ADVERTISEMENT

PIAA 6A State Bracket

Fletchster1

Nov 22, 2004
Round 1:

10-1. McDowell over 10-2. Erie - McD already beat them decisively twice this season.

7-3. Pittsburgh Central Catholic over 7-1. North Allegheny - PCC gets them in the rematch.

2-1. Delaware Valley over 6-1. Altoona Area - Could be a good one? DV hasn't had a tough game in weeks, while Altoona has had some tests.

3-3. Central York over 3-4. William Penn - The battle of York might not be much of a battle. One of the best players in PA make CY a threat.

12-1. St Joe's Prep - Quarantine is only thing that could stop SJP.

1-4. Coatesville over 1-1. Pennridge - Red Raider LBs will be all over the Ram's DW.

1-2. Spring-Ford over 1-3. Souderton - Don't know much about either team this year, but playing two 0-5 teams the past 2 weeks can't help SD.

Round 2:

7-3. Pittsburgh Central Catholic over 10-1. McDowell

3-3. Central York over 2-1. Delaware Valley

12-1. St Joe's Prep

1-4. Coatesville over 1-2. Spring-Ford

Semi-finals:

7-3. Pittsburgh Central Catholic over 3-3. Central York

12-1. St Joe's Prep over 1-4. Coatesville

Final:

12-1. St Joe's Prep over 7-3. Pittsburgh Central Catholic

Reactions: Relayer
Nice work Fletch! SJP will only play 2 games to win another title. All the brackets can be found here. The PIAA web site still has blank brackets.

Nice work Fletch! SJP will only play 2 games to win another title. All the brackets can be found here. The PIAA web site still has blank brackets.

Very likely there will be at least one team dropping out because of a quarantine. A year like no other.

Round 1:

10-1. McDowell over 10-2. Erie - McD already beat them decisively twice this season.

7-3. Pittsburgh Central Catholic over 7-1. North Allegheny - PCC gets them in the rematch.

2-1. Delaware Valley over 6-1. Altoona Area - Could be a good one? DV hasn't had a tough game in weeks, while Altoona has had some tests.

3-3. Central York over 3-4. William Penn - The battle of York might not be much of a battle. One of the best players in PA make CY a threat.

1-4. Coatesville over 1-1. Pennridge - Red Raider LBs will be all over the Ram's DW.

1-2. Spring-Ford over 1-3. Souderton - Don't know much about either team this year, but playing two 0-5 teams the past 2 weeks can't help SD.

Round 2:

12-1. St Joe's Prep

1-4. Coatesville over 1-2. Spring-Ford

Semi-finals:

12-1. St Joe's Prep over 1-4. Coatesville

Final:

PCC and Central York will be a good one if they get that far. Pretty certain CY will as they are special. The deal Friday is advancing through a rivalry game. Always a tough assignment. York High has a lot of weapons and they know each other well. Both are a play away from 6 every down with great skill. The difference is CY plays defense and has one of the best quarterbacks in the East. Rivalries are great equalizers! Nice run down Fletch.

Central York will have a decent chance as long as they can stop PCC's run game. The ability to throw the ball vs PCC is critical. Great matchup this week with NA and PCC through. It seems that PCC has improved quite a bit since the first meeting.

Assuming Prep takes care of business on the way/in Hershey, will it diminish where this team will stand in all time lore? Obviously with the pandemic, it's a season like we've never seen before. But I cant help but feel a little cheated out of seeing this team play 13 or so times this year with the top end talent that they have everywhere. Thoughts?

Central York seemed to come out of nowhere to beat CD; were District 3 insiders thinking it was an easy CD win or did they think CY could put up a fight?

Assuming Prep takes care of business on the way/in Hershey, will it diminish where this team will stand in all time lore? Obviously with the pandemic, it's a season like we've never seen before. But I cant help but feel a little cheated out of seeing this team play 13 or so times this year with the top end talent that they have everywhere. Thoughts?

You and me both Newport. Would love to have seen them go through their schedule and see the talent on display. If you feel cheated, think how the players feel!!

In the light of all the schools that haven't been able to play at all this year (in CA, MD, DC, etc.), I, a Prep guy, am not feeling at all cheated

Central York seemed to come out of nowhere to beat CD; were District 3 insiders thinking it was an easy CD win or did they think CY could put up a fight?
Actually Fletch Central York didn’t come from out of nowhere and have been a decent program for years, going 141-87 from 1999 through last year. See the Preseason Top 10-Sept 12th below where I had them 8th, then check out the Oct 28th write up for pre-game thoughts. I can’t speak for others except to say if you didn’t see Central York was a legitimate team, you need to go back to the drawing board and get busy. This is all for fun and as I’ve said over the years, more a format to get information out that you otherwise might not see, than where I rank a team. But you got to put the work in. All the south central PA crowd thought CD would win. Most of the state thought that! The shock was the enormity (42-15) of the loss. No one saw that coming or were prepared to see how good they were.

8 Central York 9-2, 6A…from Top 10-Preseason.
Central York returns almost the entire team of last year with what former coach Josh Oswalt calls the best talent to ever come through the school. Problem is, he left the team to return to his alma mater Cumberland Valley to head their program. While at CY he went 30-13 from 2016 to 2019 but could not beat the power teams of District 3, going 1-6 against Cumberland Valley, Central Dauphin, Wilson and Harrisburg, losing by a cumulative score of 108 to 248. The new coach is Gerry Yonchiuk from Lebanon High where they ran the Air Raid offense to some effect. He is well regarded as a developer of quarterbacks which dovetails well with Central’s rising star quarterback Beau Pribula (6-2, 200, jr). As a soph, he completed 57% of his passes for 1244 yards while rushing for 365 yards. Many major schools are already interested in him including Penn State. The return of 10 to the offense (5 of 6 OL averaging 258) and 9 to the defense may see the Panthers ready for prime time football (beating Mid Penn and LL teams) this year

Last edited:
Reactions: Aragorn
In the light of all the schools that haven't been able to play at all this year (in CA, MD, DC, etc.), I, a Prep guy, am not feeling at all cheated
I also feel bad for Neuman/Goretti and Bonner/Prendie ,both of which could have made some real noise in their respective Divisions of the states.

You and me both Newport. Would love to have seen them go through their schedule and see the talent on display. If you feel cheated, think how the players feel!!

I don't feel cheated at all. Tulla is a great guy and he's explained before why The Prep has to spread their net to get students but let's be serious. How much effort does it take to win games when you've recruited the best players in a 50 - 60 mile radius? I feel sorry for teams, like a Pennridge, like a Coatesville where kids from a neighborhood start out playing together in Pop Warner and advance their skills to become a good high school squad.
The Prep is a great academic institution, as an outsider, I'm totally impressed with that. But as far as a football team and following the rules, I have no empathy for them at all.

I don't feel cheated at all. Tulla is a great guy and he's explained before why The Prep has to spread their net to get students but let's be serious. How much effort does it take to win games when you've recruited the best players in a 50 - 60 mile radius? I feel sorry for teams, like a Pennridge, like a Coatesville where kids from a neighborhood start out playing together in Pop Warner and advance their skills to become a good high school squad.
The Prep is a great academic institution, as an outsider, I'm totally impressed with that. But as far as a football team and following the rules, I have no empathy for them at all.

Jhoops. They do follow the rules. How else would they let them play in the Tournament? Come on, talk to the PIAA.

You dont care for the Prep thats a fact. lets be clear, their recruiting is far exaggerated by yours and others statements of 50-60 miles ,4 states etc. They also dont always get the BEST players . Yes , they get some of the best , but be real. There are numerous high level 4 star players within the Phila. metro area that attend the likes of Imhotep,laSalle,Northeast Neuman/ Goretti and so many more. I get that the Prep has put together a tremendous program that attracts good players and Im proud that they are a great representative of Pa High school football on a National level and would want to see more of them if I could.

You dont care for the Prep thats a fact. lets be clear, their recruiting is far exaggerated by yours and others statements of 50-60 miles ,4 states etc. They also dont always get the BEST players . Yes , they get some of the best , but be real. There are numerous high level 4 star players within the Phila. metro area that attend the likes of Imhotep,laSalle,Northeast Neuman/ Goretti and so many more. I get that the Prep has put together a tremendous program that attracts good players and Im proud that they are a great representative of Pa High school football on a National level and would want to see more of them if I could.
The only thing I take issue with in jhoops18's post is his claim that SJP doesn't play by the rules. What rule have they broken?

I understand why a school like Nazareth feels they were at a a very unfair disadvantage last year when they played the Prep in the playoffs. Some see only the Prep's advantages and none of its disadvantages. Still, a reasonable case can be made that non-boundary schools should be put into a different classification. But people would have to ask whether that should apply to all sports--is there a problem in wrestling, soccer, track and field, etc.?--and to all classifications in the sports in which it would be applied. And what would you do with the Philly public schools where the boundaries are only the city limits? Then there is the larger question of whether most people would prefer a separate classification for non-boundary schools. Would P-R have preferred not to play SJP in the 2017 final? Would North Penn have preferred not to play the Prep in 2016 or to play LaSalle in 2010 and 2011. Maybe the answer is a clear "yes" but maybe not.

The only thing I take issue with in jhoops18's post is his claim that SJP doesn't play by the rules. What rule have they broken?

I understand why a school like Nazareth feels they were at a a very unfair disadvantage last year when they played the Prep in the playoffs. Some see only the Prep's advantages and none of its disadvantages. Still, a reasonable case can be made that non-boundary schools should be put into a different classification. But people would have to ask whether that should apply to all sports--is there a problem in wrestling, soccer, track and field, etc.?--and to all classifications in the sports in which it would be applied. And what would you do with the Philly public schools where the boundaries are only the city limits? Then there is the larger question of whether most people would prefer a separate classification for non-boundary schools. Would P-R have preferred not to play SJP in the 2017 final? Would North Penn have preferred not to play the Prep in 2016 or to play LaSalle in 2010 and 2011. Maybe the answer is a clear "yes" but maybe not.
Tulla, your being too nice about this imo. Any team that doesnt want to compete against the best shouldnt play the game . Those PR players and coach K were prepared and looking forward to the challenge of playing the Prep. The same can be said fpr NP ,Lasalle and others. The issue lies with fans of some schools .There are advantages with large enrollment schools with solid feeder programs also. I look at so Columbia in 2A, Thomas Jefferson ,Pine Richland , North Allegheny , Parkland , North Penn ,Central Dauphin, Harrisburg etc etc. These teams are well coached,organized ,and want to compete and believe they can win against any competition. Go Prep !!!!!

Once District 11 opted out of state playoffs, D1 and D12 should have formed an 8 team subregional. Instead of SJP getting a few weeks off, could of had Prep, LaSalle, and 6 D1 schools in a subregion including NP and Neshaminy. That certainly would have been more interesting than what they came up with.

Reactions: new2pa and lilromeo
Tulla, your being too nice about this imo. Any team that doesnt want to compete against the best shouldnt play the game . Those PR players and coach K were prepared and looking forward to the challenge of playing the Prep. The same can be said fpr NP ,Lasalle and others. The issue lies with fans of some schools .There are advantages with large enrollment schools with solid feeder programs also. I look at so Columbia in 2A, Thomas Jefferson ,Pine Richland , North Allegheny , Parkland , North Penn ,Central Dauphin, Harrisburg etc etc. These teams are well coached,organized ,and want to compete and believe they can win against any competition. Go Prep !!!!!
I personally don't like the advantages a private school has a little bit but feel I reflect the attitude of most or many from district-3 saying you always want to go at the best around.... not liking even the thought of ducking someone.

Reactions: lilromeo
Once District 11 opted out of state playoffs, D1 and D12 should have formed an 8 team subregional. Instead of SJP getting a few weeks off, could of had Prep, LaSalle, and 6 D1 schools in a subregion including NP and Neshaminy. That certainly would have been more interesting than what they came up with.

That was the problem with releasing the bracket, the asking Districts “you in or out?” D11 opted out because they didn’t want to decide a champ by computer (which as it turns out, would have been Nazareth forfeiting next week anyway). The PIAA didn’t give themselves a chance to craft a tournament with that teams they actually had.

Round 1:

10-1. McDowell over 10-2. Erie - McD already beat them decisively twice this season. Was this a forfeit?

7-3. Pittsburgh Central Catholic over 7-1. North Allegheny - PCC gets them in the rematch. PCC too much.

2-1. Delaware Valley over 6-1. Altoona Area - Could be a good one? DV hasn't had a tough game in weeks, while Altoona has had some tests. DV took it too them.

3-3. Central York over 3-4. William Penn - The battle of York might not be much of a battle. One of the best players in PA make CY a threat. Can DV challenge CY?

1-4. Coatesville over 1-1. Pennridge - Red Raider LBs will be all over the Ram's DW. Red Raiders D looked confused as Rams' big plays won the game. Are the Rams that quick or is CV lacking the speed they usually have?

1-2. Spring-Ford over 1-3. Souderton - Don't know much about either team this year, but playing two 0-5 teams the past 2 weeks can't help SD. SF snuck back into it, but SD was able to hold on. SD's youth program is really solid right now - could that lead to future success for the high school?

Round 2:

12-1. St Joe's Prep

1-1. Pennridge over 1-3. Souderton

Semi-finals:

12-1. St Joe's Prep over 1-1. Pennridge

Final:

Tulla,

From the PIAA Handbook:

Recruiting for athletic purposes is directly contrary to the fundamental interests of PIAA and it's member schools and any school engaged in such conduct should do so with expectation that it will be treated harshly upon proof of such conduct. Recruiting which is materially motivated in some way by an athletic purpose is contrary to the fundamental objective of (1) keeping athletics in their proper place and subordinate to academics (2) protecting student-athletes from exploitation by adults and those having interests which might not be consistent with those of the student.

I ref multiple sports and PIAA throws their weight around with us but generally leave schools alone. There is an implied contract that schools will follow the rules and model good sportsmanship.
98% of schools follow the rules but you have some outliers (The Prep, Wood, etc.) who don't.

I'm not going to reply to the "tough guys" who say just line up and play these teams who don't follow the rules, that line of thinking is nonsensical.

jhoops, the bottom line is you play the schedule that's there. We played the game with no regard to anything except trying to win the game. Whether that was McDevitt or Delone….the Prep or Wood. It was a game, we were kids and we just wanted to play. I'm not trying to harken back to those days as a "tough guy" now but thank goodness we had no knowledge/concept of these things then. Blissful ignorance or just far less sophisticated than now. Perhaps I'm missing your point in terms of perspective; that of a former player....or now, as someone who can look at it as an adult.

Tulla,

From the PIAA Handbook:

Recruiting for athletic purposes is directly contrary to the fundamental interests of PIAA and it's member schools and any school engaged in such conduct should do so with expectation that it will be treated harshly upon proof of such conduct. Recruiting which is materially motivated in some way by an athletic purpose is contrary to the fundamental objective of (1) keeping athletics in their proper place and subordinate to academics (2) protecting student-athletes from exploitation by adults and those having interests which might not be consistent with those of the student.

I ref multiple sports and PIAA throws their weight around with us but generally leave schools alone. There is an implied contract that schools will follow the rules and model good sportsmanship.
98% of schools follow the rules but you have some outliers (The Prep, Wood, etc.) who don't.

I'm not going to reply to the "tough guys" who say just line up and play these teams who don't follow the rules, that line of thinking is nonsensical.

JHoops I agree with what you are saying. And to others, I thnk JHoops would agree with me, its no fault of the players. But Ex-NFL player"s sons just majically appearing at SJP, along with other high quality athletes does not pass the smell test.

Reactions: myschoolisbetter
JHoops I agree with what you are saying. And to others, I thnk JHoops would agree with me, its no fault of the players. But Ex-NFL player"s sons just majically appearing at SJP, along with other high quality athletes does not pass the smell test.
News Flash: The Prep, LaSalle, and all the non-public schools recruit all their students. They have to, especially since the days of diocesan schools with a large network of feeder elementary schools are long over, as are the days when many large families (like mine) sent three or more sons to a school like the Prep. The questions are whether students are recruited exclusively or mainly for athletic purposes and whether the recruitment puts athletics ahead of academics and exploits students. It's the job of school that's recruiting and enrolling the students to make sure that academics don't get subordinated. I don't know of every situation, but I think the evidence is that the Prep has done pretty well in that area, and I've heard no claims of exploitation. Does anyone really think the Prep goes after the sons of former NFL players (Runyon, Harrison, Trotter) and coaches (Reid and Mornhinweg) or do you think it's a case of one NFL player recommending to others that they send their sons to the Prep?

Reactions: lilromeo
What are the actual entry requirements at a school like Prep? Is there any entrance exam, 8th grade transcripts, maybe alumni referral, etc? I know that traditionally Prep does not take transfers after 9th grade, so that would lend support to the position that they are not letting kids in for just sports.

What are the actual entry requirements at a school like Prep? Is there any entrance exam, 8th grade transcripts, maybe alumni referral, etc? I know that traditionally Prep does not take transfers after 9th grade, so that would lend support to the position that they are not letting kids in for just sports.
The Prep has an entrance exam and it looks at transcripts. Also, beginning in the late 60's--as a result, coincidentally, of a donation from Alan Ameche and Gina Marchetti (prominent NFL players, for those of you who are younger)--the Prep has had a program to prepare disadvantaged students to be academically prepared before they come to the Prep and to help them with tuition costs. I know all about its origins because I went in the Prep pretty much every Saturday morning to tutor the elementary school kids, mostly from North Philly. This was NOT set up to recruit athletes. I know the program has evolved and grown, so that a much higher percentage of Prep students now--not just athletes--come from disadvantaged backgrounds. No doubt that among these students are some athletes.

Reactions: roxychknpoxy
Tulla,

From the PIAA Handbook:

Go away.

Here's a question to add to the list DR.
Is there a genetics requirement?
Because we all know the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

This started with Juan Castillo, approximately 15 years ago, sending his three boys to the Prep after looking at a number of schools. Only one son played football. When Andy Reid came to town, he spoke to Juan who mentioned the Prep. Andy went to the school with his wife And was shocked that the school did not have any athletic facilities. They enrolled the youngest son who ultimately transferred to Harriton for playing time! Mornigweig followed Andy and Juan’s lead and enrolled his son. To keep it short, word spread through the organization and locker room about the school, standards, schedule and expectations and now there is a second wave. Trotter was actually on 97.5 a couple years ago discussing the school and academics more than the team. Give the coaches credit for developing those players, there is little room for error with academics. The majority of the school and the team are legacy, approximately 30% and that applies to all activities. Prep is actually as well known for their crew team and drama club. If you’re a fan of “Always Sunny in Philadelphia”, then you know where Mac started and why he scripted the show the way he did, not to mention that they had the “reunion episode” at the Prep and made it seem like it was a co-Ed school. As far as recruiting, they don’t need to do as much of it as you think. Currently, they don’t need to as the pool of players is shrinking and after 30 years of intense schedules, it has created a vacuum effect. Not everybody gets in. There is a test and you must take it. Some accepted prospects will be offered the opportunity to start the summer before freshman year for study skills, time management and increased instruction for certain subjects. The work load is no joke. The school also has a solid reputation in the community. It supports the adjacent grade school, Gesu, with tutoring and access to the gym and has done so for decades. Gesu school is a true gem in that area with a waiting list to get in. Prep has been there since 1851. The jesuits had a chance to move to where malvern prep currently is now and chose to stay in the city. The majority of Jesuit high schools and colleges are urban. That’s the skinny on it - I drove past Parkland in Allentown recently, Prep can only wish to have such a facility.

Tulla,

From the PIAA Handbook:

Then call the PIAA up and tell them you have an issue with some schools. It's that simple. I don't think you'll get a sympathetic ear though.

Last edited:
Then call the PIAA up and tell them you have an issue with some schools. It's that simple. I don't think you'll get a sympathetic ear though.
No doubt....... Schools have been complaining . Why do you think Wood got moved up?
Im only adding my two cents on a free board. Entertaining...wouldnt you say.

To clarify...

I don't have an issue with The Prep and their rigorous academic standards. I don't think they have comprimised those standards to admit football players.

I don't have an issue with NFL players and coaches sending their sons there. God bless them, it is completely their decision.

I don't have an issue taking players from Jersey or wherever.

My issue is targeting/ recruiting football players to come to The Prep. As Tulla stated, Prep has always cast a wide net for their students. I think maybe now that is being used as a smokescreen to go after players. If you look at their history, they were a fairly average team for the past 40 - 50 years. Then, around 2005, they came to the conclusion that their players weren't good enough so they decided to start recruiting football players which brings us to today. So, their situation is a little different than Wood football or basketball for that matter where it's crystal clear they are recruiting athletes.
I disagree with Tulla on one point going forward. Next season will be very interesting when these current seniors leave. My guess is SJP is very, very busy scouring the area trying to get high-level replacements because once you've tasted that success, it gets addictive.

Reactions: wilson8500
To clarify...

I don't have an issue with The Prep and their rigorous academic standards. I don't think they have comprimised those standards to admit football players.

I don't have an issue with NFL players and coaches sending their sons there. God bless them, it is completely their decision.

I don't have an issue taking players from Jersey or wherever.

My issue is targeting/ recruiting football players to come to The Prep. As Tulla stated, Prep has always cast a wide net for their students. I think maybe now that is being used as a smokescreen to go after players. If you look at their history, they were a fairly average team for the past 40 - 50 years. Then, around 2005, they came to the conclusion that their players weren't good enough so they decided to start recruiting football players which brings us to today. So, their situation is a little different than Wood football or basketball for that matter where it's crystal clear they are recruiting athletes.
I disagree with Tulla on one point going forward. Next season will be very interesting when these current seniors leave. My guess is SJP is very, very busy scouring the area trying to get high-level replacements because once you've tasted that success, it gets addictive.
JHoops Goes much deeper than that. If you play at SJP, colleges come to see who they have. Its all a part of the SJP sell. But if youre a kid stuck in a boundary or a average team, they have to sell themselves. Get together with one of these so called recruiting companies, make thier own hudl highlights and basically get a good luck. And I dont want to hear ( not refering to you) "if the kid's good enough he'll get something. Its one stop shopping at SJP and the first place college coaches call or visit.Again the PIAA is failing athletes all across this state! Its one thing to move into a district to play for a successful team and the PIAA shuts that down, but ignores how Prep operates.
Ive heard on the forum on how two NFL greats endowed SJP with alot of money. How many puplic schools or even catholic schools for that matter have an endowment. I could go on and on.........

Last edited:
JHoops Goes much deeper than that. If you play at SJP, colleges come to see who they have. Its all a part of the SJP sell. But if youre a kid stuck in a boundary or a average team, they have to sell themselves. Get together with one of these so called recruiting companies, make thier own hudl highlights and basically get a good luck. And I dont want to hear ( not refering to you) "if the kid's good enough he'll get something. Its one stop shopping at SJP and the first place college coaches call or visit.Again the PIAA is failing athletes all across this state! Its one thing to move into a district to play for a successful team and the PIAA shuts that down, but ignores how Prep operates.
Ive heard on the forum on how two NFL greats endowed SJP with alot of money. How many puplic schools or even catholic schools for that matter have an endowment. I could go on and on.........
Just to clarify: in the mid-60s "two NFL greats" established a fund to help the Prep recruit and prepare students, not promising athletes, from disadvantaged families/communities. I'm pretty sure that particular endowment ran out of money decades ago, but it set in motion a commitment in line with the Jesuits' "preferential option for the poor." The reality is that families that can afford to pay at least some of the tuition at the Prep--currently about $25,000 plus the cost of books, transportation, etc--have to pay. I'm next to certain there is no endowment / fund that pays the tuition of student-athletes whose families can afford to pay full tuition. One thing for sure is that all the families at the Prep pay significantly more money--even if it's just for incidentals and transportation--than any family that sends their child to a public school.

Just to clarify: in the mid-60s "two NFL greats" established a fund to help the Prep recruit and prepare students, not promising athletes, from disadvantaged families/communities. I'm pretty sure that particular endowment ran out of money decades ago, but it set in motion a commitment in line with the Jesuits' "preferential option for the poor." The reality is that families that can afford to pay at least some of the tuition at the Prep--currently about $25,000 plus the cost of books, transportation, etc--have to pay. I'm next to certain there is no endowment / fund that pays the tuition of student-athletes whose families can afford to pay full tuition. One thing for sure is that all the families at the Prep pay significantly more money--even if it's just for incidentals and transportation--than any family that sends their child to a public school.
I'm sure they do and we'll worth it. Great education and a lot of advantage playing for a top national program. No disrespect, I just feel the public schools are at a great disadvantage.

PCC forfeits game tonight. McDowell moves on
That's regrettable. How many really good teams, Harrisburg, Warwick, McDevitt, on and on have lost to covid, not an opponent on the field. Should say, they lost as much to a policy as they did a virus.

You private school people make me throw up. Stop acting like prep does nothing wrong. Prep was struggling until they went full tilt recruiting in the late 2000s (2010-2011). Money started rolling in and once they started winning, it didn’t stop. It’s hard to go a Saturday without seeing someone from the prep at a local pop Warner game or a 8th grade middle school game. Academics has little to do with it. You guys are unreal, but believe or lie to make you feel better. No one gives a shit anymore about how a prep team compares in history to other pa teams. It’s not the same. The sooner private school teams go away, the better and more fun PA high school football will be. District 1 and 11 should of just held their own tournaments and left prep to play 4 games. No one cares about the prep outside district 12.

You private school people make me throw up. Stop acting like prep does nothing wrong. Prep was struggling until they went full tilt recruiting in the late 2000s (2010-2011). Money started rolling in and once they started winning, it didn’t stop. It’s hard to go a Saturday without seeing someone from the prep at a local pop Warner game or a 8th grade middle school game. Academics has little to do with it. You guys are unreal, but believe or lie to make you feel better. No one gives a shit anymore about how a prep team compares in history to other pa teams. It’s not the same. The sooner private school teams go away, the better and more fun PA high school football will be. District 1 and 11 should of just held their own tournaments and left prep to play 4 games. No one cares about the prep outside district 12.
Your history is way off. The Prep started having very good teams in the 90s when Gil Brooks took over as coach. They were undefeated in regular season league play from 2000 to 2008 and had great teams in 2001, 2002, 2003, and 2005. What that means, by the way, is that the Prep began playing at a very high level well before the PCL entered into the PIAA. The PCL and SJP in particular weren't hiding anything when they joined.

As for District 11, it did decide to hold their own tournament and opt out of the PIAA. You should have checked first. And as for District 1, what's happened to the quality of football since the days of CBW in the 80s and 90s and North Penn in the first decade of this century is not the fault of SJP. In fact, I'd say it's nobody's fault--just the way hs football has evolved in the Philly area. You can think PA high school football will be better if the privates "go away"--do you mean leave the PIAA or cease to exist?--but maybe you should look at what's happened in Jersey. Is that what you want?

Reactions: Bighead75
Yea, the prep was “good” those years. Once they went all in recruiting and spending money in 2010-2011, they went over the top and it slowly became unfair. Maybe you should check your history. Football hasn’t evolved in the Philly area. Instead you have Imotep fake school, coaches using school funds or booster money and prep bringing in anyone and everyone. Please stop with you bs. People are tired of it. I don’t need to look at NJ. Pa football would be fine without the PREP. Maybe they can go to
Jersey since they are right on the boarder. That’s the excuse right?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT