ADVERTISEMENT

LaSalle wins 29-28 over St. Joe's Prep

JB, l don't think anyone would accuse these kids of quiting. However, two possibilities are very much real. One, they just won an extremely physical Catholic League. They are beat up. It would surprise me if they could even practice tomorrow. Two, after such an emotional win over an arch rival in which they were clearly the underdog, its tough to get back up the next week over a team everyone expects them to beat. Can be very tough. I believe that was Hucks point but I don't want to put words in his mouth.

I think I got Huck's point just fine; I simply pointed out an intangible I believe may be most important. We agree, Huck doesn't need anyone speaking for him; he's quite eloquent for a SW Philly boy.

JB, No need to get snippy. Your post just makes it seem like you had no idea what Huck was saying. Just figured I'd spell it out for you. But since appear to know everything, I'll leave you to your own merits or lack thereof.

Reactions: roxychknpoxy
JB, I believe the intangibles (other than possible letdown) do work for LS here. I'm expecting them to win. I just think that this particular Gratz team matches up decently with them. On paper, I think this Gratz team is the Pub's best chance for win since the GW team in '08.

With that said, LS is a tough team. Defensively, they have been solid all year. Their attention to detail is strong, as always. Gratz needs to play a clean/disciplined game. If they do, the I think they can be in it.

JB, No need to get snippy. Your post just makes it seem like you had no idea what Huck was saying. Just figured I'd spell it out for you. But since appear to know everything, I'll leave you to your own merits or lack thereof.

Actually IA, my post was clearly to Huck; not sure why you insisted on telling me everything I already know. LS knows too; they've done this 6 out of 8 years now.

Thanks for spelling it out for me though; much appreciated. Damn, how did I ever type this post? Moron that I am needing things spelled out for me.

Last edited:
JB, I believe the intangibles (other than possible letdown) do work for LS here. I'm expecting them to win. I just think that this particular Gratz team matches up decently with them. On paper, I think this Gratz team is the Pub's best chance for win since the GW team in '08.

With that said, LS is a tough team. Defensively, they have been solid all year. Their attention to detail is strong, as always. Gratz needs to play a clean/disciplined game. If they do, the I think they can be in it.

Thanks Huck; we could have skipped the 2008 part! LS learned a big lesson that year.

Thanks Huck; we could have skipped the 2008 part! LS learned a big lesson that year.

The 2008 part wasn't about LS. It was about the PUB rep. I would have said the same thing regardless of the PCL team. I think on paper this might be the best PUB rep since that GW team.

The 2008 part wasn't about LS. It was about the PUB rep. I would have said the same thing regardless of the PCL team. I think on paper this might be the best PUB rep since that GW team.

I know; it's just that '08 still stings!

I know; it's just that '08 still stings!

I hear ya. GW was pretty good that year. They had a lot of athletes, a good QB, and probably the most dominant player in the city. Let's not forget about how windy it was that day either. Without a doubt was a factor with LS's efficient passing attack.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT