJP.

1-4. Coatesville over 1-1. Pennridge - Red Raider LBs will be all over the Ram's DW. Red Raiders D looked confused as Rams' big plays won the game. Are the Rams that quick or is CV lacking the speed they usually have?

1-2. Spring-Ford over 1-3. Souderton - Don't know much about either team this year, but playing two 0-5 teams the past 2 weeks can't help SD. SF snuck back into it, but SD was able to hold on. SD's youth program is really solid right now - could that lead to future success for the high school?

Round 2:

7-3. Pittsburgh Central Catholic over 10-1. McDowell Such a shame for those PCC kids.

3-3. Central York over 2-1. Delaware Valley Will McDowell be able to give CY a game?

12-1. St Joe's Prep Philly gov't wants to shut down again. What a mess.

1-1. Pennridge over 1-3. Souderton Somewhat shocked here; thought the Rams would run away from the Indians.

Semi-finals:

3-3. Central York over 10-1, McDowell

12-1. St Joe's Prep over 1-1. Pennridge

Final:

12-1. St Joe's Prep over 3-3. Central York

In 2003 Prep was ranked 3rd in the country by the Associated Press. I would argue that is a little bit better than "good".

Also, not one of your besides tulla made an attempt to answer or respond to my points. You just try to make fun of or deflect the truth. Point proven. Thanks.

I'm a little late to the party. I had to listen to this BS when La Salle won the State title. And it is truly BS of the highest order. Go look at that team and where it ended up. Not one of those players went on to a division 1 school, except 1 to Delaware. The QB didn't even play football in college. And all I could hear were people saying it was all-star team. You know what that team was all about? A lot of bright athletic kids that bought into a good coach's program. And more to the point, take your complaint to the PIAA but i doubt if they'll take your call.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT