ADVERTISEMENT

NA vs P-R Tonight

new2pa

Nov 9, 2014
NA certainly owes P-R since it’s been 5 years (3 games) since their last win I believe. I thought they would get it last year but P-R surprised me. I thought NA was able to score last week a little easier and I doubt they’ll turn the football over as much. P-R can compete up front but not sure they have enough weapons. I’ll go

NA 35 P-R 17

might be tight defensive battle, imo, NA best player is Daniel Sellers- stud- he makes it a better d-line than last yr

Reactions: new2pa
I say win by NA, but maybe 27-17, turnovers may impact things for either team, and NA benefits from home crowd- homecoming and hall-of-fame night-good game

You wanna talk about getting bent over a barrel and shown the fifty states. This is getting ugly. I don't remember the last time P-R was overmatched in a WPIAL game like this.

New, do you know of the last time P-R was mercy ruled by a WPIAL team? There's no way that it has happened under Kasperowicz, Campos, or LeDonne.

New, do you know of the last time P-R was mercy ruled by a WPIAL team? There's no way that it has happened under Kasperowicz, Campos, or LeDonne.
Pr got mercy ruled more than a few times under kasper. Img academy, couple times by central come to mind. Most notable was NA in 16 and they threw a half back option pass for a TD w starters in up 35

I would start roasting pr right now, but I’m still mad about last weeks loss. You guys get off lucky
Best of luck the rest of the way, Tiger. You guys have a very solid team. You're probably the only shot to take down PCC in 6A. I'll be pulling for you. Kushner is a solid QB, Alualu is a stud, and the two big tackles will be playing on Saturdays. Congrats on the win man.

Pr got mercy ruled more than a few times under kasper. Img academy, couple times by central come to mind. Most notable was NA in 16 and they threw a half back option pass for a TD w starters in up 35
Also pick north had them mercy ruled before half time last year. Definitely not a frequent occurrence but all the top big school teams around have seemed to have a game here or there where they get mercy ruled

Best of luck the rest of the way, Tiger. You guys have a very solid team. You're probably the only shot to take down PCC in 6A. I'll be pulling for you. Kushner is a solid QB, Alualu is a stud, and the two big tackles will be playing on Saturdays. Congrats on the win man.
100%. No one on this thread should be rooting for PCC. A SJP AND PCC final would be awful

I think you know exactly why I said that
Are you suggesting an SJP-NA game is more likely to be a better game than an SJP-PCC game? Or are you suggesting that PCC, a team that hasn't been to a state final since 2016, should not be allowed to compete for the WPIAL 6A championship?

Off the top of my head they were mercy ruled:

2018 IMG
2018 SJP - State Semis
2018 NA
2013 PCC

There are no longer any players that played for Coach K and his staff on this P-R team. The turnover in staff seems to have really hurt the skill kids.

If NA scored 45, how many is PCC gonna score? 70

Are you suggesting an SJP-NA game is more likely to be a better game than an SJP-PCC game? Or are you suggesting that PCC, a team that hasn't been to a state final since 2016, should not be allowed to compete for the WPIAL 6A championship?
I don’t want two private schools in the final

Off the top of my head they were mercy ruled:

2018 IMG
2018 SJP - State Semis
2018 NA
2013 PCC

There are no longer any players that played for Coach K and his staff on this P-R team. The turnover in staff seems to have really hurt the skill kids.

If NA scored 45, how many is PCC gonna score? 70
You’re thinking 16, 18 NA won something like 28-7. Also PCC mercy ruled them bad in the 16 semi finals when devinney was the QB.

Yeah next week looks brutal. I really hope ledonne can prevent them from being completely demoralized, there’s still hope to make a run in the conference.

You’re thinking 16, 18 NA won something like 28-7. Also PCC mercy ruled them bad in the 16 semi finals when devinney was the QB.

Yeah next week looks brutal. I really hope ledonne can prevent them from being completely demoralized, there’s still hope to make a run in the conference.
phew- jacky- I hope so but at this point I'd be surprised if PR even makes the playoffs

Why would PR not make the playoffs? They’ll lose to PCC next week, but that’s a non conference game. They’ll finish the season with 3 straight wins.

PR only lost to Penn hills by 6, and PH is the 2nd best team in 5a

1. Peters Township
2. Penn Hills
3. Pine-Richland

Why would PR not make the playoffs? They’ll lose to PCC next week, but that’s a non conference game. They’ll finish the season with 3 straight wins.

PR only lost to Penn hills by 6, and PH is the 2nd best team in 5a

1. Peters Township
2. Penn Hills
3. Pine-Richland
b/c only 10 out of 18 make playoffs in wpial 5A

b/c only 10 out of 18 make playoffs in wpial 5A
5A is screwed up. You had erie prep last year get to the semi finals without playing a game because of a lack of 5A teams but you had some really good wpial teams not make the playoffs. The piaa needs to fix this.

Reactions: Relayer
Weekend update about P-R / NA game:

Same old story for P-R this year. They have a pretty nice OL/DL. Big, but not very explosive. Cannot generate a pass rush. And their skill isn't great. NA should have scored more- just missed some long passes to WR's behind DB. Also poor tackling. Offensively P-R can run the ball with Pillar who is a nice HS RB. But they don't have any consistent pass game. Huffman is not great throwing and can't run. The freshman is a very nice runner but he's got a ways to go passing. Also, no real threats to stretch the field.

NA has a nice team.

The 6A Wpial championship will be a one score game, you can believe that
NA is as good as advertised. IMO they are the 3rd best team in the state no matter the classification. Id bet on them any Friday unless they are playing sjp or PCC. PCC's big win over them last week just st shows how good PCC is this year. They are loaded.

NA is very good, not sure they can top PCC next time- about PR,_unlikely they will beat Woody- if not- we are 3rd place, likely out of playoffs

If P-R doesn’t make playoffs. Yikes.

What about Shaler. They can pass it?

I just read on another board that P-R is likely going to be 6A. I'm guessing after last week and the a$$-whipping that's gonna happen this week, there is going to be some rumbling...

I just read on another board that P-R is likely going to be 6A. I'm guessing after last week and the a$$-whipping that's gonna happen this week, there is going to be some rumbling...
lol, maybe at this point that's a good thing- beat Seneca, go 1-9 and still make the playoffs in 6A!!

Watched NA last night vs. PCC. Its no wonder they killed P-R. Way better. I was thinking, this could be the re-rise of NA. If they can beat PCC in the finals, I would have no doubt that that is a possibility. Knowing a little about what P-R has coming up and the staff turnover I don't see P-R being competitive with NA, but who knows.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT