ADVERTISEMENT

Harrisburg looking tough.

DripDrop

Aug 31, 2023
Just read where their QB/DB shawn lee received a D1 offer from old Damion and thier junior tackle Kevin Brown received his biggest offer thus far from Florida state.

I’ve said this a few months ago but I’ll say it again: predicting a SJP vs Harrisburg 2024 final
That's not really a hard prediction. They are the 2 best teams in 6A. You got a recruited team and another team with everyone back that barely lost to NA in the western finals. I'll make an even crazier prediction, I bet sjp wins 6A.

Reactions: Stalker and d1ball
Harrisburg has had some off the field issues involving the HC again. I am not sure if there were any consequences announced yet.

Reactions: Football-Freaks
so this year will be the 4th or 5th year Harrisburg gets destroyed in the state championship?

so this year will be the 4th or 5th year Harrisburg gets destroyed in the state championship?
Who knows. And maybe Ringold's third consecutive winless season? But there is always hope. Afterall, they've won eight games the last seven year.

Harrisburg is proof that when you walk on the field with more talent then 90% of your schedule, roster size is kind of irrelevant. Aliquippa had 50+ kids on the roster last year. That's almost double the size of Harrisburg's roster.

Aliquippa will be fine in 5A. Deep down they aren't sweating "player safety." I've never heard of Aliquippa kids signing safety waivers once they enter college. They're sweating not having the guarantee of having a 100% edge over 5A opponents like they did in 2A, 3A, and 4A.

Harrisburg is proof that when you walk on the field with more talent then 90% of your schedule, roster size is kind of irrelevant. Aliquippa had 50+ kids on the roster last year. That's almost double the size of Harrisburg's roster.

Aliquippa will be fine in 5A. Deep down they aren't sweating "player safety." I've never heard of Aliquippa kids signing safety waivers once they enter college. They're sweating not having the guarantee of having a 100% edge over 5A opponents like they did in 2A, 3A, and 4A.
Meanwhile southern Columbia stays at 2A.

Harrisburg has been extremely fortunate avoiding the injury bug the last few years that would have potentially devastated the team with a roster of 25-30. It (dings) catches up to them in back-back games vs rivals or quality teams in performances yielding scores that seem out of character. But nothing significant.
Actually, they've been inordinately lucky with essentially no injuries vs a schedule of CD x2, Manheim Township x2, State, Central York, North Allegheny, York. All big, physical 6As.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT